Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-06-2010, 10:49 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Default I'm losing my grip!!!!

I am losing motivation! I haven't been to the gym in a week and a half! I have been eating anything and everything I can get my hands on!!!! The past 3 days I have been eating over 5,000 calories a day of nothing but fast food and snacks from 7-11!!!!

I haven't been so out of it so as not to HONESTLY log every bite and I have been faithfully wearing the body bugg - but it hasn't stopped my craziness!!! Maybe its PMS, who knows - I am due for that time of the month.... But that shouldn't be an excuse to completely close control of myself?!

Whats going on!?!?1
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 11:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

It sounds like you just need to stop and re-examine why you are doing this. Remind yourself of your goals, focus on them and regroup.

Try not to even GIVE yourself the option of getting fast food or junk. Think about the money you're spending on something that's just setting you back, the gas you waste getting there, and the garbage that's in the food. Seriously, it's not even real food!!

For me I needed to completely avoid ALL fast food and junk food for a while before I could safely go into one without getting 2 or 3 sandwiches and fries and a milk shake and then snacking on what was left of my kid's food.

If you have an mp3 player, go online and download some new workout music. I absolutely CANNOT work out without good music!

What are some of your goals? For me, a little one is that I want to be able to wear this awesome outfit I've already picked out in my mind. Riding boots (that I currently can't comfortably zip), skinny jeans and a nice sweater. Start listing some small things that you will confront every day, like the kind of clothes you want or, like for me, how uncomfortable it is for me to cross my legs. Every time you want to eat that junky stuff, go over that list of "the little things" that you want, and ask yourself if those few minutes of eating will help you get to them.

Last edited by Pint Sized Terror; 10-06-2010 at 11:55 AM.
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:22 PM   #3  
Oh, you stubborn Viking!

S/C/G: 342/SEE TICKER/192

Height: 5 ft 9 in

You have the ability to control what you put into your mouth. It's hard to resist some things, but it's not as if some unseen force is putting the candy bar in your mouth, moving your jaw up and down and making you swallow it. This is a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix. You have the ability to say no to the bad stuff and go to the gym. You just have to make yourself do it. I'm not saying it's easy, cause from personal experience I know it's one of the hardest thing I have ever done. But every time I have a craving for something I know I can't have, I drink a big glass of water and tell myself "nothing tastes as good as healthy feels". You just have to want to do it. Good luck!
LacieRene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:25 PM   #4  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

At what point did you begin to stumble? Was it a "free day"? A "cheat meal"? A bad day? What started the very first slip? What made you take that first bite that resulted in a land slide?
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:28 PM   #5  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori Bell View Post
At what point did you begin to stumble? Was it a "free day"? A "cheat meal"? A bad day? What started the very first slip? What made you take that first bite that resulted in a land slide?
it started with a paycheck. i had been soooo broke for a couple months that "lets get some breakfast" turned into a disaster!! It was a "yay we have money so no more of my crappy cooking today" so-called celebration... it only led to such embarrassment. i feel gross.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:42 PM   #6  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

No more of your crappy cooking? Sounds like you need to buy a cookbook and learn to cook things you will enjoy eating if you don't like what you are currently eating.
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:51 PM   #7  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I really feel for you . I've done this before. Do you know what happened? I gained back all of the weight I had worked so hard to lose. It's soooo much work and then we go and sabotage ourselves.

You say you've lost your motivation. That's ok. We all lose motivation. What we must try to do is to maintain our commitment....regardless of how we feel at the time because in the long run, it will be worth it.

So, recommit yourself today. Make a decision to start right now. You know what to do and what it takes. Force yourself back into that gym. Yes, you feel gross, but I am sure you will feel better when you walk out of that gym.

Drink lots of water and flush out all of that extra sodium that you ate.

I also agree with beerab.....why not find a way to cook things that you enjoy? Of course it won't taste like some foods, but I don't know about you....when I eat right and I'm on plan, I enjoy the food so much more than when I'm gorging on things that I know are bad for me.

How about spending your money on things that are rewards for all your hard work? Buy some expensive fruit that you normally wouldn't get. Or, maybe some nail polish or a fashion magazine that you'd find inspiring?

I think that sometimes, we feel out of control and we use food to try to establish control. For instance, you felt out of control (perhaps) when you felt that you didn't have enough money. So, you got the money and tried to be in control of the food by allowing yourself to eat whatever you wanted. Well, of course that's not control, but I think (for me anyway) there's a rebel child in us that wants what it wants and nobody can stop it!

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by saying all this ....it's just some of what I've discovered about myself and I hope that in sharing it with you, it will help you in some way. We're all so different, of course, so I hope you can find a way to get back on track. Hang in there! You can do this!!!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:54 PM   #8  

S/C/G: CW: 155 GW: 130

Height: 5'2"

COOKBOOKS!! I love cookbooks! My favorite one right now is The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook. The meatball recipe in there is known far and wide in my neighborhood, and even my sis in law copied the recipe and made it in bulk for her husband's firefighter friends. They loved it, and they're HEALTHY! (as far as meatballs go!) The food in there is spectacular!
Pint Sized Terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 02:56 PM   #9  
Just keep swimming...

S/C/G: 215/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Celebration Meals: No. Can. Do. I've finally learned i need to find ways to celebrate that don't have anything to do with food!
My Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:33 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

ha, you don't even really need a cookbook, there are tons of recipes online. I like sparkpeople's recipe database. I tend to eat when I'm happy or excited too, like you got your paycheck, instead of food think about getting some perfume or jewelry..something to pamper yourself and make you feel pretty. not food though!
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 05:55 AM   #11  

Thanks so much for the support guys. I did end up looking up recipes today and put myself 100% back on track.

I went to the gym and pounded out nearly 2 hours. Came home, took a long shower, did my nails, gave myself a facial and ate an orange. I felt soooo much better.

But then something else happened...DH asked if we could order from Papa Johns and when I said "No." He pushed a little more and I said "Well, I just went to the gym and I worked really hard..." He pushed more and I ALMOST caved! I said "Well, I guess if I only 1 piece of pizza..."

After me telling him about how hard I worked at the gym, not wanting to get pizza and then saying I would only have 1 piece he says "Its not even worth it to buy a whole pizza if you are only going to have 1 piece!" .... Well that set off some major alarms! He doesn't get what I'm doing here, or doesn't understand the HOWS behind it all... and looking back at every time I ate fast food - it was because he asked for it and I didn't want to say "no". I didn't want to say no for a couple reasons - first off, because I'm a food addict and I really DO want the food. Secondly, because HE wants it, I'm not good at saying no to him.

After that realization, it looks like he and I are going to have to sit down and discuss exactly how I am losing this weight and in what ways he can be supportive of that. One of them being to stop offering me food like that ts because my will power is so poor right now!

I cooked up some grilled shrimp instead, had a nice tall glass of green tea and watched this weeks Biggest Loser.

Its such a great point to remember that it isn't always about feeling motivated... just committed. I may not feel motivated to go to the gym or turn down the pizza, but as long as I just do it anyway, the motivation will eventually come back and I will continue onto my goal. I do not want to regain any weight and the only way to go from here is lighter - not heavier.

Thanks everyone!!! I don't know how I would be doing this without all of you!!

Last edited by GonnaTurnHeads; 10-07-2010 at 06:50 AM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:27 AM   #12  

Remember It Was A Strong Commited Person That Has Lost That 29lbs. There Is No Shame In Telling Your Other Half That He Is Somone That Should Be Your Biggest Cheerleader. Instead Of Being Po'd About You Not Eating Pizza, He Could Always Order From Somwhere That Has Somthing Great For Him And You. God, We Have Every Takeout Known To Man Nowadays To Order From. Aneyways, Chin Up And Enjoy Your Shrimp.
debidecor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #13  
Just Yr Everyday Chick

S/C/G: Lost 50 lbs, regained some

Height: 5'3"

Simple rule: No pizza in the house. He's a big boy, if he wants pizza he can go out for it. He doesn't need you along for this. It's like someone who wants a "drinking buddy" to participate with them... You can't do that right now. In fact, you may never be able to go back to that lifestyle! He needs to understand this, or he'll keep pushing food on you.

Jay
JayEll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #14  
Cookie

S/C/G: 88.0/83.7/63

Height: 170cm

WEll done.
Yep every mouthful is a decision.
what's the other great saying...
When you fall off the horse, get straight back on.
Agree with JayEll - on the Rules for your husband and Pizza.

Also I love the 'celebration food on Prawns/Shrimp - healthy and extravagant at the same time.
My celebration drink is Over-priced Sparkling water. Somehow I have managed to replace my glass of wine with sparkling water. If I need to relax - it's a drop of Rescue Remedy under the tongue. But not too often.
Cookc04 is offline   Reply With Quote