Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 10-03-2010, 02:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 230/220/190

Height: 5 foot six

Default TOM is driving me crazy

I've been sticking to my calorie goals, exercising (cardio 3x a week, yoga 3x a week) and my TOM has me feeling fatter than when I started. I can feel the extra weight around my middle more than ever (probably because early last week I felt so 'light'). I can't wait for it to be over and the real losing can begin once more.

Anyone else going through this?
damngina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 03:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 280/247/160

Height: 5'3"

Meeeee!!!

It stinks.
Also, I find if I get "surprised" by TOM it's less of an issue. Since I'm not on the pill, I sometimes forget to check my calendar and totally lose track of how long it's been. I swear, if I know it's coming I get cramps, bloating, cravings, etc. If I don't know it's around the corner - nothing.

It's the weirdest thing
cincimini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 06:11 PM   #3  

cincimini, Wow! Maybe it's a psychological thing? You just expect to get it so you start anticipating cravings, etc? a self-fulfilling prophecy!

carlyjordon - Jealous! i swear, I have these two pounds I KNOW I will lose once this is over.

I won't go on BCP b/c it raises my blood pressure and messes with my mood. So now i must deal with this nonsense. I'm lucky i don't really get cravings and I'm actually much less hungry when I'm on my period but the water retention is unreal.
Old 10-03-2010, 07:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 178.6/172.8/150

Have you tried diurex for bloating? It's OTC. A few of those can keep the bloating and misery down somewhat.
MrsSoCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 07:18 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 210/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by damngina View Post
I've been sticking to my calorie goals, exercising (cardio 3x a week, yoga 3x a week) and my TOM has me feeling fatter than when I started. I can feel the extra weight around my middle more than ever (probably because early last week I felt so 'light'). I can't wait for it to be over and the real losing can begin once more.

Anyone else going through this?
YES YES YES! When its my TOM I gain anywhere from 2-5lbs. And fighting the cravings ... very difficult! I start dreaming of cheesey potatos and steak, chocolate desserts.

I combat that with drinking lots of water, keeping in mind that the salty & sweet cravings will pass... and perhaps indulging in a square of dark chocolate and trying not to beat myself up for skipping an exorcise day.
SeattleLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #6  
Tellin' it like it is!

S/C/G: RESTART:153.5/147/135

Height: 5'4"

Thats nothing you guys...im up TEN POUNDS right now from bloating... and i dont even get my period anymore! But i still get bloating around that time of the month...every month.....this sux. 10 pounds is huge. i am so SO miserable right now, even my underwear and bras arent fitting....

does that anti-bloating medicine really work?
mkroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #7  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I know this won't make you feel better, but I've noticed as I've gotten smaller it's gotten worse. I didn't used to gain at all during TOM and couldn't even see the bloat. Now my clothes fit tighter and I gain a little. It's certainly frustrating, but it's one of those things you just have to dig your heals in as throw your hands up and say oh well! Then go exercise - as much as I don't want to this always makes me feel better.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #8  

ncuneo, oh no! it gets worse! You're right, exercise does help! Yesterday afternoon I made myself go to the gym and have felt much better. Endorphins plus sweatiness... maybe that helped.

mkroyer, yeah the diurex does work. Midol with a diuretic in it also works.

seattleloser, i caved in and got some chocolate at the store two nights ago. It's all good, 180 calories and i made sure to allot it into my plan for the day.