Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:16 PM   #16  
keep on keepin on

S/C/G: 239 highest 227//227/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
Hi. Let me tell you a little story. I hate doing this because I hate confession Mondays and I usually have nothing major to confess anyway, BUT Saturday and Sunday I probably consumed a total of 10000+ (yes, ten thousand) calories in sugar/chocolate brownies, candy, cookies and pure crap. Last night I felt TERRIBLE. I had the worst acid reflux. Something I have not had in over 2 years. My heart was beating a million miles per minute, I had one of the worst anxiety attacks I have ever had and had to sleep most of the night in a chair.

Today I have cried at least 3 times so far, I have felt like I could puke most of the day. I am dizzy shaky and bloated and have had the WORST smelling TMI stuff ever. NOpe, and it's not PMS. I totally feel like I could die right now. I have not felt this bad in years and to tell you the truth, I don't know why I did it...I just started and didn't stop until I was sick. Wow...I truly never thought I would do this to myself ever again. The only good thing about all of this is at least I didn't break down and drink and smoke along with the binge from ****. I probably would be dead if I would have gone "all the way." I hate myself today.
Holy Moly! Were you at my house this weekend? I could have written the same exact post. Word for word!
airbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:31 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

Just wanted to chime in and say that yes, eating bad (particularly processed, high sugar foods) screws with my mood for sure. I just feel that much calmer, less anxious, happier and even confident when I eat "clean." It's something I've definitely picked up on fairly recently, so it's interesting to see I'm not the only one. In addition getting back on plan, I find drinking a lot of water makes me feel better, almost like it flushes out all the bad. This may not necessarily be true, but it makes me feel better Also I think it's b/c if I eat a lot of processed foods, the sugar makes me crave more sugar, and the sodium makes me dehydrated, which tricks me into thinking that I'm hungry when really I'm only thirsty!
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:09 PM   #18  

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
There's nothing available here in my house except boxes of cookies, plain yogurt, potato chips and white bread. My DH + FIL are remodeling and I can't get into the kitchen (literally, I can't step onto the tiles for 48 hours). We have no fridge, no freezer, no stove. So sure enough, I have eaten this crap for 2 days now and I just feel... low. It's hard enough entertaining a 5 month old in a tiny confined space (living room with a freakin' oven in the way of the TV). I feel like I am CRASHING from this sugar. I feel sick from it.

He is an old man set in his ways and refuses to touch a veggie, and OH freaks if I try and buy/prepare something that isn't sugar because it's making a scene.

Urgh.
just having your house in that condition is bound to get to you no matter what you were eating.
cherrypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:33 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

I ate Halloween crap last weekend. It made me feel awful. Also - it made me want to keep eating more and it's a struggle to to eat healthy without thoughts of candy going through my head.

Yes...it effects my mood and sometimes it take a day of junk to remind me where I don't want to be.

Eating junky food does make me feel blue. I am realizing it more and more as time goes on.

Things like rice cakes, whole wheat bread, natural pnb (in small amounts), fruit, can keep while the renovation is going on. Take care of yourself the best you can.

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 11-02-2010 at 12:36 PM.
Beverlyjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 12:43 PM   #20  
it's always something

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrypie View Post
just having your house in that condition is bound to get to you no matter what you were eating.
I agree Major household changes, such as moving or renovations, are a top cause of stress. Add in the houseguest, new baby, and discomfort, and it's no wonder you don't feel well.

Hopefully it will be over very soon. In the meantime, get out of the house when you can. A change of environment should do a lot of good. Give the old man his sugar, and tell him not to worry because you aren't offering to share your veggies
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

Thanks everyone. I came up with a 100% perfect solution.

Got all four wisdom teeth removed this morning and will be living off juice & tomato soup for a while. It's 1:30pm and I haven't even been able to have that By the time my jaw is healed, I have my kitchen back
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 PM   #22  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

To answer your initial question YES. This is exactly why I eat absolutely no sugar. I causes all kinds of nasty things: binging, headaches, daihrrea, depression, more food cravings, bad moods etc.

Seriously, just a couple of days after going sugar free I felt like I was floating on clouds. I could run faster, work hard, and just felt cleaner in general. BEST DECISION EVER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacha View Post
Yes, I had him in June. I had PPD for the first 2-3 months or so which changed when his colic started getting better. You're right, eating well with some exercise does make a big difference. Sorry to hear you went through that - it's really **** on earth. It took me about 3.5-4 months to fall in love with my baby.
That's rough. DD was colicy and she's almost 2 and STILL doesn't sleep through the night. It's rough but she is a wonderful girl. I find that exercise helps to regulate my moods and I'm much more likely to eat better. I highly recommend putting your little boy in a sling/carrier and going for a walk (it also helps him to sleep!). Try and get a friend to show you how if you don't know already because it can sometimes be a bit tricky but the extra weight resistance can definitely get a good workout if you're walking quick enough. Once DD was 6 months (they don't recommend it earlier unless you have a special kind) we started going out in the jogging stroller. I wish I had kept it up better but we ran a lot this summer (snacks are key and switching routes often to keep her entertained) and I feel so much better about myself when I get a run in.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote