Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-28-2011, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 268/181/160

Height: 5'6

Default Really emotional??

Today marks the third week of my weight loss journey, and I've been doing great. I am really making a difference, and I see it in myself already. I consistently have been eating well and exercizing every day, even light exercise on my 'rest' days. However, I have been feeling so lately emotional! Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am sad. I just seem to be crying over the silliest things-not in a bad way, I think, because like I said, I'm not sad when I'm doing it. It seems to strike at all time. I could be reading, exercizing, cooking dinner, listening to a song, talking to someone and I'll just feel teary all of a sudden-every day activities are making me emotional, I guess, and I have no idea of why and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Did you all experience this?
fatferretfanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 155/ 129 /120

Height: 5'7"

I did, & do, but I`m bi-polar. :P

so keep up the good work, explore all your options, & for now just lean on those who are here for you. And we all are.
hippy27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:36 PM   #3  

To my knowledge I do not share your diagnosis, but it does really help to know you guys are here. However, it's not an entirely unpleasant experience, being so emotional. I just don't know where it's coming from and am a little confused by it.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:40 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

I think even positive changes are sometimes stressful. Taking good care of yourself feels good but it is still a change. Just be kind to yourself and keep on keeping on!
Riemontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:57 PM   #5  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatferretfanatic View Post
Today marks the third week of my weight loss journey, and I've been doing great. I am really making a difference, and I see it in myself already. I consistently have been eating well and exercizing every day, even light exercise on my 'rest' days. However, I have been feeling so lately emotional! Don't get me wrong, it's not that I am sad. I just seem to be crying over the silliest things-not in a bad way, I think, because like I said, I'm not sad when I'm doing it. It seems to strike at all time. I could be reading, exercizing, cooking dinner, listening to a song, talking to someone and I'll just feel teary all of a sudden-every day activities are making me emotional, I guess, and I have no idea of why and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. Did you all experience this?
Yes i too have this problem, not only that but it comes out in other ways, even in my postings, wouldn't be so bad but i'm a guy and i'm afraid i'll make some people (ladies) uncomfortable or already have, i post or say extremely candidly lately, i'm normally much more reserved and even shy, this lifestyle overhaul is really taking a toll on me. Doesn't help being hospitalized over the weekend either.

I refuse to stop weight loss now but normally i am very different, i find i'm always apologizing but don't know why other than my emotional state. Must have something to do with chemical balances or changing body composition is all i can think. Hoping it sorts itself soon or at the least when i hit my goal.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:08 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

You could just be feeling tired and it is showing through your emotions.
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:10 PM   #7  

It's nice to know that I am not the only one that gets that way! I don't think that showing emotion would make people uncomfortable! I am sorry you were hospitalized! I hope everything is OK! I've always been a compulsive apologizer, but I've been doing it more lately. I think it must have something to do with hormone stability issues-it's just so strange! You have made amazing progress though, Resolute-you're certainly an inspiration. Don't let anything stop you!
Old 03-28-2011, 10:40 PM   #8  
One man would not fall...

S/C/G: 400/223/190

Height: 5' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatferretfanatic View Post
It's nice to know that I am not the only one that gets that way! I don't think that showing emotion would make people uncomfortable! I am sorry you were hospitalized! I hope everything is OK! I've always been a compulsive apologizer, but I've been doing it more lately. I think it must have something to do with hormone stability issues-it's just so strange! You have made amazing progress though, Resolute-you're certainly an inspiration. Don't let anything stop you!
LOL, i'm almost afraid to post anything Thankyou for the well wishes i believe and hope everything will be fine.

Don't let anything stop you either.
Resolute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:47 PM   #9  

^that's the plan!

Stacy, it may be, but I get a full 8 hours of sleep and take a mid day nap if I need it. I always feel more energetic, and if I feel sleepy, I rest. Right now, we're waiting on hubby to ship into the navy and nothing else is going on for either of us. All I have to do is focus on this, and I've definitely been doing that. You could be right though-
Old 03-29-2011, 01:17 AM   #10  
Le geek, c'est chic

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/150ish

Height: 5'2" and change

I don't think that's unusual. It's hard for me to say because I'm one of those people who laughs at the dumbest jokes and cries at long-distance commercials, but I did notice that I feel sometimes like...well, like I'm waking up from a long sleep.

I agree, it isn't a bad thing--it's just part of all the ways in which your life is changing. Some of it might even be physiological; your hormones are bound to be in some flux as you undergo a lot of changes in diet, exercise, and general fitness level.

It'll probably settle down as you get into a more long-term routine.
Nola Celeste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:36 AM   #11  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

I started crying more when I started my weight loss journey too. I was an emotional eater. I stuffed my frustration/sadness/stress/anxiety with food. Now, without food, I cry! It's a new kind of release. A healthier one! So I don't mind.

Last edited by ShanIAm; 03-29-2011 at 10:36 AM.
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:55 AM   #12  

Yeah, I was definitely an emotional eater and an eater to fill the boredom. Also, as many of us do, I sometimes feel unsatisfied with my life and I used to just eat as a self soothing act. I can't do that anymore. Maybe that's part of the reason why as well.