Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Default What is going on with me??

Boy, I don't know what is going on with me. I hit 100 pounds down just 3 weeks ago and felt really positive and really good.

But the last couple weeks have sucked. I have only lost another 4 pounds, but I'm not too wound up about that, because I know it will come. But I have felt discouraged, headachy and just overall TIRED. It has been really bad this week. I have just felt unmotivated and sluggish and very, very exhausted.

My husband thinks that I must be missing something in my diet. But nothing has changed diet wise or exercise wise, so I can't figure out what is going on. The only thing that has changed is that I normally have a banana at lunch and this week I have had an orange instead. That can't possibly be it!

Whatever it is, I seriously hope it passes, because this sucks. I cut my workout short tonight and instead took a hot bath - of course, now I feel guilty about that.

Just cause I know what some people will be thinking, it's not TOM - I take birth control continually to prevent that!
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:01 PM   #2  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

Maybe you're getting sick.

And yes birth control does change our hormones, but I'll tell you as I lost weight my TOM symptoms changed. They're actually worse as I get thinner. I get super tired, so bi*chy, I binge eat, I get headaches, before it wasn't that bad. So you never know.

I also needed more cals and more balance in my diet as my exercise increased and my weight decreased. Has your exercise increased at all or changed at all?

There are a number of possibilities. I get tired for no reason sometimes too.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:34 PM   #3  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

That's a tough question. I'd say....maybe you should at least get back to having that banana and you'll feel better. Maybe you really need that potassium. Also, you have lost a lot of weight. Congrats, by the way! That has got to be tough on the body....obviously it's great, but there are a lot of changes. Maybe you can cut yourself some slack and instead of working out, give yourself a few days off and just take gentle walks? If nothing helps, I'd suggest a trip to the doctor. It could be thyroid or something else.
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 08:55 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/168.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Congrats on your weight loss so far! My suggestion would be to switch up your routine a bit. Maybe your body needs a shake up. I think we sometimes get into a mental and physical rut so doing something different might snap your body out of the mini plateau. Good luck!
Hot4Teacher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:05 PM   #5  
Shifty Werewolf

S/C/G: 285/209/165

Height: 5'5"

I'm across the lake from you in northern VT and I've also had a headache this week that just won't go away. I've chalking it up to the unrelenting low pressure weather we've been having - maybe it's something as simple as that for you too. This past week was a rough one, weather-wise for those of us in the north country.
Vladadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:41 PM   #6  
Film Fan

S/C/G: Top wt: 207; Now: under 150

Height: 5'8"

Default potassium deficiency?

Since you mentioned that you just stopped eating a banana each day, one possbility that popped into my mind is that you might have a potassium deficiency, which would trigger sudden fatigue. Bananas provide a lot of potassium; maybe you could eat one at lunch for the next couple of days and see if it helps?
mackinac19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 09:45 PM   #7  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

I second a doctor appointment. It is quite possible that a thyroid problem is cropping up, or something else, that your doctor needs to check out, if you don't feel better in a couple of days. feel better soon.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 12:12 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 292/144/145

Height: 5'10"

While I'd eat the banana again to see if it helps, it's also possible that there's a bit of a mental thing going on. The 100 pound mark is a huge deal, one that we work towards like it's the most important milestone in the world, and then when you get there, you still have a bunch of weight to lose. It can be very anti-climactic. I had a bad few weeks after I hit it and it really dragged me down. The fact that I should feel so great about it, and didn't, made it even worse and I had a real case of the blahs for awhile and didn't feel like doing anything. Any chance you've been feeling this way?
Robin41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #9  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Well, I haven't lost 100 lbs yet, but hope to be there soon! And I suspect I might have that same feeling you are talking about. I started out at 350 , and I was pretty excited about getting below 300 for my first goal. I was excited about it for about a half a second, till I realized, gee, here I've acheived my first major goal and I've barely even scraped the top of the iceberg. Now with my second major goal looming, I expect more of the same. Woohoo! Lost 100 lbs. Still weigh 250! Awesome! hahaha

Just keep plugging away and look forward!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 08:43 AM   #10  
Maintainer since 12-22-10

S/C/G: 198/190/165

Height: 5'8"

I know you exercise every day Cherrypie...maybe you should consider taking one day off and see if that makes you feel better. I find that I feel renewed after my day off from exercise. I also second going back to eating the banana - potassium is a wonder nutrient.

100lbs is a huge accomplishment! You should enjoy it.......

Last edited by Slim CB; 03-11-2011 at 08:45 AM.
Slim CB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 221/Ticker/165

Height: 5' 8"

Although I exercise 6 days a week, I too get into slumps and while I have not lost near the weight you have I try not to be too hard on myself. Just maybe take a day for you and just you, get a pedi or massage, relax and get back into it the next day. I know that always makes me feel better. You have done a phenomenal job so far, keep going.....don't give up!!
thenewjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:47 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 344/119/116

Height: 5'1"

Thanks everyone for your support. I felt a little better when I woke up today, but the really crappy feeling doesn't usually start until about this time, so I'm waiting to see. I did have a banana for lunch today, so that may make a difference, too.

I'm sure that part of this is mental, Robin. I think, "Wow! I've lost 100 pounds!" and then I see how huge I still am, and it does get discouraging.

I do exercise everyday, Slim, CB - my last true rest day was in January, and maybe I do need a rest day. I am such an all or nothing person - I didn't do it for so long and now I feel like I need to make up for lost time or something.

Here is my plan: I am totally doctor-phobic. I'm going to wait a few days to see if this passes and if not, I'll schedule an appointment.

I am on this weight loss challenge thing at work. It ends next week and then I won't feel so much pressure about the weigh in every week, so I may cut myself a break and take a rest day if needed.
CherryPie99 is offline   Reply With Quote