Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-20-2010, 09:19 AM   #1  
Trying my best

S/C/G: 167.5/150/130

Height: 5'3

Unhappy Really discouraged!

I don't know but I am just so discouraged this morning. I have tried to do this weight loss thing the right way this time and I immediately lost 2.5 lbs and not a week later, still ON the same exact eating/exercising plan and I am back to where I was when I started?

I gave up sodas over a yr ago..and gained weight...most ppl lose!

This past week I have completely cut out ALL junk food, no candy, sweets, ice cream...no chips...no snacking in between meals....I stopped eating an hour and half to 2 hours before bed. I've started doing cardio twice a day, 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening. I'm only eating what I am supposed to be. No milk, cheese or bread/pastas.

So what gives? WHAT is wrong with me?
Tonyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:37 AM   #2  
so close I can feel it!

S/C/G: 186.6/154/137

Height: 5'5"

There is nothing wrong with you!! *hugs* You'll get there. Are you only eating the 3 meals a day and not having a healthy snack in between? Maybe your not getting enough calories..
zephyr524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:43 AM   #3  
Trying my best

I am eating snacks n between but they are things like bananas or light and fit yogurts..nothing "bad".
Old 04-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #4  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

So sorry to hear your discouraged. I've been there!! I heard somewhere that bananas didn't help weight loss... they act like a sugary-starch in the body... so I cut them out and I'm eating strawberries instead... just a thought. Also, you might need to add some whole grains (ya said no grains or pastas). Keep on your exercise plan. Be patient!! =)
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:59 AM   #5  
Trying my best

I have been eating brown rice..does that help?

I also think I haven't been drinking enough water either..maybe that's the thing? I hate drinking plain water, I have never been able to honestly..
Old 04-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #6  
Transforming through God

It can be discouraging, I know Just hang in there though. The time is passing whether you lose or gain -- and if you stay on a healthy plan the scale WILL go down, I promise.

You may need to tweak your plan (add more calories or something) and also go longer between weighing in. The scale can vary up to 8lbs depending on water retention, muscle gain, where you're at in your cycle, sodium intake etc...

Hang in there!
MyBestYear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:18 AM   #7  
I am losing it!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/195

Height: 6.1

Brown rice = good! Then moderation is key. I think 1 cup = 220 calories

Plain water-- maybe add a splash of cranberry juice, lime or lemon. I prefer cranberry... I saw Jillian recommended it in one of her exercise/diet books.

Keep looking forward! =)
Veil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:25 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

You don't have to count calories for the rest of your life (unless you want to), but I think you should honestly and accurately record your calories for 2 weeks to see what you are eating. Every bite! It's hard to tell from your post what the issue might be, because we don't know what you are really eating! "Trying to eat well" and "Recording exactly what you eat" are two different things.

And, give it time. Chart your weight loss and look at it over time. Individual weighings can be affected by so many things - your period, salty food, etc.
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyia View Post
I don't know but I am just so discouraged this morning. I have tried to do this weight loss thing the right way this time and I immediately lost 2.5 lbs and not a week later, still ON the same exact eating/exercising plan and I am back to where I was when I started?

I gave up sodas over a yr ago..and gained weight...most ppl lose!

This past week I have completely cut out ALL junk food, no candy, sweets, ice cream...no chips...no snacking in between meals....I stopped eating an hour and half to 2 hours before bed. I've started doing cardio twice a day, 30 in the morning and 30 in the evening. I'm only eating what I am supposed to be. No milk, cheese or bread/pastas.

So what gives? WHAT is wrong with me?

Nothing is wrong with you! Our bodies react to different diets, and excersize differently than another body would. Sometimes our body just need time to adjust to a new lifestyle. You can't just do something one week and expect it to be the miracle drug. The miracle is doing it week in and week out. Stick with it, give your body time to reclaim the new lifestyle you are giving it, and it will make a difference.
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:04 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 250/237/170

Height: 5'8"

I agree with Glory....I thought I was eating right until I starting paying attention to portion sizes and counting calories.....I was exercising and "eating right (I thought)" I lost 17 lbs and then got stuck at 240 (I was discouraged bc that I knew I still had 70 lbs to lose- or more)...I started calorie counting and continued my exercising and lost 4.5 lbs the first week. Keep us updated! I use sparkpeople website to help me keep track of my intakes for now...it has really helped me----along with the support from 3FC!
abreezies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 AM   #11  
Trying my best

Oh I have been recording what I am eating which is why I am so discouraged. I have also been counting calories..this is from my food log..I have eaten these things and ONLY these things everyday since last Monday..

Breakfast 1/2 coffee and a bowl of grits
Snack banana
Lunch 1/2 cup brown rice with 1 tbsp of hot salsa mixed in
Dinner 1 cup beans
Snack banana, yogurt and strawberries

Breakfast 1/2 cup coffee & yogurt
Snack banana
Lunch 1 cup beans
Dinner 1 cup beans 1/2 cup brown rice

1/2 grits for breakfast
yougurt for snack
steamed/roasted veggies for lunch
banana
yougurt
more steamed/roasted veggies for dinner
baked apples with no sugar added for snack

yogurt=light and fit 60 calorie cups
coffee=non dairy creamer no sugar
grits=no butter
roasted/steamed veggies= brushed ONLY with dijon and garlic

Last edited by Tonyia; 04-20-2010 at 11:14 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:37 AM   #12  
Let's salsa!

S/C/G: 208/160/158 for now

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyia View Post
Breakfast 1/2 coffee and a bowl of grits
Snack banana
Lunch 1/2 cup brown rice with 1 tbsp of hot salsa mixed in
Dinner 1 cup beans
Snack banana, yogurt and strawberries
If this is all you ate in a day, then you are not losing because you are starving yourself to death. What kind of a lunch is 1/2 a cup of brown rice with some salsa? Where is your protein? Don't you any meat? if you are a vegetarian, where is at least a small truckload of tofu?
Tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 11:46 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 210/173/128

Height: 5'0"

What I did to budge the scale was instead of 3 meals, I started making one big meal every morning (something with lots of veggies, healthy, etc).. and then I ate it over the whole day every 2 hours.
Sounds weird, but I am basically eating 5-6 little meals instead of 3 regular ones.

Last edited by FunSize; 04-20-2010 at 11:46 AM.
FunSize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 204/190.4/134

Height: 5ft 6in

I'm with Tomato. Where the heck is the protein? Is that even enough calories? If you dont eat enough calories your body goes into starvation mode and that may be what happened.
guttergirl78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:24 PM   #15  

Height: 5'3"

Where's your protein?

eggs
egg whites
lean meat
chicken
tuna
fish
rachinma is offline   Reply With Quote