Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #1  

Height: 5'2"

Default Great! Back to square one againe, GRRRR! (Long)

Hi Everyone -

Last Jan I had joined WW and was doing great. I lost a total of 27 pounds and was more than half way to my goal weight. I was soooo proud of myself. Plus I was feeling physically wonderful.

Then in June, the lens in my left eye detached spontaneously and within days I was having surgery to have the lens removed and a new lens (implant) put in.

After nine weeks I still wasn't seeing right, even though the surgeon kept insisting "I don't know why...everything looks perfectly normal to me!"

All during this time, I was unable to read, watch tv, drive, fill out a check, really anything that involved focusing. I was also unable to work out (told not to jar anything during healing). After the last "I don't know why" speech, I decided to get a second opinion.

As a side note: I am totally blind in my other eye since birth so this is my "good eye"!

After some research I decided to see the best, a doctor in another state some 6.5 hours from our house. Made an appointment in September.

Was told by this doctor that not only was the implant wrong, but the other surgeon had actually torn a hole in my iris. This was part of the reason I was seeing double of everything and was so light sensitive.

Well it was determined he would remove the implant and put in a new one and also attempt to sew up the tear. I couldn't have the surgery until this past December.

On December 9 I had the second surgery with the new doctor. All during this time, I was extremely depressed. I felt so useless. I couldn't cook, or drive, pay bills (I couldn't read a statement, fill out a check or see the computer screen), or even go for a walk because of my balance.

Today, Feb 1, I am happy to say that my eye is starting to do better. Won't know until March if it can improved enough with glasses so I can drive, but I can read larger print.

I plan on re-joining WW as soon as I can A) See the computer well enough without straining my eye or B) Can drive myself to meetings!

I've been really down because I have gained all the weight I lost back . I could really use a pat on the back to get me motivated again.

Marie
tiniree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:36 PM   #2  
Amanda Swan

S/C/G: 231/220/160

Height: 5'6

Just the fact that you took the time to post this shows you are willing to make the effort. You were on a amazing track until circumstances out of your control prevented you from progressing. Im sure you will do just as well as before, if not better.

Keep going Tiniree, you seem like an amazing person. and good luck!
amandaswan89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 05:48 PM   #3  
Getting Better Every Day!

Location: Ireland - The green green grass and the grey grey skies

Height: 5ft 11"

Marie, You've had a tough time of it. havent you?
Where there's will there's a way. Starting is the hardest part so just start off trying really hard. I dont think you really need WW if your will is good enough. the forum is always here in times of need. I really hope you managed to lose the weight again becuase you deserve it
ih8diets is offline   Reply With Quote