Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 01:47 AM   #1  

Default Need all the support I can get!!

Hi-I'm new here. I have been heavy for 20+ yrs and am looking for some strong support from people. I have always wanted to lose but the willpower & drive was not there. Now I'm almost there. It's the willpower to stop eating everything in sight. If someone could help me find ways to eat three meals a day, get motivated to exercise, and to mentally turn to other things besides food will help me alot. I know that I can succeed if I have more positive things said to me.
Old 01-10-2003, 03:58 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Honey, if I could do that, I'd be a bazillionaire! But seriously, I have the same problems, and think maybe we can help each other. Plus, there are others here at 3fatchicks with lots of good ideas.

What program are you attempting? You say you are almost there mentally- well, make a list of all the reasons you can think of why want to lose, and look at that for motivation. A really good quote I saw somewhere says "Next year you'll wish you started today." I say it won't even take til next year. How about this coming summer when you want to be comfortable in a bathsuit or even shorts? Everyone has their own motivators to lose!

My biggest problem is overeating when I am stressed. I have a a real problem with that, but am dealing with it.

You say you want to eat 3 meals a day - does this mean you are a breakfast skipper? Try not eating anything after dinner, or at least no less than 3 hours before you go to bed, and believe me, that will turn you into a breakfast fan!

Lastly, if you are really ready, you WILL succeed. Hang around these boards for motivation, and if you want to PM me with you email, maybe we could help each other on a one-to-one basis.

Gee, I just gave myself a big pep talk, too!
Jana
Old 01-10-2003, 04:12 PM   #3  

Big red,

You can do it!! It's all about baby steps. I've lost 40 lbs by taking baby steps and setting small goals each day.

write down your goals.

For example, tell yourself you'll try not to snack. Try to only eat 3 meals. A healthy breakfast like a toast and egg. Maybe a salad and a fruit for lunch. A piece of roasted chicken, baked potato, corn and green beans for dinner. You can have a fruit bar for a snack after dinner. This is just an example. You can do this!!

When you've accomplished that baby step, try to start walking or do a little exercise each day.

Third thing, try to get 8 glasses of water each day.

These are 3 baby steps. You can do this!!

Good luck, Dena
Old 01-10-2003, 06:18 PM   #4  
Progress..not perfection

Big Red,

Hello! Nice to meet you. You have stumbled upon the best website for weightloss that's out there. You will find wonderful ideas, support and strength here.

I don't think there's anything that I can say to you that you don't truly know in your own heart........can I?

I mean, truth be told......don't we all really know what to do to lose weight? We all know that we need to reduce our food intake, drink more water and exercise.

To me, weightloss is more a state of mind. You have to make up your mind that you're going to do it and stick with it. Now don't get me wrong.......none of us are perfect, and we are all going to fail every now and again. What is important, is that we pick ourselves up, forgive ourselves and move on. Occasionally we will fall off the wagon, but what we need to do is hop back on before it gets too far away from us, instead of wondering around in the valley of food.

Starting out, you have to remember to keep your goals small. Don't try to do too much at once, or you can burn out. Start with something easy.......like drinking more water.

After you do that for a week, then start a small amount of exercise. Exercise is a funny thing.....it takes forever to get started, but then once you get going, you really find that you want to do it and enjoy it.

I wish you all the luck in the world and peep in into each one of the threads and find a group that best fits your need. I post in 300+ And Ready To Try Again and we welcome all........no matter what size.

Thanks to my hard work and the amazing people I have met on this site, I am proud to say I am no longer 300+ and will never be again.
Old 01-10-2003, 07:13 PM   #5  

Default A Little Praise for Big Red!

You've taken that first step on a long journey, Big Red, admitting that you need to take charge of your life and health!

Now that you've done that, be sure to get checked out by your doctor and work out a weight loss and excersize plan that's right for you, AND that you can live with! Some people on this web sight are on Atkins, some on Weight Watchers, and others like me are on a modified food plan. Get educated and talk to your doctor and a nutritionist if possible!

Here's a great motivational tip that my doctor gave me. Write down a list of atleast 5 reasons why you want to lose weight. Things like "I want to feel better in my body" "I want to see my grandkids walk down the aisle" or even "I want to hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon". Stick the list on your fridge. Put a few more reasons in your car. Put a list in your pantry! Anytime you reach for food that you don't need, or are driving around and have a craving, you can read your list and remember WHY you want to get healthy!

Look around this website for support and encouragement every day! (I come to the website 4 or 5 times a day to read encouraging messages when I feel like binge eating!) If you're having a bad day or fall off the "health wagon", pick yourself up and start over again! Work your health plan day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute. I know you can do it!

JohnnieAnn
Old 01-11-2003, 12:57 AM   #6  

AtHomeGoddess, Excellent Answer!! Everything you said is soooo right on!! Thank you for your insight and information.

Big Red, see all the support you get here. We're rooting for ya all the way!!
Old 01-11-2003, 11:29 AM   #7  

Thanks everyone for your input. I am taking everything you said in. I decided that in order for me to succeed at changing me is to set my goals, change my attitude to positive then everything will fall into place. Wish me luck!
Closed Thread