Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/ticker/130

Height: 5'6

Default Drifting. Rant.

I've totally lost my ability to do this.

This is my third...forth? Seventh? Day of binging in a row.

I've forgotten how to keep myself in check, how to force myself to put down the fork and go for a walk.

I'm so down.

I wanted so much to lose some weight before Christmas and recapture that amazing feeling I had last year after my 20-ish pound loss.

I just...am not even sure I have it in me to really regain my sense of self and get back on the path towards health and weight loss. I just feel so completely defeated.
Shifterred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:10 AM   #2  
Back at It!

S/C/G: 238/220/170

Height: 5'4 1/2

Awww! You've already lost so much weight! That is a great accomplishment!

Put the fork down NOW! Go out for a long walk and get your head straight. Focus on what you want to achieve. It doesn't matter if you don't achieve what you want by Christmas, because we all have setbacks! Just think that every little bit of progress is better than none. You can't change the past, but you can change the future. Tomorrow is another day! Best of luck! Hugz to you!
Jojo381972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:09 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 201/145/135

Height: 5'5

Hey!
You're already at a weight I would love to be at!

The wonderful thing about your body is that it's yours.
It just hangs out waiting for you to choose what to do with it.
Whether you're eating more than normal or sticking to your plans perfectly, your body will do what you tell it to...
You're in control!
I wish you luck
Kaala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 06:14 AM   #4  
Madeleine

S/C/G: sw187/cw152/gw140

Height: 5 ft 3.5 in or 163 cm

yes, its hard to maintain and keep going sometimes. DOes your screen name refer to work? Are you a shift worker? I work on call and have weird hours and find that makes sticking to my way of eating difficult. I would also refer you to the bingers board, they are really helpful. I hung out there for a while, and found I got better control over bingeing.
The sooner you get back to basics, the soon you will reach goal. YOU can do it.
fatmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:26 AM   #5  
Recovering Pantry Pest

S/C/G: 174.5/162/149

Height: 5'7"

You haven't forgotten it in just a week. No one and nothing can take away the knowledge you've accumulated about what works, and what doesn't. You have recognized that this doesn't work, and it doesn't feel good. And you still remember how incredibly good it feels to own this process and give yourself the gift of happiness and health. What happened a week ago that started the bingeing?
ICUwishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:25 AM   #6  
Why can't you?

S/C/G: 334/290.8/167

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shifterred View Post
I've totally lost my ability to do this.

This is my third...forth? Seventh? Day of binging in a row.

I've forgotten how to keep myself in check, how to force myself to put down the fork and go for a walk.

I'm so down.

I wanted so much to lose some weight before Christmas and recapture that amazing feeling I had last year after my 20-ish pound loss.

I just...am not even sure I have it in me to really regain my sense of self and get back on the path towards health and weight loss. I just feel so completely defeated.
Why are you binging? What was the trigger? Take a deep breath, think about it. Mine usually stems from feelings of invalidation and devaluation--I want chocolate, ice cream, and high carb goodies when it happens. I've decided it's not worth it and walk instead.
AZ Sunrises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #7  
is super awesome.

S/C/G: ...ticker...

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaala View Post
Hey!
You're already at a weight I would love to be at!
^^THIS!!!^^

I look at it that way, sometimes. I'm sure I'm at a weight that some others would love to be at... And you are at a weight I would love to be at. I would LOVE to be there. Anyways...

What's making you binge? Did something happen? When that happens to me, I have to stop, take a breath and a step back and say 'hey, why do I want this? is it hunger or something else?' and that uuuussssuuuallllyy helps.

Come here for support, too. I love this place when I'm low.

Last edited by kateleestar; 09-23-2010 at 02:09 PM.
kateleestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:09 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 205/172/125

Height: 5'1

You can do this! Don't throw away all you have done. Yes, you binged, but you can stop it. Only you can stop it!

I have food issues too sometimes. I have acknowledged to myself that I am really addicted to certain foods (like candy) and find it hard to control myself around them. I am probably always have a hard time with food. But I am going to manage it. Why? Because I deserve to be healthy, and my body deserves better than for me to just lay on the couch and stuff my face---which is what I've done for years.

Pick yourself up and get back on track. You CAN feel awesome by Christmas just like you want to! You are going to feel proud of yourself when you turn this thing around!
kellost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #9  
Argh.

S/C/G: 308/273/175

Height: 5'9"

We need to channel some rockinrobin in here.

I understand how you feel - I've been there! - but you have already recognized a problem happening and are here seeking help. Congratulations on doing that...I have a tendency to go hide when I'm feeling that way.

Now...STOP IT. Stop. Think. It's not wishful thinking that is going to get some weight lost by Christmas. Nor is self-flagellation going to get you there.

Go back to weight loss 101. Think about triggers, as others have suggested. Write out your feelings. Make your plan, prepare your foods. Commit to a period of time - a week, perhaps - to get yourself on track. Don't take a bite that isn't part of your preparations. Post. Be accountable. You can do this! We are here to help.

TAKE ACTION. If you don't, in a year's time you'll wish you had. A week off-plan is salvageable - and surely you love yourself enough to do it.
calluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 01:57 PM   #10  
xty
bright hearted

S/C/G: 240/127/125

Height: 5'6

you can do this, though i empathize with the feeling of not knowing how to move forward. but i have been there, and if i did it - you can do it!

this strikes a nerve for me. i was in the 150-180 range for a long, long time. battling with binge after binge. id have one, then allow a second, a third, and then it was the new norm.

if you dont stop the behavior - you will regain the weight. i know it is hard. and that after several days its a new pattern, the new norm and harder to stop.

but you can do this. you can make the choice to stop. you dont have to eat perfectly or workout a ton today. you can just not binge. and then tomorrow not binge. and then next week, go for a walk.

if you do one thing today to help turn this around you will feel better tomorrow.

*hugs*
xty is offline   Reply With Quote