3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **April** Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/198250-%2A%2Aapril%2A%2A-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome.html)

Fat in Hong Kong 04-06-2010 12:56 AM

Hi Everyone!

Hope you don't mind me jumping in! Today I've started back to counting calories, and whilst I am writing everything down in my little book, I know it's a good idea to come along here and list my daily meals to make me feel more accountable! So, here goes ......

Breakfast - 340 cals
Milk (daily allowance)
1/2 cup oats made with water
1tbs flaxseed
Low fat yogurt

Lunch - 535 Cals
2 slices multigrain bread
1/2 tin WW baked beans in tomato sauce
1oz grated cheddar cheese
2tsp low fat spread

Dinner - 480 Cals
Homemade Turkey Stew:
Turkey
Potatoes
Carrots
Peas
Onions

TOTAL CALS SO FAR - 1355

ParadiseFalls 04-06-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotypical (Post 3233683)
Paradise - wow, aren't you starving?

Not yet. I'm drinking tons of water and Crystal Light and eating little snacks whenever I'm hungry. That 1170 was premature--I ended up with just over 1300 for the day.

Diana3271 04-06-2010 07:13 AM

Nichola Hi and Welcome! We are glad to have you join in. :wave:

Anne Elk 04-06-2010 09:18 AM

Ok so this looks like a good thread to start with.

I'm back at this, again. I've found that counting calories is the best way (for me) to lose weight. I aim for around 1,500/day but also try to zig-zag that during the week especially if I have a higher calorie day. Something about eating the exact same amount of cals and doing the exact same amount/type of exercise just doesn't work in the long run. Variety seems to keep things moving.

I'm trying to get my head back in the game, which is half the battle imo. While I've fallen off the food wagon I've still exercised -- although not as frequently or intensely has I had been. I had lost around 22 lbs but gained 10 or so of them back. So annoying.

patchworkpenguin 04-06-2010 11:35 AM

Catching up again. :o

Menu 4-5-2010

Fasted for bloodwork at the Dr's = no breakfast :(

Red Robin Ensenda chicken platter: one breast = 629

1 c peaches 90
1/2 c strawberries 30

Southwest Patty 160
homemade salsa 50

(so at this point it was 8pm and I was at 959 for the day, and I could have eaten something healthy but...}

1 c choc ice cream 255
pecans 200
Hershey's dark sryup 90
Reddi Whip 50
=595

Total= 1,554

Exercise,
Ped = 5,690

Weight,
221.4 - .4

Welcome, Anne, I've found that I like following a set pattern, but then I rebel and 'do my own thing' for a while, then I'm back to the pattern. :?:

Nichola, Glad to have you join us.

corazonas 04-06-2010 11:44 AM

Ok, I'm jumping on this train.

weigh in- 153.2

Danielle2842 04-06-2010 12:00 PM

Hello everyone!

My goal for April is to reach my 30 pound loss. I've lost 25 so far, so I shouldn't have much trouble losing another 5 by the end of April.

My food plan is simple, but it keeps me on track!

Breakfast -Fat free Greek Yogurt
Snack - Large Orange
Lunch - Lean Cuisine, small salad & apple
Snack - Kellog's Fiber Bar (I LOVE these!)
Dinner - 3 to 4 oz. lean meat & up to 1 cup steamed veggies

Exercise:
I'm aiming for getting in 30 - 60 min. work outs at least 3 times per week. I like to do 15-30 minutes walking on the treadmill, followed by 10-20 minutes of light weights and some sit ups.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, EVERYONE!!!

sotypical 04-06-2010 12:09 PM

Wooooo! So many new people! Welcome to everyone who is just joining us!

I totally gave into the fries last night... my friend and I had a good time. Scale was a little mad at me this morning - but it is a-okay, lots of days until Friday to fix it! And I have a great day planned (food wise, yum yum). :) I really find if I plan GOOD meals, I am way less likely to crave eating out. But creating meals I look forward to eating can sometimes be a challenge, especially for packing a lunch to bring to work.

Breakfast: (247 calories)
yogurt
coffee w/ skin milk
two slice low calorie bread
w/ chicken breast slices, cucumber, alfalfa sprouts and laughing cow
(yes I had a sandwich for breakfast!)

Snack: (169 calories)
apple
yogurt
coffee w/ cream

Lunch: (363 calories)
mexican lasagna
w/green beans on top of salad mix

Snack: (93 calories)
multigrain crackers
diet coke

Dinner: (462 calories)
pork chop cooked in lemon juice and hot sauce
brown rice cooked with chicken noodle soup mix
broccoli

Total Calories: 1342

Exercise:
did 45 min on e. bike @ 5am :)

Water:
at least 5L

Diana3271 04-06-2010 12:48 PM

Anne, Cora, & Danielle Hi and Welcome! It's great to have you join in. :wave:

Anne I also count calories and kinda zig zag. I normally have a couple higher calories days a week because life happens ;), so I will have a couple lower calorie days to off set it.

patchworkpenguin 04-06-2010 12:55 PM

Small NSV. I just tried on my summer clothes . Nothing really surprising, but it was nice to find some tops I couldn't wear last summer fit now. I packed up the winter/too small clothes to store in the attic, but left a few too small things, that I might be able to wear by the end of the season.

Welcome, Danielle, Cora,

fashinjunkie09 04-06-2010 01:10 PM

Welcome to the new ladies, I'm glad to have you join us! :wave:

Courtnie, I hear you on the challenge of making yummy lunches for work. Sometimes I just have to settle for so-so lunches and make my dinners the meal that I look forward to because I have much more time to plan and prepare for dinner ya know?

pengiun, fantastic NSV I love it when you can go shopping in your own closet!

I'm proud to report that I didn't put anything in my mouth yesterday that wasn't 100% planned (my personal challenge for the week) and the scale is going down finally. I hope you are all having a good Tuesday so far! :)

4/6/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast: (380)
1/2 whole wheat extra fiber English muffin- 60
1 poached egg- 70
1 slice lean ham steak- 70
2 tbsp low cal "hollindaise"- 70
1 cup oj- 110

Snack AM (50)
small cup of coffee w/ 2 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 50

Lunch (355)
3 oz honey glazed ham (leftover from Easter)- 150
2 slices low cal whole grain bread- 90
2 tsp dijonnaise- 10
1 medium banana- 105
H2O- 0

Snack PM (120)
2 oz baby carrots- 20
1 100 cal packet guacamole- 100
H2O- 0

Dinner (650)
1 small chicken pot pie w/ carrots, celery and peas- 650
H2O- 0

= apprx 1,555 calories

sotypical 04-06-2010 01:32 PM

Fashin - I usually look forward to my dinners and defiantly put my time into them. But if I don't look forward to my lunch then I find it way to easy to eat out. Thankfully there are some healthier choices near my work but still higher in calories then I usually plan for. If I have a lunch I can't wait to eat, it is easier to say no when a co-worker goes "Wanna go for sushi?"

ValentineNicole 04-06-2010 01:41 PM

Breakfast:
Large coffee with 2 creamers
Oats and Peanut Butter Fiber Bar

Lunch:
Healthy Choice chicken marinara with broccoli

Dinner:
Spinach and chicken pizza

I'm still mildly hungry, annoyingly. I'd probably eat more, but there are f-ing bugs all over my apartment suddenly. I called my land lady - apparently they bombed the apartment next to me so I got guests. I am FREAKING OUT. And leaving. Now.

fashinjunkie09 04-06-2010 06:59 PM

sotypical, yes I know exactly what you mean! Luckily I don't make enough to have extra money for eating out right now lol. But when I start my new job in a couple weeks that will def be something I'll have to watch!

patchworkpenguin 04-06-2010 07:48 PM

Hubby went to the dr today because he has a muscle in his back that is hurting him. Maybe pulled; he was working on the fence yesterday. The Dr told he what to do for his back and also mentioned that his Chol is high at 210. While this isn't horrible its something that needs to be nipped in the bud. Dr gave him some eating guidelines, mostly what I've been doing anyway to lose weight. So my reaction to this is rather...glee-ful. He's not in any real danger and has to make the changes I've been trying to get him to make. So I feel vindicated! :yay:

Nicole, Double eeekkk on the bugs. I would leave, too.