Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-07-2010, 05:24 PM   #1  
Captain Prescriptivism

S/C/G: 235/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default feeling TERRIBLE

In one of those really unfortunate moods, probably complicated by the fact that I way overestimated my calories yesterday just to be safe and probably didn't end up eating enough. I feel faint and miserable and angry that I have to do this when my fortunate genes-having stepsiblings are in the living room eating ice cream. ARGH. I feel like I could just give up on the diet and all the things I have to do and just eat the whole kitchen. Mostly just a rant. I guess this is the sort of thing you need to wait out, but I hate it so hard. I've been trying to make sure that I eat a pretty balanced diet in terms of food groups- never have I eaten so much protein and vegetables and so few grains. Apparently, it's not kicking the cravings, though, for anything and everything. Thanks for letting me rant.
ImpalaHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:25 PM   #2  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Yeah, don't eat everything in the kitchen Have a healthy snack maybe? Go for a short walk? Take a relaxing bath? Hang in there
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:36 PM   #3  

S/C/G: HW:300 Pregnancy: 160/167/185

Height: 5'5"

Seriously. You are hungry. Go eat something healthy. It's much much better to go 150 healthy calories over today than to snap and eat 500 calories of ice cream.
Shmead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #4  
Carol

S/C/G: 172/159/140

Height: 5'6"

It is hard to watch others eat ice cream, I certainly agree! But my gosh, look at what you have accomplished! 39 pounds gone! that is awesome and you are so close to your goal. Do something to distract yourself from the ice cream eaters and this mood will pass. You have come too far to give up!
Cglasscock1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

i totally understand! it sucks to watch people stuff their faces with stuff YOU KNOW would be disastrous on you. But as they sit there and eat those treats--you are giving yourself the best treat of all. You are in control--and you are making better life decisions!

if you were in a better mood--i would recommend you having a bite so you could see it wasn't the huge fabulouso thing that it looked like--and you could let it go. But you are in a terrible mood, and that could lead to overdoing it. Plus, if you are a real sugar addict--that could end bad.

So DON'T do that. instead, eat a yummy apple, knowing that the apple is good for you and will contribute to your glowing skin and healthy insides and is a nice sweet treat.

Don't be bitter about their "good genes". Just accept that when you get smaller having a sweet treat every once in a while will not be as disastrous as now...and you will be able to enjoy them again.

Also, since your cravings are still there, i think it would be helpful, when you are in a better frame of mind. To get you a small helping of something you really really have been craving--and enjoy it. I would make sure it is measured and you are prepared to leave the rest alone.

I personally don't think it is healthy or sane to try to stick to a diet that is causing you to spin your gears in frustration. The best diets are ones you can LIVE with before, during, and after your weight loss. And if you switch out a snack for 1/2 cup ice cream--the calories are not going to hit you hard.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote