Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #1  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up So I haven't posted here in forever....

because I've been feeling like I don't deserve to. But I saw this post by Meg in another thread and thought it was time.

"Silver, I get emotionally attached to some of our long term members too and it breaks my heart when people just disappear. Especially when I can check their stats and see that they're logging on and reading, but not posting. So I try to reach out to let them know that it's OK if they've had a regain, that no one here would ever look down on them for it, and that we would welcome them back with open arms.

Of course, people leave for different reasons and not everyone responds to me, but of those who do, I'd say that weight regain is the #1 reason that people stop posting. In reality, it's the #1 reason why people should keep posting."

Back in the summer of 2009 I was down to 159 with the help of Weight Watchers, then I stopped going and of course the pounds crept back on. Actually there was not much creeping involved, it was more of a full court press. Last week I re-joined WW - 4 lbs heavier than my original start weight. Weighed in today - down 4.8 lbs. That feels good!

So I'm back. I'm not much of a poster - never was - but I'm going to try chiming in a bit more often.

Thanks Meg, and all the 3FC chickies, for all you do
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:43 PM   #2  
Meg

Fressca, you have made my day (week! year!) I'm so happy that you're back and hope you'll stick around, even if you don't post a lot. Do you think a Regainers thread (like we were talking about) would be beneficial to you?
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 12:46 PM   #3  
This is the Last Time!!!

S/C/G: HW283/GW170

Height: 5'5"

How 'bout a Strugglers thread?
HadEnough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #4  
Changing behaviours

Height: 5'7"

I like both these ideas. A "Strugglers" thread may have helped when I fell off the wagon and quit going to WW, and a "Regainers" thread could have helped me get back to 3FC more quickly.

Glad to make your day/week/year, Meg!

Last edited by Fressca; 01-20-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Fressca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 02:38 PM   #5  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Glad you are back- there are so many times I've wanted to throw in the towel, and sometimes I get upset cuz I've been here over 2 years and am only about 40 lbs down, but I feel I'd rather stick around and stay at the same weight than leave and gain.

You got those pounds off before you definitly can do it again!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote