Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-29-2010, 04:34 AM   #1  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Question thinking of doing ww again but dont know if I can do the points forever

Hi...

I know I posted about possibly doing ww again not that long ago and I never joined. They are having a special now and I am thinking of doing it, but I don't know that I can stick with doing the points for a "lifetime" and I get bored easily. I don't want the weight to come back on as soon as I stop doing WW.

I need some way to lose weight healthily and WW seems practical except for doing the points forever. I am trying South Beach but I think some structure of a program like WW online would help me, its just again the concern of doing points forever...

any ideas, suggestions, experiences?

thanks...
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:36 AM   #2  
ddc
getting back to 140

S/C/G: 155/154.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Have you ever tried calorie counting? It's free and very effective.

Have you done WW before and lost the weight and then gained it back? (IDK your story with WW).

You've got to find something that you can stick with for life.
If you already know that you're not going to count points forever, then I'd say don't do it.
ddc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:39 AM   #3  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I have done both WW and counting calories and I have found that after a while it sort of becomes habit. slice of bread = 2 pts. egg = 2 pts. I could rattle off a whole bunch (Though, WW has changed since I last did it). I think WW is a FANTASTIC program for learning portion control. And they have a lot of great recipes. (which reminds me, I haven't made a WW jello pie in a while... hmmm)

I don't think that anyone wants to counts points forever - but it might be an easy way for you to track things right now. Things will become habit and you will learn how much you should be eating per meal/day.

Or if you do it and don't like it - you can always try something else! I think the most important thing is that you are tracking what you eat in some way.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I vote for calorie counting, flexible, easy and has already been said, free. I am at goal and still count calories, much easier than buying XLarge clothing again.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:17 AM   #5  
Green Tomatoes

Height: 5'9"

I've switched up things when I got bored and/or my weight loss stalled. I don't think you really have to count points forever. For one thing, if you learn it well enough, it will become habit as others said -- you'll be doing it in your head whether you want to or not!

For me, the commitment needs to be to the idea of weight loss, not one particular way of doing it. There are lots of good ways to do it -- you just have to look around at 3FC to see many ways people are taking off weight. I figure, why not try several and see what works best for me!
gardenerjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:22 AM   #6  
If you wanna Rock It . .

S/C/G: 248/164*low*/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCraver View Post
I have done both WW and counting calories and I have found that after a while it sort of becomes habit. slice of bread = 2 pts. egg = 2 pts. I could rattle off a whole bunch (Though, WW has changed since I last did it). I think WW is a FANTASTIC program for learning portion control. And they have a lot of great recipes. (which reminds me, I haven't made a WW jello pie in a while... hmmm)

I don't think that anyone wants to counts points forever - but it might be an easy way for you to track things right now. Things will become habit and you will learn how much you should be eating per meal/day.

Or if you do it and don't like it - you can always try something else! I think the most important thing is that you are tracking what you eat in some way.

Ditto. Couldn't have said it better
Coondocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 11:15 AM   #7  

You only gain weight back if you return to your old habits. Also, there is the Simply Filling technique that is a part of WW where you don't count points.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote