Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 12-05-2010, 11:44 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Red face Back into the 170s, bleh.

I was at an annoying plataeu, so after upping my food intake, lowering it, upping exercise, lowering it, and trying new exercises (perhaps a bit impatiently I admit) I decided to take a week off. I can't decide if it was a mistake or not. I thought I'd gain 5-6lb, I gained about 7 (I could actually be wrong- I stopped weighing myself every day for this entire week, too, so I'll have to weigh tomorrow and the next day to get a more accurate reading). Not really happy about that, but oh well. I could have controlled myself better, but I didn't, and it definitely could have been worse. I just feel so blah, like I let myself down again. But on the flip side, I should (hopefully) start losing again once I get back to CC and exercise.

I ALMOST had pizza for breakfast when I decided, why not start CC again today? Before it's too late?

Sooo, here I am again, working towards 165.

I'm pretty hopeful that I'll shoot out of the 170s relatively fast. Here's hoping

Last edited by yhahmd; 12-05-2010 at 11:45 AM.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 12:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 201/198.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Welcome back to calorie counting - you'll have those pounds off in no time. I wonder how this will effect things for you - hopefully your plateau will not return. How long was it?
sept15lija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

Quote:
Originally Posted by sept15lija View Post
Welcome back to calorie counting - you'll have those pounds off in no time. I wonder how this will effect things for you - hopefully your plateau will not return. How long was it?
2 & 1/2 to 3 weeks. Not that long in reality, but too long for me, especially since I know how my body loses and it just wasn't doing it. I probably jumped the gun but oh well.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:46 PM   #4  
Hot Momma

S/C/G: 225/ticker/125

Height: 5 ft

Hey, I hope your plateau ends also. I"m still in the early stages and every couple weeks my weight will stall for 2/3 weeks. It's frustrating. But I keep at it, because I don't want to walk around forever with all this weight. Even if it takes me longer than intended, at least one day i KNOW i'll get there if i keep going. big hun.

guess i should take my own advice also. I've been calorie counting but I completely stopped exercising for the last week. :-(
ksmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by yhahmd View Post
I was at an annoying plataeu, so after upping my food intake, lowering it, upping exercise, lowering it, and trying new exercises (perhaps a bit impatiently I admit) I decided to take a week off. I can't decide if it was a mistake or not. I thought I'd gain 5-6lb, I gained about 7 (I could actually be wrong- I stopped weighing myself every day for this entire week, too, so I'll have to weigh tomorrow and the next day to get a more accurate reading).
Oh yes, upping calories and taking a week off will definitely break a plateau - just in the wrong direction; yikes

Weighing every day is a great way to stay accountable. No sticking your head in the sand, no isle of denial. I think it's a wonderful part of ones daily health minded routine.

Get back to your healthy eating plan. Count those healthy calories. Stick with it consistently, this way you don't have to deal with self-induced plateaus and you'll get off the excess pounds.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote