3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Whats your favorite workout song? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/222957-whats-your-favorite-workout-song.html)

Tiffany lynn 01-19-2011 01:59 PM

Whats your favorite workout song?

I would really love to get an idea for some good motivational songs I'm sure other would to! I listen to about anything thanks! =)

Hopeful8 01-19-2011 02:15 PM

For working out I listen to a mash of different types of music. I usually just throw on AOL Radio on my iphone and there's a station called "Workout Music". For my abs though I always start it off with Britney Spears- Circus and I end it with Rock Mafia- Big Bang. The 2nd song is so so so good for a really slow ab workout.

OhMyDogs 01-19-2011 02:18 PM

One song I listen to every time i work out (which, for now is just walking) is "Firework" by Katy Perry...it's kinda my theme song.
Another one I like is "If I had you" by Adam Lambert cause it has that "kick butt" rhythm.

Tiffany lynn 01-19-2011 02:23 PM

Thanks a bunch u guys! Those will be great and I've been trying to figure out who sung tht new some firework!

MindiV 01-19-2011 02:26 PM

"Switch" by Will Smith is good for a mid-workout kick in the pants. I'm nearly ashamed to admit this...but I recently put "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer on my iPod....

gagalu 01-19-2011 02:39 PM

oh god, that's touuuugh. i'm the type to listen to angry songs while i work out bc i'm really passive aggressive lmao

nine inch nails is great for angry workouts

gagalu 01-19-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MindiV (Post 3663014)
"Switch" by Will Smith is good for a mid-workout kick in the pants. I'm nearly ashamed to admit this...but I recently put "U Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer on my iPod....

LOOOOL

no shame in that

that's basically the best work out song ever rofl

fillupthesky 01-19-2011 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gagalu (Post 3663039)
oh god, that's touuuugh. i'm the type to listen to angry songs while i work out bc i'm really passive aggressive lmao

nine inch nails is great for angry workouts

i prefer amgry music, or rock music in general- metallica, soundgarden, NIN, smashing pumpkins, etc. lots of 90's rocks with some metal mixed in.

i also like no doubt- its fast paced, fun to sing along to, and peppy.

other stuff i like to work out to is house music and drum and bass, if i kind of want to have some fast paced music "in the backgorund" rather than stuff i want to sort of sing along to. i know, i like to sing along when i'm working out. not that i can actually sing cause i'm so out of breath, but i try.

anyway, i choose based on how i'm feeling that day.

Petite Powerhouse 01-19-2011 02:50 PM

My top, outdated faves because they just make me feel like kicking butt and taking names:

Many of the songs from the "Rocky" soundtracks
The theme song to "Superman"

sweetnlow28 01-19-2011 02:52 PM

"I've got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas is a good one. I like how it has a slower verse and a fast pumping chorus. I find songs like that are good for HIT workouts. I would love to find more songs that follow that pattern.

j0lamo01 01-19-2011 03:00 PM

I like slow music for working out even when I am doing fast cardio because I think it calms me down. Try it. It works! I listen to TLC a lot.

Petite Powerhouse 01-19-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j0lamo01 (Post 3663085)
I like slow music for working out even when I am doing fast cardio because I think it calms me down. Try it. It works! I listen to TLC a lot.

I do this, too, though for me it's Frank Sinatra. :)

Horo 01-19-2011 03:27 PM

I can't really name a favorite workout song, but my favorite music genre for working out is power metal. I just have to make sure I only listen to it during my cardio workouts and not strength training, though. =p

moonkissed 01-19-2011 03:31 PM

Oh yes I love "I've got a feeling" by Black Eyed Peas & Firework too. My favs!

But my ultimate song is fighter by christina aguilera!

Quote:

'Cause it makes me that much stronger
Makes me work a little bit harder
It makes me that much wiser
So thanks for making me a fighter
Made me learn a little bit faster
Made my skin a little bit thicker
Makes me that much smarter
So thanks for making me a fighter

it always gets me to push alittle harder!

dcapulet 01-19-2011 03:39 PM

1901 by Phoenix
Sweet Disposition by Temper Trap
Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
Hey Ladies / Remote Control / Sure Shot by Beastie Boys
Payback / Sex Machine by James Brown
Super Freak by Rick James (I don't like Hammer, but I love the beat so I went to the source)

Jonesie 01-19-2011 04:02 PM

Insane in the Brain. When I hear "Who you tryin to get crazy with Ese? Dont you know Im loco?" Im like BALLS YEAH IM LOCO. lol.

My 2nd fave would be Teenage Electric - Circle Jerks.

milmin2043 01-19-2011 04:09 PM

American Idiot by Green Day.

I like the same type of stuff that fillupthesky mentioned previously.

stacygee 01-19-2011 04:36 PM

I love these threads when they come up every so often... I live and exercise by my IPOD and I am going to be downloading the suggestions to liven up my playlist... here are some of my favs:

Adam Lambert - No Boundaries (words totally motivate me for weight loss)
Ke$ha - Your love is my drug
Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone and I'm free (makes me feel like dancing)
Miley Cyrus - Can't Be tamed and the climb (motivator!!)
Shania Twain - Whose Bed Have Your Boots been under and Any Man of Mine
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
Queen - We Will Rock You
Animotion - Obsession

CherryPie99 01-19-2011 06:44 PM

I like a variety of music. So what works for me is to have a variety of music and then I get a variety of moods while working out.

For example, I just did 45 minutes on the treadmill. 4 songs - in order - were

Evanescence - Bring me to Life
Glee cast - Defying Gravity
Godsmack - Voodoo
Katy Perry - Waking up in Vegas

Defying Gravity is an incredibly inspirational song for me. I have the words "Defy Gravity" tattooed on my left foot surrounded by musical notes that go across my foot and wrap around my ankle. So that kept me going thinking about my long term goals.

Voodoo comes on - that makes me feel intense and gritty for a lack of a better word.

Katy Perry? Well that's just fun and bouncy and makes me feel like dancing so I'm doing arm movements and acting like a nut.

The variety keeps it interesting for me.

Kahokkuri 01-19-2011 07:55 PM

I usually listen to songs with attitude or empowering lyrics, regardless of the speed. Recently,
"Drive" - Client
"Ridin' Solo" - Jason Derulo
"Piece of Me" - Britney Spears
"Misery (Bimbo Jones Radio Edit)" - Maroon 5
"Attack It!" - Arashi
"Push the Envelope" - The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
"Ways and Means" - Snow Patrol

I also listen to a fair amount of techno/trance because the buildup of the music works well when doing interval training.

seabiscuit 01-19-2011 08:25 PM

Great thread :)

I also love I Gotta Feeling, Misery, Fighter, Evanescence, Katy Perry and Will Smith.

How about Bon Jovi, John Mellencamp, Gwen Stefani, Chad Kroeger or Nickelback?

Some fun songs- Now That We Found Love (Heavy D and the Boyz), Bustamove (Young MC), Fire Burning (Sean Kingston), Dynamite & Break Your Heart (Taio Cruz), Crazy (Gnarls Barkley)

Have fun working out!

stacygee 01-19-2011 09:48 PM

I can't wait to workout toorrow as this thread led me to add some new songs... here they are:

Black eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling, Rock That Body, Meet Me Halfway
Fighter - Christina Aguilera
U Can't Touch This - MC
If I Had You - Adam Lambert
Britney- Circus, Hold It Against Me
Ke$ha - we R Who We R

FreeBird3 01-19-2011 09:55 PM

80s music - old school Madonna, MJ...amongst many other 80s band :D

I wish I was a teenager in the 80s instead of just a kid. That was the BEST decade ever! Time Machine? Forget Marty McFly going back to the 50s...I would go straight to the 80s and then press the rewind button after 1989 was over.

krampus 01-19-2011 10:02 PM

I like a lot of club-type music: electro, house, drum and bass. I tend to go for long mixes that last my entire run, as you don't have those tense few seconds of silence between tracks.

You can download this guy's mixes for free. My favorite is the "History of Italo Disco Vol. 5" - just the right speed for a comfortable yet inspired jog. There are dozens upon dozens on the site:

http://www.fabricepotec.com/index2.php?p=megamix

coffeebean267 01-19-2011 10:02 PM

my new favorite is "This is the New Year" by Ian Axel (the theme song to the MTV show I Used to Be Fat)

Streudel 01-19-2011 10:59 PM

I love to listen to classic rock/heavy metal when I walk/run.

AC/DC- Highway to ****
U2- Sunday Bloody Sunday
Ronnie James Dio- Last in Line
Led Zeppelin- Immigrant Song
Megadeth- Angry Again
Deep Purple- Stormbringer

oodlesofnoodles 01-19-2011 11:12 PM

F*** You by Cee Lo is a fun one to work out to as well, haha.

CosmicGal 01-19-2011 11:13 PM

For me it is kind of a toss up. I have two play lists. I have one that is nothing but 80's hair metal. For some reason when I am working out and "We're not going to take it' or "Cum on feel the Noise" starts blasting I tend to get a boost of energy.

I also have a playlist of Japanese Rock that Is a lot of fun. Most again 89's and 90's bands but very peppy and keeps your moving.

Celandine 01-20-2011 02:45 AM

I love listening to La Roux when I work out, her song "Bulletproof" is my anthem :P Actually, any dance-heavy pop is on my workout playlist (e.g. Britney Spears, Lady Gaga, No Doubt, Black-eyed Peas, etc).

I tend to pick hi-tempo music, because apparently it makes you exercise more and harder. I can't link it (not enough posts), but there's an article on the NYTimes blog about it called "Phys Ed: Does Music Make You Exercise Harder?" if you want to check it out.