Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-23-2010, 02:01 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 200/180/125

Height: 5'1

Default I'm stuck on 2olbs

hello,
I have been on a diet for 3 months and have lost on 20lbs. I just can not seem to go past that I go one up or one down it is frustrating. I walk daily. What am I doing wrong?
sogrande is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:12 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/156/145

Height: 5 ft. 4 inches

I seem to be doing about the same as you! I Do believe If we just stay conisitent We Will Start to Lose Again! Good Luck!
llmw1951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:28 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 177.6/163/145

Height: 5'8''

why don't you mix up your routine? instead of walking do another form of cardio or incorporate some jogging. uping the intensity might help. Good luck.
Aubrey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:06 PM   #4  
3 + years maintaining

S/C/G: 287/120's

Height: 5 foot nuthin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by sogrande View Post
hello,
I have been on a diet for 3 months and have lost on 20lbs. I just can not seem to go past that I go one up or one down it is frustrating. I walk daily.
Waling daily is great - but what are you EATING? What does your *diet* consist of? ARe you counting calories? How many are you consuming? Are you measuring accurately? Do you account for every bite, taste, lick, crumb and sip? Are you consistent? Have you had any cheat meals or days? What types of foods are you eating? How long are you walking for? What activities/physical movement are you doing besides walking? Do you do any strength training?

Quote:
What am I doing wrong?
Before we can tell you what you're doing wrong, you'll have to tell us exactly what you're doing. It's hard to tell you what to change, if we don't know what you've been up to. Let us know so we can make some suggestions.

Last edited by rockinrobin; 06-23-2010 at 03:06 PM.
rockinrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:08 PM   #5  
Bella Signora ♥

Height: 5'4.5''

Don't worry, I was stuck at
15lbs for two weeks! It's coming
off now, so just be patient. You can
also try walking a little longer than
usual to help you break the plateau.
Ciao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:39 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

I've seen two bodies of thought on stalls. One is that your muscles are needing to rebuild (I don't get this one) and the other is that your metabolism has adjusted to a lower level of calories. You have essentially told it, "this is how much food is available to me at this time" and your body has adjusted accordingly. Yes, metabolism does adjust, based on tons of factors. It isn't a fixed point.

Not everyone agrees with this, but there does seem to be some evidence that "zig zagging" calories, or temporarily increasing calories can help overcome or prevent stalls.

This is all assuming you are sticking with a plan, and that it is a good, healthy one for you. Obviously, those concerns should come first.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 03:52 PM   #7  
I'm Just a Little Crazy

S/C/G: 250/215/170

Height: 5'9"

I also remember reading that the body platueas at after a 10% weight loss. So - you started at 200 lbs and lost 20 lbs, which would be a 10% loss.

You can either stick with it and see if you eventually drop more. Do like the PP said and switch it up with some jogging. Or like rockinrobin said, share what you are eating and I am sure you will get good tips on ways to improve.
SCraver is offline   Reply With Quote