Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 05-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 145/160/120

Height: 5'6

Default Disappointed in myself

I have been doing very well with sticking to eating well in the past few weeks, and also not weighing myself as much, trusting that the weight will come off, cause I'm eating right and exercising.
So this morning i hopped on the scale to see it back up to 136lbs, from 133lb. The only thing I could think of is I drank quite a bit of diet soda the night before, which tends to make me quite bloated.
Sadly I think this subconsciously bothered me more than I realized this morning, since today I've eaten almost 2000cals, and mostly all of them were of crap
The only healthy items were some risotto and cucumber/salsa.
Now I'm panicking about what the scale is going to say, I'm gonna try and not weigh myself for a few days, but i just feel huge and gross
I'm trying to tell myself one day of 2kcals isn't going to put me back up to 140lbs, but it's not working...
I'm thinking of doing some exercise later, have been walking around most of the day but still...

Any ideas on how to improve days like this?
serendipity907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 129/108/108

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

I've had those days, the ones where the scale jumps up because I had a lot of diet soda or water or for some other reason, all of which have nothing to do with going off plan. Sometimes the extra pounds would stay a couple of weeks before disappearing along with a couple more. It can be so hard to trust in your body, reminding yourself that you have been good and you will see the results because of it. But it really is something you have to continually remind yourself.

For me it has been helpful when this happens to specifically remember a time when I went up two pounds for two weeks for no good reason and then dropped five pounds in two days. When the scale would go up and stay up, I would always think about how it's just more of the same: I've seen it before and I know it all turns out great in the end. That is how I manage to stay on plan in these situations.

Last edited by Petite Powerhouse; 05-28-2010 at 03:50 PM.
Petite Powerhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:11 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I am sorry you are having a bad day

I do recommend giving that ole scale a break for a bit, sometimes it is not always a tool but a hindrance, or it was for me anyway. You have to know that having a bad scale day and turning it into a food-fest is not the answer. I think you should definitely take a deep breath, work out and get back on plan
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote