Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-14-2010, 01:33 PM   #1  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Height: 5'2"

Default TOM Makes me MAD and SAD :(

BLAHHHHHHHH.......
I am really feeling down right now. I have no legitimate excuse. I made some great advances on the diet this week so I am thrilled about that, but I am still in this BLAHHH mood. I have 5 grown children, the youngest being the only daughter and she is 20. Just had to drive 185 miles round trip in the middle of the night to retrieve her from a bad relationship which accounts for the MAD part of my mood. I have been thinking of 101 EXCRUTIATING things to do to her ex I finally decided to go for my two mile walk yesterday, which, for the 1st mile was more like a stomp Walking gives me an opportunity to speak to my maker and to clear my head of all the junk. So after the first mile I had pretty much let it go and realized I was lucky to have gotten her out before she was physically hurt So as I was winding up the 2nd mile, I was blessed to see a most AMAZING sunset
I handle stress pretty well most of the time but TOM makes me want to let off some steam Anyone else feeling this way?

Last edited by islandchick1; 09-14-2010 at 01:34 PM.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #2  
ChubbyChicChick

S/C/G: 198/194/132

Height: 5'4''

What is a TOM? I saw it all over the place in this forum and I really have no clue. There should be a sticky thread with all the jargon for us newbies...
60lbstogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:45 PM   #3  
Joie de Vivre!!

S/C/G: 230/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

islandchick1: Glad you got your daughter out of the bad situation! TOM always makes me crazy too, things that I could normally shrug off make me either want to scream or cry. And eat!

60lbstogo: TOM = time of month.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/anno...-acronyms.html And there's a list of common acronyms.
TheBunneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:03 PM   #4  
Keepin' on...

S/C/G: 350/208/150

Height: 5'4"

Yeah, actually, I'm flirting with PMS right now, I can always tell when TOM is around the corner because I start crying at the drop of a hat and get super irritated about things that wouldn't normally make me that mad.

But in your case, I'd say you have a good reason to be sad and mad! How is your daughter doing? I hope for your sake she has wised up about being with this person and just seriously lets it DROP here!

Good luck!
shannonmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 04:18 PM   #5  
Native Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonmb View Post
Yeah, actually, I'm flirting with PMS right now, I can always tell when TOM is around the corner because I start crying at the drop of a hat and get super irritated about things that wouldn't normally make me that mad.

But in your case, I'd say you have a good reason to be sad and mad! How is your daughter doing? I hope for your sake she has wised up about being with this person and just seriously lets it DROP here!

Good luck!
Thanks for asking about my daughter.
She is doing good. She will miss a semester of college because of all this, but she is very resillient. I am just thankful that she opened her eyes before she was in too deep.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:21 PM   #6  
Kickin PCOS's Butt!

S/C/G: 240/Ticker/150 Ultimate Goal

Height: 5' 3"

TOM is EVIL...the hormones just really do a number on me. I have to have chocolate...at least that is what it feels like.
Then there is the screaming at DH for a couple of days before. Its probably the hardest thing I have to deal with. The hormones for me are just SO extreme especially dealing with PCOS...I'm hoping birth control helps with it.
But you are not alone. Its a frustrating thing to deal with....
PinkHoodie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #7  

Height: 5'8"

I never found anything that helped TOM... I just had to wait it out and hope that nobody got hurt...

Just getting away from people (read: TARGETS) helped.

Good luck!
BlueFlower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:50 PM   #8  
~~transforming Diva~

S/C/G: 368-heaviest 299/ticker/180

Height: 5'5"

OMG TOM.......grrrrr............I pms for two weeks, I have a horrible hormone imbalance and I have factor IV so I cannot take any hormones - birth control....i get bone deep fatigued, super irritable, wild mood swings.......one thing i do is if i am tired a sleep, that is the only way that i can handle the emotions. I do make myself walk and it is so so so hard cuz my whole body feels horrible.

You are by no means alone in this........just keep reminding yourself that it will pass

good luck

i am very glad your daughter is safe - YAY for strong women!!
WillsAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:19 PM   #9  
Doing this MY way!!!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'2.5

I don't hate my TOM but I do notice that I am a lot more moody. Like today I exploded on my best friend because he wasn't babying me. The craziness will be over by the end of the week.

Im happy that your daughter is ok. I have experienced a crazy ex and it was NOT fun at all. for you both!
quietstorm970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 267.8/211/150

Oh, yes. I have been in a rageful funk the past few days because of PMS. At this point, I just want my TOM to come so that I get to stop feeling this way! It's horrible. I hate it, because usually when I'm grumpy running makes me feel better, but right now NOTHING is helping.

I hope you feel better soon!
Bac0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:08 AM   #11  
Native Texan

Thanks everyone. I guess I'm out of maniac stage and will just be in lunatic stage for a few days