So tired of the comments...

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • ^^It doesn't work with my mother either. She will come back that she knows more because she's older than me.

Then again, we're discussing a woman who would still hold my hand crossing the street, if I'd let her. No, I'm not kidding.
  • I hate people like that, I really do...

My weight hasn't ever been a discussion unless I'm the one who brings it up, but if I ever had a situation come up like yours, I'd likely respond this way:

"I'm sorry, but that's classified under N. For NOYDB."

Then I'd smile sweetly and walk away.

No, I've actually had the opposite happen. I told some of my very close friends who are like sisters to me that I wanted to lose weight so my outside could match my inside and one of them kicked me in the butt because she thought I was cutting myself down again! Kinda made me ashamed to mention wanting to lose weight around them cause I have confidence issues as it is and I just want a reason to say "Okay, I know I look good" and have my body shape not contradict me.
  • Quote: "You sure you should eat that?"

"All you need to do is exercise"

"I can't believe you let yourself get that way"

"You have to want to lose weight"

I just wanna say SHUT UP!!!!
    Then say it. Say it with a smile on your face. You can even put a "please" before it if ya wanna! Say it loud, say it proud. My favorite way to tell people to shut up about MY weight is "When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you." And I ALWAYS say it with a smile on my face.