Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-29-2010, 10:44 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 266.2/See ticker/133.0

Height: 5'5

Default I need a hug.

I started about two and a half weeks ago. I haven't binged, and except for ONE SINGLE MEAL I've been completely on plan. I've tracked everything I've eaten. I've walked about three times a week. That one meal I let myself splurge on, I didn't go insane.

At first I did GREAT. Lost six pounds. And then in the last three days I've gained back five!!!!!!!! WHY?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I KNOW it's going to fluctuate, but right now I just want to cry and have a hug. It's making me want to eat. I haven't, and I won't, but I just am so. frigging. discouraged.
DaughterOfVenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:50 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:53 PM   #3  
Native Texan

S/C/G: 270/231.5/140

Hang in there
I was discouraged today too. (weigh day )
Maybe change up your routine a little. Also if it's TOM that could affect your weight gain as well.
Tomorrow is a new day
Hugs and Support.
islandchick1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 10:54 PM   #4  
natalie

S/C/G: 260/171.2/145

Height: 5'7"

Are you about to have your period? Whenever I'm pre-menstrual I always gain a ridiculous amount of weight that varies depending on how much my body hates me that month. Did you have a ton of sodium?

If you've stayed on plan (and that splurgey meal could NOT have made you gain like that, rest assured) and you're positive of that, there is no way you could have gained that kind of weight, which means it WILL come off. Watch your sodium too, some people are sensitive to sodium and gain copious amounts of weight from it.

Don't worry, and don't give up. Fluctuations are normal.

Last edited by oodlesofnoodles; 08-29-2010 at 10:54 PM.
oodlesofnoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:07 PM   #5  

I don't think it's TOM for me, I had that already this month.

Thank you for the hugs. I'm going to stick with it, I'm just having a moment/hour of feeling REALLY sorry for myself. LOL
Old 08-29-2010, 11:23 PM   #6  
Featherweight

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'3.5"

hang in there
AR4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 11:28 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 198/155/140

Height: 5'9"

besides the walking, are you doing any other exercise? when your muscles are sore they tend to hold on to water and make the scale not budge.
ringmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:29 AM   #8  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Maybe the one not on plan meal is making you retain water?
or
6lbs in 2 weeks could have frightened your body, which is programmed to hold onto weight to protect itself, so it's hanging on to water?

You are absolutely right just to keep on keeping on. There is no way that you've regained 5lbs of fat ~ 17,500 calories over budget? I don't think so.

I think probably the best thing I've learned this time round is persistence: not ignoring the scale, it's a valuable tool but learning just to observe what it says, rather than panic; cos when I panic I eat.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 05:15 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 242/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

The weight will go eventually, you're doing a great job. Eating something you don't need would probably just make the feeling worse right now (personal experience).

And btw, your avatar is simply lovely. Watching this Gubler video (you've probably seen but still...) always cracks me up so maybe it'll take your mind of of it for almost 2 minutes.
Luddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 06:20 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 150/144/120

Height: 5'4"

I have to really watch the sodium....I switched to a salt substitute. I've always had a problem giving up salt but it does make a difference. Are you drinking enough water? Hang in there, it will get better?

Cin
cinnycinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 11:53 AM   #11  

I said this in my daily weigh-in group, but I want to say it here too:

I just want to thank you for being there for me last night. Looking at my daily weight chart, I realize I was being kind of a brat LOL. I have a problem with instant gratification and a sense of entitlement. (I was good, I deserve to see the number RIGHT NOW!) It's been a long week, and I just had a panic moment and a moment of total depression, something that would have triggered a binge in any of my other diet attempts.

I'm actually feeling really good about it though! Because I DIDN'T binge, I stayed on track, and I have better perspective today and realize I was being totally silly. I just got into this mindset of, omg what if I gain tomorrow, and the day after, and then what if all my hard work is just for nothing??? But it's silly. I know that if I eat this amount of calories faithfully I can't NOT lose weight.

Here's another thing that's making me feel good. Yesterday, when I stepped on the scale and the number had gone up, I was frustrated, and felt like, why bother? So I ate a big breakfast. I still couldn't bring myself to really blow it, but when I made my eggs and toast, I made my old portions. Three eggs, two slices of high calorie toast, butter, and cheese on the eggs. And I ate it all.

And it didn't make me feel any better.

I tracked all those calories in my LoseIt app, and followed plan the rest of the day, staying within my calorie allotment.

And this morning the numbers started going back the other way. And that made me feel 10x better than that bloaty breakfast had!

I seriously think my journey is different this time. I think it's going to stick. And this place, you guys have been a HUGE part of this change in my head.

It's a good day.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:05 PM   #12  

Luddy, THANK YOU for the Gubler link! I was laughing SO hard!!! LOL I'm a pretty new Criminal Minds fan. I always assumed it wasn't my kind of show since I don't watch NCIS or CSI or anything, but my bestie forced me to sit down and watch the first two episodes with her, and I went home with the rest of her copies of the seasons in my backpack. I love it.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:20 PM   #13  
Super Single Mom

S/C/G: HW/SW 275/ CW 266.2 /GW 160

Height: 5'7"

Don't give up. You're doing great!!
Vixsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:41 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 266/216/166

Height: 5' 1"

*BIGbearhugstoyou* It's okay! Once I started drinking more water I saw a bit more of a loss (water weight). It'll all be okay. And while we're on the subject of MGG, have you seen all of his 'Unauthorized Documentary' videos?
bunnythesAINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 12:47 PM   #15  

Nope! Is it on youtube?

Wow, there are a lot of Mainers on here!!! I wonder if we're all spread out, or in the more major cities... If a lot of us are in central Maine, a meet and greet could be fun someday.

Last edited by DaughterOfVenus; 08-30-2010 at 12:48 PM.