Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 07-05-2010, 11:43 AM   #16  
I like ponies... and you?

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5'9"

I count it all, mainly because I'm not the kind of person who puts slices of this or that on my food. I prefer food to be plain. The blander the better. I rarely put tomatoes or some other fruit/veggie on my burgers. I do... but rarely. So when I have a tomato, it's in a salad, and it's the whole tomato. So I count it.
Serbrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Just do what works for you. Just keep in mind that if your weight loss does stall before your goal, you might need to start keeping a closer eye on all of your calories.
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:02 PM   #18  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

I do. If it passes through my lips...it counts.
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:29 PM   #19  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I don't.

I'm a very sinful impure calorie counter, lol.

I use caloriecount.com and I always manually enter 50-100cal at the end of the day of little things that I refuse to bother with entering. At the end of the day, I'll ponder any little thing that I wouldn't bother entering and estimate a rough total. Splenda packets, a piece of gum, slices of tomato, a crystal light packet, etc. I enter it as "calorie creep" at the end of the day so I don't have to deal with adding each little thing. Is it entirely accurate? Absolutely not, but I don't consider calorie counting to be an exact thing anyways, just a rough guideline.

I do count fruits, for sure. I definitely count starchy vegetables (beans, potatos, corn, etc). And if I have a large serving of vegetables as a snack or side dish, I'll at least estimate as best I can. 1 cup steamed broccoli or something. But I don't worry too much about veggies...If I have a side salad with no croutons, dressing, cheese, etc, I'm not going to worry too much that a bowl of lettuce, tomatos, cucumbers, and onions isn't going to be counted.

It hasn't hurt me or slowed me down significantly.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 12:56 PM   #20  
:)

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8-1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by serendipity907 View Post
I almost feel like I'm doing the counting calories thing wrong now
Try to not feel that way if you're seeing & feeling progress. Not even sure there is a "right or wrong" way. I don't use a website to tally & I let go of the piece of paper to keep track a while ago. It accumulates in my head to keep track...everyone is different. What works for one body may not work for another. One lucky ducky can eat endless amounts of veggies & fruits...but I'm unable to.. unfortunately, my body it too aware that 'a carb is a carb is a carb' & it'll show on my scale & measurements. I say if it meshes with your body without consequence...run with it...I sure would. Best wishes!
MissKelly is offline   Reply With Quote