Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-09-2010, 11:34 PM   #1  
I CAN do this!

S/C/G: 230/179/160

Height: 5'4.5

Default flash backs from my past, teaching moment

i made this other thread about my family needing to gain, while i'm losing weight. they are fine, we're just concerned is all. just a few lbs. so this past week i've been feeding the kids more often. snacks-pb, dried fruit, nuts. calorie dense food, that i try to stay away from or limit.

so anyway i was thinking recently how much i feel like i'm back in my post baby body. really just a few more pounds to lose. if i had only known what i know now! so anyway i appreciate my body so much more on the way down.
now tonight combine those thoughts of gosh this is hard! everytime they have a snack, i want one too! 'hand smacks forehead' of course. this is what happened when they were toddlers. well part of it. so! now i have a plan.

earlier today i posted about getting for ex, nuts and cheese i don't like. so i'm going to do that. and think about, look thru a few cookbooks about other ideas. including getting a crock pot asap. part of my success is from staying OUT of the kitchen.

i was just talking today about our past mistakes teach us so much. so i guess it was my turn lol. if i can't find a way to make this work. i'll have to just maintain for awhile, but i think i can do it.
katy trail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:37 AM   #2  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

Katy: figuring out the problems is part of the solution! And you are figuring out solutions after identifying the problems. That is real progress. Whether you keep losing of just maintain for a while, its fine. I have no plans to lose over the holidays, will settle for staying on plan period and Planning when I won't stay on plan. (I will have a yummy dessert with Chistmas dinner for instance)
Good for you.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:41 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

I don't know how old your kids are, but I've read this suggestion before, and it might help you. Get an ice-tray, each cube holds about one ounce. You can fill that puppy once and they can graze on it, and you don't have to make 12 visits to the kitchen. Plus they can have a variety of stuff, veggies, nuts, goldfish crackers, whatever can sit out. . .

Good luck!
goodforme is offline   Reply With Quote