Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-16-2010, 03:59 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 224/222/160

Height: 5'

Default DH was accepted to a weight loss program

My aunt went through a weight loss program/study at a University here. She lost over 70 pounds and has kept it off.

DH and I decided to apply for it. He got accepted~I didn't (possibility of becoming pregnant within the next 18 months). He has been going to all of the pre-program things and I think I am jelous. We said we were going to do it together, but we can't now. He is overweight, but not by much.

They provide him with all of his nutrition except fruits and veggies for 12 weeks, then a nutritionist to help plan meals and things for 6 months after that. They will help him adapt an entire new lifestyle. The study part is how weight loss affects brain function. He had an MRI and memory tests last week and he will do them again in the middle and then at the end of the program.

He keeps saying we still can do it together and we will do what we can together like exercise and the meal planning later. While I am excited for him, it is hard not to be down about it also. I am trying to keep a positive attitude about this because I do hope to learn something.
clifimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 158/153/130

Height: 5'4"

I agree with your hubby - you can do this together. He is going to have to eat his meals with you and they will need to be prepared, so why can't you be eating them too? I'm sure you will need to alter your calorie intake a bit based on your weight vs. his.

The biggest thing is - you are there as his support system (and he for you) and you can both benefit from his being a part of this study. And, look at the bigger picture - if you are trying to conceive, that is a much more exciting adventure.
chnkymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 04:31 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 224/222/160

Height: 5'

From what I understand they send him his meals at the begining of the week and they are already prepared or dehydrated.

He and I had a long talk last night about how we are going to do this and do it together no matter what.
clifimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 05:15 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

I'm glad to hear you are going to do this together. Even if he is part of the study, I don't see any reason as to why you couldn't do it together.

Good Luck!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote