Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-27-2011, 11:00 PM   #16  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
I am still mourning the loss of my dad in October. He was so proud of me then for starting on the journey. I usually try to us him as inspiration - which today makes me feel even worse for going off my diet with a chocolate binge. I owe it to him to stick with it and stay motivated and on-plan. I made it through him 20 days in the hospital and all the arrangements without goingoff my pan once. Now I am mourning how I went off my plan today... doesn't seem right. I feel very ashamed.
Stacygee - we are all human and your dad would know that a bad day, is just that. A bad day. I think it's great that you are using your dad for inspiration. And I am sure he would be so, so proud of how far you have come!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #17  
Melissa

Height: 5'6.5"

I just feel bad about the new clothes I just bought. I had lost 10 lbs over a year ago and it made me drop a size. Well, I FINALLY went and bought some new duds in November. Only to start losing weight in January. Some things I haven't even cut the tags yet (but they aren't returnable). So, it's not really the clothes I mourn, but the money spent on something I won't use!
berryblondeboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:04 PM   #18  
2 chins down, 1 to go

S/C/G: 387/228/175

Height: 5'6

I miss the boobs as well. I miss the days when my boobs stuck out further than my belly. I know that eventually after I lose more of this weight, I'll even out but right now it's so NOT pretty to see your gut sticking out further than your boobs. I went from a DDD to a small C in the last year, I'm worried I'm going to end up with an A cup by the time I get rid of the rest of it!
ShesLosingIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

My boobs also seem to be shrinking. I'm wearing a 44D bra right now and I'm pretty sure it doesn't fit right, my boobs don't fill up the cup . My 40Cs are just barely too tight.

I was reminded of rings from another post. A couple of hours ago I grabbed one of my old favorite rings that was always a little bit loose (size 11) and when i put it on it literally just dropped to the floor. I can practically put it on without even touching the skin on my finger. This is amazing to me because I've always had short chubby fingers and I hadn't realized just how much they had shrunk. The ring even falls off of my thumb!

I think I'm in an 8 or 9 ring now. I have quite a few cute rings but I don't really mourn them because I don't know where half of them are LOL.

Last edited by Linsy; 02-27-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #20  

I am actually getting nervous about my wedding ring. It is a mm rogers double layer (gold and silver) with an intricate design, that cannot be reduced, it is massive and heavy. It is getting very loose now, and I am afraid that at goal, I will not be able to keep it on. I have lots of beautiful rings, including a diamond that I cannot wear unless at goal. I have missed wearing those rings dearly! Geez....15 years since I could?

AS far as weight loss, I mourn my long hair. I had gotten it down to tailbone length, but my dieting ruined it, I lost handfuls of it, the texture got worse and ended up having to cut it off. It is much better now, thicker and shiny again (thank you extra vitamins and high fat!) and so I plan on growing it out again. Still, it will take me 3 years to get it back to tailbone. Sigh. I have two fabulous antique sterling silver hair combs that an opera singer once wore.
martinimouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

martinimouse, I think I read in another thread that there's something you can buy to keep your rings on. If your wedding ring is really special and you can't get it fitted then you should do a little bit of googling to see if there's anything you can do.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 02:14 PM   #22  
Playing to Lose

S/C/G: 194/ticker/129

Height: 5' 1"

Martinimouse -- do a google search on "ring guard" and you'll see what Linsy is referring to. I wish I had gotten mine sized or fitted right before it went flying off into the toll basket! A girlfriend of mine recently lost hers in the toilet. She was able to fetch it out but....ummm....yeah..... ((ick))
ShanIAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 189/186.8/160 (restart)

Height: 5'5"

I regret/miss the fact that I bought clothes 6 months ago because I thought I wasn't going a size and a half in the intervening months. I didn't need the clothes and if I had waited, I could have bought more.... now I have nothing to wear and I'm giving away half my closet. The clothes look awful on me, so I really can't wear them.

I miss not having to think about food or where my next meal is coming from or calorie counting. Sure, you get in a groove, it becomes automatic and you learn what meals work for your plan or not. But I do miss not even having to know what a calorie was or how what a carb meant or anything like that (this is also related to my PCOS).
Rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 04:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 294/204/175

Height: 5'6"

Girls, they sell ring guards at Walmart, you get an assortment of them for $3

I am not "mourning" anything yet.... maybe the old eating habits a little... but doesn't feel right to say I'm mourning it when it was so bad for me lol.

I guess maybe more things will come when I lose some more weight
EvilGidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/168/150

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanIAm View Post
I'm very sorry to hear about that, JessLess, and it was not my intention to trivialize terrible losses such as a home and car.....or those that lost loved one's in that terrible tragedy.

The losses I was referring to were related to weight loss one's only. My intention was to keep this post light hearted.
Sorry. I don't miss my clothes, I've been having too much fun selling them and buying new ones.
JessLess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 205/160s/128

Height: 5'0"

I miss my favourite ring as well. I never spend much money on anything (clothes, shoes, jewellery) but one day I spent $180 NZD on a sterling silver bow ring by a New Zealand designer. I fell in love with it. I bought it slightly too big, but it's now giant and I can't wear it on any fingers. Sadly, ring guards don't seem to exist in this country. I do plan on getting it resized though - I carry it around in my wallet! I just don't know how much more finger shrinkage to expect!

I also miss this amazing black lace dress I bought about a year ago. It's about 2 sizes to big now, not the type of thing that could easily be altered (and I also didn't pay enough for it to warrant spending probably double that again on getting it resized). I know I can buy new clothes, but this one dress...it fit so perfectly and I can't find something yet that makes me feel quite as good as that dress did.

I actually kind of miss NOT being obsessed with calories, food, etc. I miss just going out and eating whatever...but not so much that I'd go back to it - I'm enjoying the new body a whole lot more.

On the boob note, I really hope mine don't shrink any more! They haven't really shrunk a cup size yet (but then again, I'm notorious for wearing the wrong size) but they're still a good size for my body - I'm just hoping the rest of my weight comes off where it should - stomach/hips/thighs - that is where the majority of my extra fat is now!
rainbowstripe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2011, 11:54 PM   #27  
Corporette diet

S/C/G: 135 / 103-106 / maintenance

Height: 5'3.5"

It's funny but I suddenly miss my back fat pooch. It was there only 10 lbs ago! And my waist is shaped differently from 4 lbs ago!

It seems like when you don't have too much left to lose, you end up mourning a new changed part of your body every day... right now I can tell my kneecaps have changed and I'm hoping my neck/chin will be the next to slim down.
lackadaisy is offline   Reply With Quote