Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-15-2011, 12:32 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/278/160

Height: 5'7

Default Red Tea as part of water intake?

OK, so I am a princess, and I don't drink tap water on it's own. I will drink it with Crystal Light, or I will drink bottled water.

The store in my town doesn't have any Crystal Light, and honestly it's too darn cold and windy and snowy and miserable for me to justify going there right now (I'd have to walk) to get a 4 liter jug of water, so I am drinking Red Tea (which is completely caffeine free). Is it ok that I am counting this as water?

My plan is to drink 32oz of Red Tea and 64 oz of water. Typically I drink 96oz of water a day.
OhMyDogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/133.4/110

Height: 5'2

By red tea you mean roobis?? If so, go for it! I love it! Herbal teas without caffeine definitely count toward drinking a glass of water.
alicia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 155/133.4/110

Height: 5'2

Just thought of something else.. what about investing in a brita filter? They can be a bit pricey but I often see them on sale at loblaws superstore and costco. That way you can have the bottled quality water without the bottle!

P.S. Try the tetley spiced plum roobis! Soooooo good!
alicia89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #4  

Yup, I mean Rooibos. I haven't had it in forever, but had it sitting in the cupboard. It's a good tea day anyway. My house is pretty drafty (it's a 70's mobile home).
Old 04-15-2011, 12:48 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicia89 View Post
Just thought of something else.. what about investing in a brita filter? They can be a bit pricey but I often see them on sale at loblaws superstore and costco. That way you can have the bottled quality water without the bottle!

P.S. Try the tetley spiced plum roobis! Soooooo good!
Typically we get the big bottles of water, so it's not terribly expensive. But in order to do that, I need to have the van, as I can't carry it all the way home. So my 4 liter is just a "make do" until my husband take the big jug. I have thought about a brita, but I'll be honest....

Like I said, I am a princess when it comes to water. There are many types of bottled water I won't drink because to me it feels "fuzzy", same with tap water (it's 1/2 taste and 1/2 feel). I am worried about investing in a Brita, then finding that I don't like the water from it. Or that it has that "fuzzy" feeling....it's one thing I am super picky about...water! LOL

My poor husband, his life was a lot better when I didn't drink water at all! LOL