Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 06-16-2010, 08:27 AM   #1  
Going, going, gone

S/C/G: 295/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Talking I'm On Fire!

Not literally. But you know what I mean!

I am doing exceptionally well with my diet and exercise plan lately. I haven't weighed in a week and a half, but I know I am losing based on my clothing (now down a full size and half!) and the way I feel about my body. Everything is changing--my physical body, my self-esteem and confidence, my sex drive, all these things I thought were dead and gone. I can't imagine what it must feel like to lose 50 lbs. or more, but sign me up! I am ready to deal with the baggage and emotional issues I have built up living at this weight! I feel ready to really accomplish my goals. I am versed enough in the weight loss process to understand that these phases come and go, but I am riding the wave of excitement and motivation and I wanted to share it with you lovely folks out there!

Also, I have decided to attempt another personal goal, even if it will be some time before I reach it. Fourteen years ago, I attempted to climb Half Dome in Yosemite. After a two-day hike and brutal temperatures, I laid down on the ground just beside the ropes to climb the very last part and gave up. I did not finish the climb and I have regretted it ever since. My body kept me from accomplishing that goal, and I want to try it again. I can't imagine how good it would feel to stand on top of that peak and say goodbye to the years of suffering and shame of living as a fat woman.

On that note, let's all take a moment and celebrate our achievements for the day!
asharksrevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:10 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Congratulations! Good luck with Half Dome ! I know you will do it !
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 292/250/175

Height: 5'7''

*lol* - When I read the title of your post "I'm on fire!" I started laughing because I automatically thought of Ricky Bobby from Taladegna Nights when he's running around screaming "Help me! I'm on fire! Help me Tom Cruise, help me Oprah Winfrey!" haha...anyway...

Congrats on your weight loss and new found appreciation for it! YES- weight loss helps everything from your sex drive to the way your shoes fit! As we get closer and closer to our goals, it's so exciting to realize all the different ways losing weight makes us feel better about ourselves. You are well on your way to leading a happier, healthier and all around better life! Keep up the good work and you'll meet all your goals in no time!
Danielle2842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #4  
One day at a time :)

S/C/G: 157/134/122

Height: 5'3"

I just got back from jogging my 3.7 miles and this thread empowers me immensely! If we all keep working at it, the weight WILL come off! It took me two and a half years to put on 30 pounds, but if I keep on keeping on over the summer, it might take me only half a year to lose it all again
ElanaRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 09:20 AM   #5  
I'm on my way!

S/C/G: 260/172/160

Height: 5'6"

Awesome!! Congratulations on being down a size and a half! I can't wait to go to the next size in my closet! Keep on going girl and you will do that Half Dome!!
TXMary2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:08 PM   #6  
over and over again

S/C/G: 336.1/328.7/160

Height: 5'6

Congratulations!!!! u feel so empowered the more weight u lose and ur body feels so much better. The emotional rollercoasters that come with weightloss are all worth it, at least they r to me.lol. When I lost 50lbs, I felt so good about myself. I can do so many things that I was unable to do at 293lbs. Keep it up girl, it only keeps getting better and good luck!

Last edited by sarcruze; 06-16-2010 at 08:09 PM.
sarcruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:25 PM   #7  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

Fantastic!! Congrats!
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 08:33 PM   #8  
Kara

S/C/G: 375/see ticker/185

Height: 5'10''

I'm so happy for you! Remember how you are feeling right now, let it guide you to the end!
koceank29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 11:23 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 271/202/??

Height: 4'10"

Congratulations! Can't wait until you can climb half dome. Keep up the good work!
kendra is offline   Reply With Quote