3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Whats your favorite workout song? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/222957-whats-your-favorite-workout-song.html)

Tiffany lynn 01-19-2011 01:59 PM

Whats your favorite workout song?

I would really love to get an idea for some good motivational songs I'm sure other would to! I listen to about anything thanks! =)

Hopeful8 01-19-2011 02:15 PM

For working out I listen to a mash of different types of music. I usually just throw on AOL Radio on my iphone and there's a station called "Workout Music". For my abs though I always start it off with Britney Spears- Circus and I end it with Rock Mafia- Big Bang. The 2nd song is so so so good for a really slow ab workout.

OhMyDogs 01-19-2011 02:18 PM

One song I listen to every time i work out (which, for now is just walking) is "Firework" by Katy Perry...it's kinda my theme song.
Another one I like is "If I had you" by Adam Lambert cause it has that "kick butt" rhythm.

Tiffany lynn 01-19-2011 02:23 PM

Thanks a bunch u guys! Those will be great and I've been trying to figure out who sung tht new some firework!

MindiV 01-19-2011 02:26 PM

"Switch" by Will Smith is good for a mid-workout kick in the pants. I'm nearly ashamed to admit this...but I recently put "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer on my iPod....

gagalu 01-19-2011 02:39 PM

oh god, that's touuuugh. i'm the type to listen to angry songs while i work out bc i'm really passive aggressive lmao

nine inch nails is great for angry workouts

gagalu 01-19-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindiV (Post 3663014)
"Switch" by Will Smith is good for a mid-workout kick in the pants. I'm nearly ashamed to admit this...but I recently put "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer on my iPod....

LOOOOL

no shame in that

that's basically the best work out song ever rofl

fillupthesky 01-19-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagalu (Post 3663039)
oh god, that's touuuugh. i'm the type to listen to angry songs while i work out bc i'm really passive aggressive lmao

nine inch nails is great for angry workouts

i prefer amgry music, or rock music in general- metallica, soundgarden, NIN, smashing pumpkins, etc. lots of 90's rocks with some metal mixed in.

i also like no doubt- its fast paced, fun to sing along to, and peppy.

other stuff i like to work out to is house music and drum and bass, if i kind of want to have some fast paced music "in the backgorund" rather than stuff i want to sort of sing along to. i know, i like to sing along when i'm working out. not that i can actually sing cause i'm so out of breath, but i try.

anyway, i choose based on how i'm feeling that day.

Petite Powerhouse 01-19-2011 02:50 PM

My top, outdated faves because they just make me feel like kicking butt and taking names:

Many of the songs from the "Rocky" soundtracks
The theme song to "Superman"

sweetnlow28 01-19-2011 02:52 PM

"I've got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas is a good one. I like how it has a slower verse and a fast pumping chorus. I find songs like that are good for HIT workouts. I would love to find more songs that follow that pattern.

j0lamo01 01-19-2011 03:00 PM

I like slow music for working out even when I am doing fast cardio because I think it calms me down. Try it. It works! I listen to TLC a lot.

Petite Powerhouse 01-19-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0lamo01 (Post 3663085)
I like slow music for working out even when I am doing fast cardio because I think it calms me down. Try it. It works! I listen to TLC a lot.

I do this, too, though for me it's Frank Sinatra. :)

Horo 01-19-2011 03:27 PM

I can't really name a favorite workout song, but my favorite music genre for working out is power metal. I just have to make sure I only listen to it during my cardio workouts and not strength training, though. =p

moonkissed 01-19-2011 03:31 PM

Oh yes I love "I've got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas & Firework too. My favs!

But my ultimate song is fighter by christina aguilera!

Quote:

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

it always gets me to push alittle harder!

dcapulet 01-19-2011 03:39 PM

1901 by Phoenix
Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap
Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
Hey Ladies / Remote Control / Sure Shot by Beastie Boys
Payback / Sex Machine by James Brown
Super Freak by Rick James (I don't like Hammer, but I love the beat so I went to the source)