Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-13-2011, 11:42 AM   #1  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

Height: 5'7"

Default To weigh in or not to weigh in?

I'm just coming off a very very nasty stomach flu. It had me throwing up almost nonstop for 12 hours! and I have barely gotten any food down since besides some jello & a few bites of toast.

I am drinking tons of water though.

Anyways today is my normal weigh in day, and it says I lost 6.4lbs. lol

I am more then positive next week I will gain some of that back.

Do you think I should skip marking down my weight loss this week? Or Mark it down with a note about me being sick so I atleast have a record? And just try to suck it up and not worry about the gain next week because it is nothing bad & nothing I did wrong?
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:49 AM   #2  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

I would log it and make a note you were sick. That way you can look back and follow dehydration trends, along with trends in water retention due to sodium. Plus it will be interesting to see what happens next week.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 319/264/200

Height: 5' 6"

All I can say is what I would do and that is I would choose your following suggestion:

"Mark it down with a note about me being sick so I at least have a record? And just try to suck it up and not worry about the gain next week because it is nothing bad & nothing I did wrong?"

Makes sense to me.

Hope you are feeling better It has been years since I had the flu, maybe those flu shots that I hate actually work. I have been getting them every year.

Larry,
---------
It is more easy to be wise for others than for ourselves. ~François Duc de La Rochefoucauld

Last edited by Larry H; 02-13-2011 at 11:56 AM.
Larry H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 254/181/165

Height: 5'7.5"

You can mark it down the way it is now with the note or you can wait a few days and weigh in late. Either way will work fine. 6.4lbs man you must have been pretty sick! I hope you're feeling better!
niafabo is offline   Reply With Quote