Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 08-21-2010, 10:59 PM   #1  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

Default Diet Apps for iTouch/iPhone?

Ok... so... I just received an iTouch 32gb (well... bought it. My Zunes keep dying on me no matter what I do, so my parents bought this for me, from my cousin, who would accept no less than $200). So... I've been going through various apps... and going through my stuff.

The town I live in has wifi almost everywhere, so I shouldn't have too much trouble using something that requires wifi.

I was just wondering if anyone on here has some advice on what's the best?

I am going to get the allrecipes one, a friend of the family highly recommends it... and I think it's free.

I'm willing to pay for it.. but a one-time payment only. I don't want something I have to keep paying for every month.

I am currently using the Lose It! app... and it's telling me that I should currently aim for around 1900 or less calories... which is fine...

but there aren't many various things that you can enter in... for example, I was trying to put the smarties candy in... and it didn't exist... so I used powdered sugar as for what I put it as...

So... what are y'all's favorite apps for diet stuff?

(I have the nike one... and tomorrow I'm downloading the C25K one, so I don't need any advice on exercise ones)
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:15 PM   #2  
onedayatatimer

S/C/G: 224/ticker/145-155

Height: 5'9.5"

I'm using an iPad and I LOVE the Lose It app. There are plenty of foods that aren't on there so you just have to create a food. You put down how many calories it is per serving and then it stores it for you. I now rarely have to put something in because I already have it in my library of foods.

I hope others respond because I'm curious to see what other apps are good too!
luckymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 11:18 PM   #3  

I also saw that I had already downloaded "************", and I'm just not a fan of the setup...
Old 08-21-2010, 11:26 PM   #4  
Loving life!!

S/C/G: 360/159/145

Height: 5' 8"

I love the Lose It! app! Like Luckymommy said you do have to put a lot of foods in but it's super easy If you want to adjust the daily calorie allowance you can.

For resturants & stuff I have Dotti's (DWLZ) app! She gives calories and points.

I have more but those are my two favorites
TJFitnessDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:02 AM   #5  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

No single apps has all the foods in the universe, you're going to have to create custom foods no matter what. I'm also a loseit user, I love it! I like the recipe feature. And looking foods up online or just adding the info from the package is really easy.
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 12:09 AM   #6  

I haven't used it much, just tonight... so I'm sure there's a lot I haven't yet discovered. I must say... I do like it a lot better than the other one I have (for some reason 3FC is blocking the name: My Fitness Pal)
Old 08-22-2010, 03:38 PM   #7  

Height: 5'6

lose it is amaaazing.
neveragainbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #8  

I've been using it more often now... and I am really liking it. I am overestimating on most of my stuff (I'm kind of confused on a couple of the "each" measurement things), and still staying underneath. But... I've been drinking a TON of tea (unsweetened), and haven't been very hungry...
Old 08-23-2010, 02:10 AM   #9  
Back with a story

S/C/G: 281 / 254 / 160

Height: 5'3" - I got taller!

I love my Loseit! as well, I have been using it for about 18 months, I'd guess. I add lots of custom foods and recipes, but the longer I use it the less time it takes, because it reflects my cookbook/pantry more and more. It's simple to use and while not perfect (I hate having to make a cookie recipe and calculate a cup of sugar in teaspoons!) it is more than adequate and a heck of a lot better than a pen and paper!
Arctic Mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 03:48 AM   #10  
Crazy Cat Woman

S/C/G: 284/274/165

Height: 5' 4"

I also use My Fitness Pal, and find it pretty good. I wish this website had an app:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

I can plug in anything and find out nutritional data. I might look into Lose it.
duckchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:01 AM   #11  

Height: 5'8"

I am a huge Lose It fan. It's the only way I can continue to track calories. It's fun, easy and so convenient! Yay Lose It!
missgordon is offline   Reply With Quote