Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 08:19 AM   #46  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Talking hi everyone

I just weighed in. I was not expecting to lose too much since it took me 3 days of dieting to actually get up the courage to weigh myself so I was assuming most of the bloat had left.Well, today I jumped on the scales and I have lost 6 pounds this week!!!!YEAH!!!I am feeling good.

starting weight 206.5
current weight 200.5
Old 10-16-2002, 09:02 AM   #47  

Default Way to Go Angie!!!!!!!!!

Wow Angie!!!!
I dont even have to imagine how you must have felt! I know that feeling and its a great feeling!!! Wow 6 lbs!!!
When I had a good loss in a week that really made me even more motivated to keep going. I know some people see a loss and they go celebrate with food!
Keep it going ,you can do this girl .

I hope everyone is doing well and not quitting on themselves. I've heard sooooo many times" I just need motivation" Isnt being unhappy with how you look and feel enough motivation?
I was listening to some interview the other day. This actress that is in the show ER ,I think. Lost 120 lbs! They asked her how she didnt give up,what kept her motivated. She said " Something just clicked, Iwanted this and that kept me focused" Thats how I felt. Finally the "click" happened and I didnt want to go back to the way I was ever again. The other day I was cleaning out my nighttable drawer and found an old letter dated Feb 2,2002. I could not believe it was me writing like this. Iwas journaling about my weight and how I felt. I wrote that I would just feel so much better with at least 40 lbs off. Well I've passed that by now.
I'm slowly building up my wardrobe again, my closet was empty. Now I'm addicted to shopping.I have to buy at least one thing every week! I hated shopping with my husband but now he goes with me and picks out the clothes for me ... I can be in the dressing room and shout to him" honey I need this in a size 6! or 7! That sounds so good to say it and mean it!
In my closet I still have 2 pair of size 16/18 shorts hanging there. That is my constant reminder that if I dont take care of myself ...
Well I'm off to the gym.
ttyl
Gen
194/135/130
" If you want your dreams to come true,wake up"
Old 10-18-2002, 11:35 AM   #48  

I think this might be working! My big test is when my hubby goes out of town. I get very lazy and don't want to cook the right foods. I usually end up eating cookies or pizza for dinner. I feel like if he isn't home there is no reason for me to even care. This week I tried my hardest to stay away from the bad stuff. I did yoga when I got home and made sure that I ate a salad with dinner. I weighted in a week early but I have lost 2.5 lbs. Thatis what my goal was for this challenge. Now that it is off, for the last week of the challenge I will need to keep it off. That is the goal that I want right know. Baby steps.
Old 10-18-2002, 01:28 PM   #49  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Congrats on yopur 2.5 pound loss Kempyd!!!You can do it while your husband is away.Do you like Uncle Ben's rice bowls? They are quick and for 1 person and quite filling.I also make mini pizzas on english muffins.As you can see I like quick foods. Good Luck
Old 10-18-2002, 02:05 PM   #50  

Angry OMG !!! I'm at My Goal Weight!!!!!!

Ok now that I've done the happy dance for at least 5 hours! I dont know how but I have a clue exactly this happened this week!!! I've been very busy these past two weeks and have only been to the gym about 3 times a week at most. Starting this past monday I headed to the gym and stayed my hour and pedaled that Elliptical machine faster than usual so I was burning around 740 calories each time I used it, I ate very healthy this week. This morning I got on the scale and I wanted to get back in bed cause I thought I was dreaming. I called my husband to come weigh me cause I needed a witness!!! I'm at 130 lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was my goal ,my dream goal was 125 but 130 seems more realistic for me. If I ever get to 125 then I'll get there. But I am sooooooooo happy to reach my goal. My Main goal now is to keep doing the challenges just to personally maintain.
I have to celebrate I just dont know how. I think I already got a little gift for myself yesterday so that should count lol. I walked into Victoria's Secret (something I would never do) Bought myself a white garter belt,those sheer silky thigh stockings,lace /satin bras and a white matching thong. lol
Ladies, this can be done. You can do this and you will all get there. Remember why you want this so bad and never forget it.
My journey began Feb of this year and I reached my destination Oct 18. It wasnt all easy but it didnt kill me either lol. I dont have to be terrified of eating out or going to a BBQ. One or two/three ribs wont kill me. But you wont see eating a rack of ribs anymore.
Tomorrow is weigh in Day but the Final Weigh in is the 23rd( I think) So anyone that wants to wait until Wednesday to give me their final weigh in for this challenge can do so.

Gen
194/130/130 AT GOAL!
Old 10-18-2002, 02:08 PM   #51  

Smile Congrats Kempyd!

Good going Kempyd!!!

You should be sooooooo proud of yourself girl!!!! Especially for eating so well while hubby was gone. It's great you will focus on maintaining fo rthe remainder time we got on the challenge.

Gen
194/130/130 (At Goal!!!)
Old 10-18-2002, 03:40 PM   #52  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

Wow Gen congratulations to you!!!!I know how great it feels to be at 130 and I cant wait to get there again and stay there this time for good.Do you notice now that people look at you instead of past you? It felt so wierd when I was there to actually have men look AT me and you do get treated differently.OH YOU HAVE ME SO MOTIVATED NOW!!!!GOOD FOR YOU!!!!
Old 10-18-2002, 04:09 PM   #53  

Default So true Angie!

Yes Angie ,
Ive noticed the same things. I get the looks from men looking me up and down. But the only one that matters looking at me now is my hubby. Who's loved me through thick & thin,literally! I'm surprised at how much help Iget in the stores now,how many guys want to help carry my bags.But I used to have a little grudge because before I was invisible and now I'm visible. I let that grudge go and I'm enjoying myself now.
Angie , dont let go of motivation and determiniation! You can and will do this if you want it bad enough.

ttyl,
Gen
194/130/130(at Goal!)
Old 10-18-2002, 04:39 PM   #54  
Squishy mom, not 4 long!

I am so happy for you Gennel. I can only dream of being 130 right now...because that is too far for me that it would only get my head to think of wanting tomorrow. When tomorrow comes and I don't have it that will be my downslide. But I enjoy hearing all of you alls successes. Because if somebody did it then I know it wasn't a paid advertisement and I can do it also.

Actually I have a bit of good news as well. As of Monday I have been able to maintian 192. So that means 4.5 lbs gone for the challenge. BUT you said we have till the 23rd which is even better perhaps I can get another pound off.

One more bit of excitement to add. Well you all kow that when you lose weight you're closet also needs a makeover. Well I had some smaller size jeans on layaway at Wal Mart and finally got them out when I realized ZI was only 2 lbs away from my goal. THEY FIT!!!!!! I am officially out of the plus size jeans. Now the trick is to get myself to adjust comfortably into the regular size shirts. But then I went to Wal Mart today to return an outfit I wasn't too crazy after looking at myself in it...it looked like a pajama, anyway I kind of felt my size 18 jeans were a bit too comfortable and I wanted to see how a 16 would fit....IT FIT!!!! So instead of buying the size 16 jeans I went and bought myself some sexy undergarments. Something DH has been asking me to do for a while now. I'm not too crazy about the idea but I figured it may get me motivated.

I am on my way to do some errands. I will talk to all of you again. Gennel don't jot my loss down just yet...I hope to have another pound gone by the 23rd. Thank you for your support and way to go on your great accomplishment. I can only dream of your excitement. I bet you want to climb up on a microphone and just scream your lungs out. Way to go! That is so great. KUDOS to you. Okay talk to you all later.
Kina
Old 10-19-2002, 11:36 AM   #55  
determined chick!

Talking Hi everyone

Gennel- Way to go! So how does 130 feel? Is it heavenly? I'm so proud of you. You too Kina- you guys are doing so great! Well I had a wonderful week! I lost 6 pounds! Yes 6! I am in shock. I realized what was wrong with my workouts. Since I've been losing I've been doing a little bit longer distance but the calories burned was getting lower as my weight lowered. I'm so stupid I never noticed that- Anyway I adjusted the time and speed until I burned the same calories as I did at the higher weight and the pounds flew off. I don't know how long the pounds will keep coming off with this routine, or if I can keep the energy up to keep at the pace it takes now to burn those calories, but the motivation you all are giving by your losses is going to keep pushing me to do it. So Gennel put me down for a 6 pound loss. So that's 111 off and 59 to go. I want to lose at least 20 more by Jan 1st, then I'll finally be below 200. Congrats to all the people who have lost and welcome to all the new members I haven't said hello to. Take care all- Di
Old 10-19-2002, 08:06 PM   #56  

I'm only down a pound this week. I've been doingawful. Low motivation, high stress, no time. Anyway, hubby talked about getting a treadmill tonight. That would be a tremendous help! I'm very excited at the possibility. Congrats to all you!! Six pounds in a week!! I would be floating on a high, high cloud!!! Enjoy,
Old 10-20-2002, 08:02 AM   #57  
determined chick!

Angry Hi Serina

Hi Serina- Did you get the treadmill? The treadmill is what I use at the gym everyday, and I absolutely love it! The strength and endurance I've built up using it is unbelievable. I've found that doing the intervals. One 5 minute session at a lower speed and then 5 at a higher speed and alternating for the whole workout is what works for me. I read that interval training kicks in your metabolism- something I needed a lot of help with Anyway hope you get one! I'm crossing my fingers for you! Take care-
Di
Old 10-20-2002, 10:16 PM   #58  

I haven't bought one yet. Hoping to this week though. I went out looking at them today after doin a little research but it is overwhelming. I don't know what to buy!! I want to keep it under $1000. But my dh weighs 265 so we need a powerful one. Ack, I'm so confused!! I will get one though, I know I've been slacking with my walking because it is soo cold. I have to take the baby with me when I walk and I don't like having her out in the cold so long. With a treadmill I can walk while she naps, no more excuses!! Thank you for the kind words. Does anyone have any advice on buying one? Which one do you have? Do you like it? Help!
Old 10-20-2002, 10:39 PM   #59  

Default Hi

Congrats Grizzly and Laney onyour losses this week!
Wednesday is the last day and let me know so I can post the final chart for this challenge. I will do another challenge soon ! I want to maintain ,maintain,maintain! For this month so that's my goal.

night ladies!
Gen
194/130/130 (At Goal!)
Old 10-21-2002, 08:58 AM   #60  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

hi Laney,
I actually used to weigh 265 pounds myself and I bought a Sears Lifestyler treadmill from the store for about 350.00 5 years ago. It has worked great and I have used it to death. When I lost my weight 2 years ago I walked on it for at least 1 hour every day of the week but most of the time it was 1 1/2 hours a day.I haven't had any trouble with it yet. Good Luck finding one.
Closed Thread