3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   How many lbs before you went down a ring size? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/205764-how-many-lbs-before-you-went-down-ring-size.html)

trooworld 06-28-2010 10:44 AM

How many lbs before you went down a ring size?

Hi all. I wanted to know how many pounds did you have to lose before your ring size went down? I am currently a 9, but remember being like a 7 or a 6. I just bought a size 7 ring and can't wait to get into it!

happyveggie 06-28-2010 10:53 AM

i lost about 20 to before i saw a difference, but bloating affects ring size also

Aclai4067 06-28-2010 11:58 AM

I'd say my ring started getting loose around 20 lbs lost, fell off at about 40 lbs lost.

sweetnlow28 06-28-2010 12:35 PM

It was about 15-20 pounds for me too. I went from a size 9.5 to a 7.5 very quickly. I had a bridge put into my wedding rings around that time. They are getting lose again even with the bridge.
I think a ring as a "goal" is a great idea. Its like a little gift for your self once you get to wear it. I may have to suggest something similar to my hubby since I need a new goal LOL ;)

trooworld 06-28-2010 12:41 PM

Thanks guys, I bought this beautiful ring on eBay and I'm just hoping my finger shrinks fast so I can wear it! ;)

sweetnlow28, yes, now that I know that in another 15-20 lbs or so, I am super motivated to stay on track to wear that ring. Definitely tell the hubby hehe. A great way to get more jewelry.

TJFitnessDiva 06-28-2010 04:30 PM

I can't really tell you lol all I remember is working a party & when I threw my arms out acting a part out, my wedding rings flew off my finger lol

3FCuser001 06-28-2010 04:43 PM

I really hope I won't go down much on my fingers - hey, I like them the way they are! But my wedding ring is already less tight then it was summer last year (my fingers are always bigger in summer when it's hot)...

ncuneo 06-29-2010 12:21 AM

I don't remember, but I wish they'd stop! I have rings that I have to wear on my middle finger and thumb and they're still to big. Unfortunatly a lot of my rings can't be sized because of their design. I had to size my wedding ring down to 5 1/4 at about 187 and it's getting loose again. To be fair I've always had smaller fingers. I think at my heaviest my wedding ring was a 6 maybe a 6 1/2.

biolerchick 06-29-2010 02:36 PM

I'm not sure, but I've gained about 10 lbs since I got married and the ring is getting tighter. I had no idea how much my weight affected my ring size. It is a little embarrassing to have a ring size much bigger than my husbands.

roxmysox 06-29-2010 02:42 PM

I've lost almost 50, and all my rings still fit? Now, my fingers don't get swollen as much (before, during TOM my fingers would swell so bad I'd have to take my rings off completely) but they all still fit. Not sure how I feel about that. I like my rings, so good. I wouldn't mind skinnier fingers, so bad? haha

Onederchic 06-29-2010 02:45 PM

I don't remember exactly :|. I do remember this though..back when I weighed close to 250 pounds (probably in 2003), I went on a shopping spree at a jewelry shop with my momma and we both got about 6 rings each. Not big buck rings, gold and small diamonds (okay..teeny tiny diamonds :lol:) (that is really beside the point but I tend to ramble, sorry). All the rings I bought were too small for me...every single one of them. I never got them resized, I just kept them in the boxes they came in and packed em away. When my bf and I went on vacation this year, I took the rings out and was able to wear each and every one of them. It was a great moment for me :D

You will get there :) I wish you all the best with your goals :hug:

MonteCristo 06-29-2010 04:09 PM

My ring size never changed at all, even when I was down 65lbs....so I think it varies by person.

mkendrick 06-29-2010 05:25 PM

Hmm, well, I went from a 7.5 to a 6 and I've lost a little over 50lbs.

Leonor 06-29-2010 05:30 PM

1 size for every 20 pounds for me.

StephanieM 06-29-2010 10:06 PM

Mine is a little loose but not enough to warrant getting it resized, and I've lost 26 pounds.

Ahh actually, Dylan proposed when I was about 185 pounds... so I guess it's only been about 17 then. He thinks I should get it resized though, because it swings around my finger easily and the top falls to the side.