Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 140/136/125

Height: 5'6"

Unhappy Family Vacations D:

I'm the only one in my family who cares at all about what they eat. So I'm used to having no support in healthy eating, let alone weight loss efforts. Anyway, I can typically convince my mother to buy me somewhat healthy foods for home (as I am 15, and do not buy my own food) but when we go on vacations I have NO options.

This generally leads to me not eating at all, or being forced to eat what's around and feeling horrible. Horrible psychologically because I feel guilty for eating it and horrible physically because my body does not like junk foods. I get so frustrated because I would be completely willing to eat well, I just can't.

I'm completely at a loss and I dread going places with my family mainly for this reason. So, I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has even experienced a similar situation.

Thanks in advance! =)
kirara982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:41 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174→168.0→135

Height: 4'9''

I'm in a similar situation, though I'm older. What I do is plan, plan, plan. I still eat dinner with my family, I just eat less. Eat healthily when you can, just watch your calorie intake. I cut my portions in half and stopped eating pop tarts, ramen, cereal, cake, brownies and ice cream. I'm also going to start cutting out bread and see if that helps me at all.

Just try to talk your mom into buying healthier foods when and if you can, and if you have to eat something unhealthy, just eat less.
yhahmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 10:57 PM   #3  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

If you can, bring some healthy snacks along on the trip from home like dried fruits and nuts, granola, luna bars, healthy cereal, etc.

And just do your best to find some protein and the closest option to fresh fruits and veggies.
xty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 11:11 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 333/*ticker*/150

Height: 5'3"

Make the best food choices you can in that situation and watch portion sizes when you don't have the option to make a different, better for you choice. Try not to stress too much about the food and do the best you can. Enjoy your vacation!
Sunshine73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 12:20 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 140/136/125

Height: 5'6"

Thanks guys!

I think I'll try to come up with a list of things I could bring along next time.
kirara982 is offline   Reply With Quote