Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 05:24 AM   #16  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

MORNIN' MORNIN' MORNIN'

I woke up before the alarm so thought I'd stop in and say G'Day! Looks like I have to shovel my way to the car again!

Have a GREAT Day .... Good Luck Sara!
Old 12-04-2002, 07:04 AM   #17  
I'm on my way!

Good morning you all! I have today off but need to make a field call to this girl at work who owes us money. She keeps hanging up on me so I think I will surprise her at work...nothing like a bill collector knocking on your desk! LOL Then I have to go to staples and pick up some stuff for the office and then home I come again to crack the books. I have 3 midterm exams in less than two weeks and I haven't opened a book yet! Yikes! Helpppp! I really need to catch up quickly!!

I will be back at some point!

TTFN Love you guys!

Michelle
Old 12-04-2002, 07:37 AM   #18  
You and Me in 2003

Angry

Good Wednesday morning my fellow chickies.

Hope all of you are good today.
Work is hectic since the head librarian left but I am managing. We have several programs this week. Tomorrow we have a Magdrial feast and on Friday we have an all Library staff meeting and the christmas parade with a big Library open house afterwards. The senior choir from the Baptist church will be there to sing carols.
But I'll handle it.
Better run back later
Old 12-04-2002, 08:10 AM   #19  

Now add to my list of "challenges"...SNOW!!!!

Mary, what is the Magdrial feast ?

I did get a space heater yesterday at Wal-Mart and it worked great in my bedroom.....nice and warm.

It's difficult to go to work when it's so negative there.

I will attempt a catch up tonight on the posts after I get home from seeing Dad.

Good to see you Bobsgal.... Welcome Forgiven.
Old 12-04-2002, 08:15 AM   #20  
Progress..not perfection

Hey sweeties! How is everyone this morning? I'm gonna hop on here real quick while I'm at work. "The Boss" says that she doesn't want us on the internet after 11:00am anymore, so since I've hopped on first, I have to be off of here by 9:15, so my co-worker will get a chance to use it. First things first:

Lucky: I am feeling so much for you this morning. Here is you a hug. {{{{hug}}}} I have said and will continue to say a prayer for your dad. Pneumonia is a hard thing. My grandpa has it right now and it's very scary.....he's 84 years old. Also, {sending Lucky a warm blanket and a hot cup of chocolate} to keep your warm till the heating and air guy gets there. I'm sorry about getting your hours cut back. Since I have another source of income, (dh) if my hours were cut back it wouldn't be as hard, but with it being your only source......I'm really sorry. If there's anything I can do, let me know. I have included a little early Christmas present down below for you. Love you sweetie.

Sara: I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you today! 100 lbs! That is such a milestone. You are an inspiration to us all.

J-ann: Send me some of that snow. We hardly ever get any snow here in Tennessee and it is so lovely when we do!

Michelle: I hope I don't ever owe you any money! Just kidding hun, go out there and kick some butt. How dare her hang up on you?

Mary: Sounds like you've got a big week ahead of you......keep your head up and keep going. I think we're all running around in circles this week.

Ducky: I'm sorry you've had such a crappy time with you landlord. I would be so mad right now if I were you. I do think your doing the smart thing though. I mean, I know that you could fight......but I'm not sure it would be worth all your time and the hassle. Maybe it's just best to get out now and move on. to you for taking the washer and dryer with you! That's the least you deserve.

Baylee: I am so proud of you right now! I'm so glad your feeling strong.......and it's catching! I'm not quite ready to do the one and two mile on the same day, but I do alternate them. Keep up the good work!

thin: Your absolutely right. It did feel good to go to my meeting and face my fears. You always inspire me because it seems like you always go, good or bad and I really admire you for that. Also, thanks for the helpful tips! Keep em coming......

Kat: Yes girl, I will take your hand and we will do this together. I noticed we posted the same time yesterday morning....seems like we are almost always on the same wave length.

2cute: Thanks again for all your inspirations the other day. Hope your feeling better. Don't get mired down in things.....I know it's hard, believe me I do. Just try to realize that you need to take care of YOU sometimes. {{hugs}}

Well, I'm gonna hop off here for now. Hello to all my other friends. I hope you all have a wonderful day!

For Lucky.......

Last edited by QueenB; 12-04-2002 at 09:05 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 09:07 AM   #21  

Hello Ladies,

I have had a hectic Thanksgiving and I got sick this weekend so I have been lurking, but doing no posting. I am glad everyone is well. I lost 2 pounds this week I am happy about that. Still have along way to go though. We are busy here at work so take care everyone. I will post again soon.

Tonya
244/230/150
Old 12-04-2002, 09:13 AM   #22  
Michigan Old-Timer

Morning, ladies! Got up early this morning and put color on my hair. Needed a 'dye job' soooooo bad. I figured I would do it early and then sit with you all for a spell.

I worked my butt off yesterday. I had 10 stops to make and I did all but 2. Not too shabby. The only thing I didn't account for was the fact that when I do all those jobs, they all come with paperwork! Ugh! So now I'm trying to get that done so I can go out and do a bunch more today. Vicious circle.

Food was absolutely horrible for me yesterday. I ate everything in sight and then some stuff I had hidden. Did you know that Cella's chocolate covered cherries are only 1 WW point each???? Well I do. The only problem is, when you eat them by the boxful, or two, it adds up!!!! There was just no stopping me yesterday. Today has got to be better!

Here is installment #4 from the Family Circle article: (maybe I should have read this BEFORE yesterday)
Don't let stress get the better of you. Giving yourself a chance to relax will decrease the likelihood that you'll eat as a way of coping with the crunch of the holiday season. It will also reduce levels of the stress hormones cortisol and epinephrine in your bloodstream, which can cause you to eat more and your body to store more fat. Pamela Peeke, M.D., M.P.H., assistant clinical professor of medicine at the University of Maryland School of Medicine in Baltimore and author of Fight Fat After Forty (Penguin USA), says when you're wound up, your body gives into a fight-or-flight response, which causes hormones to surge. As a result, your body thinks it has to replenish its fat stores for the next bout of stress. "If you want to stay slim," says Dr. Peeke, "you have to figure out what helps you relax and then do it whenever you're feeling stressed out."

Sara: Can't wait to get the card. I haven't sent mine out yet, but I did go and get reprints of the family picture done. Cards might get worked on later in the week.

Baylee: How funny. I'm glad you told me what 'crudites' are because I still didn't know, even though I typed it.

Duckie: 2 pounds! WooHoo! * I'm glad you got into your new house. Too bad it's been so much hassle. You seem to have a brighter outlook now that you're looking forward to decorating, etc. Good luck with it all.

J-ann: Thanks for the vote of confidence on the snowblowing/exercise thing. I would hate for it to not count for something!

Mary: Looking forward to your card too. The pic on the family site is the same pic as you had posted before, but with your DH cut out. Is that a sign????? The glamour shot was really nice. What was the occasion? * Your week sounds HUGELY busy. Make sure you take a minute now and then to catch your breath.

Tina: Your attitude is wonderful! We will get this thing done. * Your new pic in front of the tree is great! I know you sent that guy for Lucky, but DANG! I'll take advantage of the eye candy too!

LuckyLadyBug: Oh my gosh! I guess when it rains, it pours. You pour thing. I hope everything turns out better for you in the near future. [[[hugs]]]

Michelle: Honey, you sound sooooo busy. Please take care of yourself. I hope the girl is cooperative. YIKES! I wouldn't want you hounding me at work. But I guess if that's what you gotta do, that's what you gotta do.

Well, girls, gotta run and get this color off my hair while I still have hair. See you all later.

Last edited by thinthinker; 12-04-2002 at 09:18 AM.
Old 12-04-2002, 12:20 PM   #23  

Talking Howdy Party-goers!

Without any further ado...

I lost 5 POUNDS this week for a total of 101 POUNDS LOST!

That makes me 169 pounds currently, down from my high of 270 pounds! TOM was just leaving in time for weigh-in Wednesday and he ALWAYS takes a few pounds with him as he's booted out the door! Five pounds is SO exciting for me though because it's been ages since I lost that much in one week! For more YIPEE-YAHOOing, check out my online journal that I always update on weigh-in day!

Thin: Hope your hair turned out nice! Sounds like you've been super busy lately? Are you especially crazy because of Christmas?

Tontoy: Congrats on the 2 pound loss! That great considering Thanksgiving! I didn't have to worry about that because I'm Canadian and we have our Thanksgiving in October!

Tina: Hope your day went well! I say "Boo!" to no internet after 11:00am! Sending out healing vibes to your grandpa!

Lucky: Yeesh! I feel for you right now! Here are some healing vibes to your father too! How ANNOYING that your work says you should thing of less hours and $ as a challenge! Grrr... I've got my fingers crossed that you find something else!

J-Ann... Thanks for all the encouragement! Your support means a lot to me! I am SO with you on the FROZEN NORTH stuff. I think I'm gonna pop out and buy myself a winter jacket this afternoon! I've been putting it off so that I could get one the would actually fit me for the couple coldest months of the winter!

Mary... Good luck with all the busyness at the library without a head librarian! I'm excited to get your card!

Michelle... Ohhh! I feel for you! Midterms... bah! I'm starting to get my stuff together to apply for grad school (next fall's class has to apply THIS fall) and I'm not looking forward to the situation you're facing right now!

Duckie... Hmmm. I sent your card to you old address. It should be there in a week or so I'm guessing. Are you having your mail forwarded? If not... I can always send another!

Baylee... Good job on all the exercising! Hope your hip doesn't act up! Just for the record, I had no idea what "crudites" were either!

Hi to all my other chickies... Kat, Steph, 2Cute, and anybody else I'm missing! Gotta scoot!

Sara
270/169/150
Old 12-04-2002, 01:08 PM   #24  
Dancing those pounds away

Just peeking in to see if Sara made her 100 pounds !!!!! today.... I see she did !!!!!

IT's PARTY TIME !!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS SARA !!!!

Everybody grab hold and let's CONGO !!!!!

Last edited by 2cute2Bfat; 12-04-2002 at 01:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2002, 01:51 PM   #25  

Congrat's Sara, you just boggle my mind, I still don't know how you stay so motivated, you must eat like a bird. Way to go.

My address will stay the same, it's a box number so it goes to the post office, small town, the mail doesn't get delivered to the houses, you pick it up at the post office. Can't wait to receive all the cards. I'll be sending mine out probably next week.

After a couple of weeks of really nice spring like weather, winter has hit, and has hit hard, it's freezing here, and just in time for my move, aren't we just lucky.
Old 12-04-2002, 02:01 PM   #26  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

WAY TO GO SARA!!!!!!!!!

I knew you could do it. I'm SOOOOOO Happy for you. What a goal to meet. God, I don't know what to say except that I'm grinning ear to ear in celebration of your SUCCESS.

!!!!!!LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!!

"HEY ..... Hold that conga line for me too!"

Old 12-04-2002, 02:35 PM   #27  

Sarah I am so happy for you.

I will get there, it is just going to take some time! You are truly an inspiration to me. You give me the courage to keep moving along.

Thank You!
Old 12-04-2002, 05:23 PM   #28  
Progress..not perfection

Talking Congratulations Sara!!!

Way to go Sara!!!!

All Hail Sara!!! We're not worthy!

You are an inspiration to us all! Great Job!
Old 12-04-2002, 06:22 PM   #29  
You and Me in 2003

Lucky a Madrigal feast is a midevil musical of sorts look it up on the internet.
Tina I like that too.
Thin. I just cut DH off so it would be just me. NO I'm planning on keeping him around.
Old 12-04-2002, 06:34 PM   #30  

Sara,

I read your journal. Amazing! Congratulations!!! I get that you had a light bulb moment and all that, but what are you eating? Are you following a plan?

Thanks,
Cathy
Closed Thread