Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-07-2010, 01:43 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 280/265/140

Height: 5'6

Default The Funny Things They Say

I recently had to go shopping for some interview clothes as most of my clothes are clothes that I've had for years as I'm a student and shopping to replace a wardrobe isn't in the budget and shopping really has never been a hugely pleasant thing for me.

Well, I decided to bring my sister with me. I occasionally have the "oh my god I love that article of clothing" but in plus size clothes, it's few and far between. She, having never been above 145 in her entire life, has a style very similar to what I imagine mine will be when I fall within the normal weight range seeing as I ADORE all her clothes.

I told her the other day that she was going to have a problem when I was as skinny as she was because I was going to steal all her clothes.

Anyway, we were shopping and she was helping me find some clothes that would look good for an interview. We were at Kohls and having a really hard time of it. We were both really frustrated, and she stops, shirt hanging limply in her hands, and says "When we get home, you're getting on the treadmill."

Now, I could have taken that several ways. But I KNEW what she meant by it and I just couldn't stop laughing. It was in no way meant to be derogatory, rather, she never wanted to have such trouble finding clothes ever again and didn't want me to have to go through it either. For the first time in her life, I'm sure, she felt the very same frustration I feel EVERY time I go shopping for clothes. The fact that you have to find something that fits and once something fits, it doesn't come in 20x replicas of various sizes; it's pretty much a hit or miss if they have something you like or just the size in something you spotted.

So, has there been a comment you've had from someone who's never been above normal weight that you just couldn't stop laughing about? Whether it be a comment made out of complete ignorance or some realization they had about what you've gone through? I mean, I still crack up hearing her voice inside my head.
birdtostone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 03:13 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 225/205/140

Height: 5'4

that is awesome! we were on vacation and I had bought a new sweater and pair of pants a few years ago and had tried them on in my parents bedroom. My husband comes in and I say is this okay, (I was lighter then I am now) he said no it makes you look fat and I started laughing as did he and said WHAT he said noo I mean like the commercial when the guy is eating cereal or something and the wife comes out and she says does this make me look fat and they guy preoccupied says yes, so i dunno where on earth he got that from but we did have a good laugh and in any other stage of my life I would have been really heartbroken and depressed.
I have since gained 30 lbs and now need to lose it again.
Ashley777 is offline   Reply With Quote