Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

Default Stress eating

I've been off plan for about 2 weeks now. I'm not proud of it, I've tried to "get back on" but it's just not happening. For a while I wasn't eating at all (stress causes me to not eat) then I started eating foods that weren't part of my plan but still paying attention to portions, and then today I want to eat everything in sight. So far I've had a cheddarwurst (no bun), a salad with italian dressing, a tbsp of peanut butter, a girl scout cookie, two bunless turkey burgers with mozzarella/mayo/mustard/jalapenos, a few drinks of milk, two pieces of sugar-free gum, a glass of diet snapple lemonade and a few bites of potato salad and I just woke up 4 hours ago. I have a tri-tip salad planned for dinner but I don't know if I can wait that long because I'm not physically hungry. I'm just upset and want to fill the void with Thin Mints (which I'm about 2 seconds away from doing).
I'm still very focused on losing weight, and I know that I'm completely capable of it. I REFUSE to slip back into old habits and gain the weight back. I'm just not being rational right now.

I also know that this is probably mostly due to me eating high carb foods after being on Atkins for 6-7 months. I know once I go back to low carb eating and quit having sugar (the girl scout cookie mentioned above) the cravings will stop. I know all of these things, so what is stopping me?

What do you do to stop this behavior? Someone yell at me or something, LOL!

Last edited by Linsy; 05-27-2011 at 03:27 PM.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 05:47 PM   #2  
Enjoying la bella vita

S/C/G: 28 pounds to go

Height: 5-4

Can you get out of the house? Get away, go browsing in a bookstore, walk in a park if the temps/weather are bearable ... if you can't really get out, call a friend to come over ... tackle a project that you've been putting off for a long time - organize that bureau/closet, bathroom cabinet, anything to get away from the kitchen and food.

Good luck!
nationalparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 169/158/135

Height: 5'3

So know what you are going through! I have the same problem. Work is so stressful that when I get home and all I want to do is eat eat eat till I fall asleep.
33flowers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 175/168.8/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi Linsy, I tend to have this problem as well. I find myself eating for no reason; I'm not hungry, but I can't stop. I find I often do this when my fiance is not home so now when I feel the urge coming, I grab the dog and go out for a walk. I find that if I am out of the house and away from the temptation, I am fine. Plus, when I get home, I don't want to "ruin" the good work I did with the walk by binging. Whatever happens, don't beat yourself up about it. We are human and we all go off plan every once in a while. You will be able to get back on track, just keep your head up!
Hot4Teacher23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 11:40 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 280/ticker/10

Height: 5'2

I took a long shower and pampered myself for a couple of hours but ended up giving in and eating later. Oh well. Today is another day. I have 20 hours of traveling ahead of me but I'm going to do the best I can to be on-plan while eating at airports all day.
Linsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2011, 12:46 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/175.6/145

Height: 5'7"

Get rid of the devil-in-the-shape-of-a-cookie thin mints! I wanted to hurt the Girl Scout in front of the local Wal-mart. I love thin mints. I swear they put their cutest little girls with the puppy dog eyes in front of the store to try and sell them. NO!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!! to the flipping box of complete sugar -ab sticking- hip fattening - butt jiggling - cookies! Blah!
LTs girl is offline   Reply With Quote