Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2010, 01:46 PM   #1  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Default Im scared to death

I really have an eating problem and I cant stop. I dont know what to do anymore. I lost 25 lbs and gained 4 back now im struggling to get back on track. Its 1:50 and ive had 1500 cals of not good food already im literally scared to death that im spiraling out of control. Why cant I get back on track? and why cant I stop eating? Im going to cry
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:49 PM   #2  
Haters gonna hate

S/C/G: 187.5/175.2/140

Height: 5'3

keep calm and carry on.
SunnyDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:53 PM   #3  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

First off, I heart those Keep Calm posters!

Second: It's ALREADY 1:50 and you've had 1500, cals, sure... But have a small low cal snack (popcorn, maybe?) and then a very light dinner.. (a ginormous salad with some vinegar?) You'll be alright. One day does not make or break you!

I always try to remember this: One year from today, I'll have wished I started today. One year from today, I WILL be a different person.

WE CAN DO IT!!
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:56 PM   #4  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

While I have no advice for you on how to get yourself under control - only you can identify your issues (I'm currently battling this myself) - I can tell you the only way to get the weight off is to return to your plan. Whenever I "fall off the wagon" I ALWAYS return to my plan ASAP. Doing this has resulted in my weight loss success. I have fallen down many times, but always returned. The more times you do it the easier it is to get back on plan sooner and sooner. It's really not more complicated than this - persistance. Now returning to plan can be a harder battle, but when it comes do to it - it's a decision you must make for yourself and follow through with. Maybe I'm over simplifing, but sometimes it's better to understand that this can be simple. Make the decision to return to your plan today and do it.

Last edited by ncuneo; 09-27-2010 at 01:56 PM.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #5  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breannaj1215 View Post
I really have an eating problem and I cant stop. I dont know what to do anymore. I lost 25 lbs and gained 4 back now im struggling to get back on track. Its 1:50 and ive had 1500 cals of not good food already im literally scared to death that im spiraling out of control. Why cant I get back on track? and why cant I stop eating? Im going to cry
First of all stop telling yourself that you can't. It's like you're giving yourself permission TO.

It's not that you can't, it's that you won't. You have the ability to stop the overeating. You are capable of it.

But you must decide to. You have to put your foot down. You've got to suck it up and do it.

And you've got to set yourself up for success. Go back to dieting one oh one. Journal. Journal. Journal. Plan. Plan. Plan. Suck it up. Suck it up. Suck it up.

Get back in the groove. It doesn't take all that long, you will be happy and relieved to find out.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:01 PM   #6  

S/C/G: SW:290 CW:ticker GW:189

Height: 5'7

Thanks ladies. I needed that. Im drinking a big glass of water and i have my dinner planned out. im going to have a big salad with vinegar like kateleestar said. This is why im on here, because u ladies keep me on my toes
Breannaj1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:36 PM   #7  
love it or lose it

S/C/G: 210/209/150

Height: 5'2"

The ladies here are ALWAYS a great help and motivator. I am struggling with things too. Trying to get back on track... so far so good today! But you can do it. You can. Just one day at a time.

I love what kateleestar said, "I always try to remember this: One year from today, I'll have wished I started today. One year from today, I WILL be a different person."
shortandfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 02:47 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 264/202/163

Height: 5'4"

Glad you are already back on track... but do you know what spiraled you? Can you figure out how to get it to stop. I have finally figured out that I just can't eat sweets period. It is like heroin to me and I can't just have 1 candy bar... I eat them until my stomach hurts. So I made the decision to not have a freebie EVER until I am my goal weight. Not having sweets at all for over 6 weeks.... I am not even craving them anymore.

What was it that got you going? Can we help you keep it from happening again?
stacygee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #9  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

I'm having the same problems myself. Mine started with a "planned" binge and spiraled from there. Some of it was emotional too...
But I have decided I have to do it. One trick that really helps me is to chew gum. It helps me get back on track because I am getting a flavor, and my mouth is busy, but not hardly any calories.
You CAN do it. It won't matter that you messed up today, but it WILL matter if you stay off plan for days. The most important thing is getting right back on to plan when you mess up!
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:39 PM   #10  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacygee View Post
Glad you are already back on track... but do you know what spiraled you? Can you figure out how to get it to stop.

What was it that got you going? Can we help you keep it from happening again?
I was thinking this too = what was it that started you off track? Maybe you feel like you are denying yourself too much. Maybe plan 100 - 200 calories a day towards a treat of some sort. That way, each day, you can have your treat and not feel like you are depriving yourself of everything.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote