3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   **April** Daily Accountability Check-In Everyone Welcome! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/198250-%2A%2Aapril%2A%2A-daily-accountability-check-everyone-welcome.html)

Beverlyjoy 04-14-2010 12:21 PM

To the baconfolks - I like Morningstar Boca (Soy) Bacon. My good friend who's a vegetarian ate it. I thought it must be gross - soy bacon?? But, one day I had a Boca Lettuce & Tomato sandwich for lunch at her house. It tastes good. The texture is different, of course. Two strips are 60 caloreis.

L R K 04-14-2010 12:25 PM

Beverlyjoy - I have never heard of soy bacon before - interesting ... do you find it with the other soy / meat replacement products in the grocery store?? Have you tried chicken or turkey bacon?? How does it compare taste wise??

sotypical 04-14-2010 12:49 PM

So my favourtie place in the food court at the mall is a greek place called OPA Souvlaki - so I just went to their site for fun, and a chicken wrap with a greek salad is 550 calories. That just seems... to low :/ wow. I usually get the Gyros wrap (they dont have the calories listed for that one) and fries, so yea bad... but I didn't think it was possible to get a chicken wrap and greek salad for so low. huh, maybe Subway CAN change!

fashinjunkie09 04-14-2010 12:57 PM

I have a question for the bacon ladies as well. You all have said that regular bacon is like 300-380 cals a slice but the kind I have says "1 skillet cooked slice" is 60 cals (it's the regular thick cut kind). That's an awfully big difference...

Welcome Veil! That story about your son made me laugh out loud I can't wait til mine gets that age I love it!

Courtnie, I love falafels would you mind sharing your baked recipe?

Good morning all! :wave: I hope you are having a great Wednesday so far!

4/14/2010 Check-in:

Breakfast (270)
small cup of coffee w/ 2 tbsp ff Coffee Mate cinnamon creamer- 50
1 whole wheat extra fiber English muffin toasted- 120
1 100 cal packet strawberry cream cheese- 100
H2O- 0

Lunch (470)
tomato, red onion, and feta salad- 70
2 oz grilled chicken- 55
1 tbsp homemade honey/mustard/evoo dressing- 70
1 whole wheat extra fiber English muffin toasted- 120
2 tbsp hummus- 50
1 medium banana- 105
H2O- 0

Snack PM (175)
3 oz baby carrots- 35
2 tbsp light ranch dip- 60
1 peach light & fit yogurt- 80
H2O- 0

Dinner: (475)
2 slices lean ham steak- 140
2/3 cup 2% lf mac n' cheese- 220
1 cup steamed carrots, broccoli, and cauliflour- 40
1/2 Dr Pepper- 75

= apprx 1,445 calories

Diana3271 04-14-2010 01:26 PM

Well, the talk about bacon continues. :D I'm not a fan of cooking bacon because of all the grease, etc. My favorite bacon product right now is Tyson's Thick Cut Fully Cooked Hickory Bacon. I always cook it in the pan to heat it up and get it crispy. This removes even more fat and grease. I used to use Oscar Mayer, but the Tyson product is thicker and has more substance. It can literally be ready in less than a minute.

Ha Ha Chocolate doesn't even draw as much conversation as bacon does. ;) :D

sotypical 04-14-2010 01:39 PM

http://republicofbacon.com/

Fashin - I am going to have my recipe for the falafels I did last night on my blog at some point today (EDIT: here it is). I have made them a few times, but the ones I made last night were amazing! As for bacon, the stuff I have seen is 300-380 for two slices - 60 calories a slice is great! I am talking about your regular maple leaf (or whatever) pre-packged stuff.

Huh, now I feel pretty dumb. I looked up Maple Leaf bacon and it is saying 220 calories for 3 slices! What the heck was I looking at in the store then? Geez, seriously. I am sorry. I must of picked up the wrong package or something. Or maybe it will really thick bacon! Sorry again.

patchworkpenguin 04-14-2010 01:42 PM

Since everyone else is talking about bacon I will too!

I don't like bacon. If its in something else {especially with cheese} I'll eat it but bacon by itself, not so much. I have tried turkey bacon and its okay.

Welcome Veil :belly:

ValentineNicole 04-14-2010 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diana3271 (Post 3247907)
Well, the talk about bacon continues. :D I'm not a fan of cooking bacon because of all the grease, etc.

That's so funny, Diana, because I'm the polar opposite. The only reason I usually keep bacon is to save the grease, LOL. I'm too Southern! But really, it's one of the most delicious cooking fats ever, when used in moderation.
I just make sure to pat off the bacon slices real good after cooking, if I'm going to eat it.
Everyone - Make sure you NEVER pour grease out in the sink! It will do major damage. I even save tallow (beef fat) from ground beef and just toss it when the jar is full (I won't cook with that ;))

Today's daily menu:

Breakfast:
2 ounces Havarti cheese (That's a lazy breakfast, LOL)

Lunch:
4 ounces ground sirloin burger
Topped with 1/4 cup blue cheese (RF)

Meal 3:
6 ounce chicken breast cooked in a little olive oil
3 cups cucumber slices

Late meal:
If I get my Le Creuset, beef roast. If not, a pork tenderloin.

sotypical 04-14-2010 01:53 PM

More bacon talk.

The people who live in our basement suite always cook bacon. ALWAYS - at least twice a week. Man it stinks up the house. Ick. One time they dumped the grease outside on the rocks and my dog was eating it. I was so pissed I yelled at them. WHO DUMPS GREASE OUTSIDE? Yes I would like rats in the house, that sounds like a fantastic idea. Anyway - just had to get that little rant out. lol

ParadiseFalls 04-14-2010 03:03 PM

Yikes! Yesterday was bad.

Rice Krispies, 2% 240
Lean Cuisine 200
SmartOnes cookie 170
Bean taco 210
Pintos n Cheese 183
Fat-free popcorn 100
2 apples 120
Was ok until...birthday day at work.
1 slice of cake ~500? (no idea)
1 slice cheese and mushroom pizza 272

Total: 1995 :mad:

Breakfast:
1/2 cup granola [60]
Iced coffee with half-and-half and Equal [160]

Snack:
100-calorie pack [100]

Lunch:
Soft taco shell with corn, black beans, onions and red peppers [230]
Weight Watchers dessert cup [170]

Dinner:
Subway foot-long wheat bread with veggie patty, tomato, lettuce, lite mayo and American cheese [740]
large diet coke [0]
Snack:
1.5L water [0]
Apple [60]
Fat-free popcorn mini bag [100]

Total: 1620

Beverlyjoy 04-14-2010 04:07 PM

LaurenA - you find the Morningstar Boca Bacon in the Frozen Food section. Sometimes it's with the breakfast stuff, sometimes the vegetarian meats, sometimes in the 'natural' frozen food sections.

I have tasted turkey bacon...I think it tastes good. Boca does taste a little bit different - maybe it's the texture. (but, they both taste like bacon...turkey bacon and boca)

I think I stick with Boca Bacon because it cooks in the microwave in about a minute, is easy to get two slices from the freezer (comes apart easily) and I like the taste.

Probably, the Boca Bacon is a bit more costly.

I might add, however, if I was cooking something that required some 'fried bacon' as an ingredient - I don't think I would use the Boca Bacon that way.

sotypical 04-14-2010 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy (Post 3248149)
I think I stick with Boca Bacon because it cooks in the microwave in about a minute, is easy to get two slices from the freezer (comes apart easily) and I like the taste.

I cook my turkey bacon in the microwave! 1-2 minutes. Is harder from frozen though because it sticks together. But it lasts forever in the fridge!

Beverlyjoy 04-14-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sotypical (Post 3248169)
I cook my turkey bacon in the microwave! 1-2 minutes. Is harder from frozen though because it sticks together. But it lasts forever in the fridge!

I am going to check out the turkey bacon. It seems to me the last time I bought it, it said to use with ten days of opening and I ended up throwing it away. I could be mistaken on that, however. It's been about five years since I bought turkey bacon.

My mom buys the pre-cooked regular bacon. (it's not refrigerated until opened) It's about 70 calories for 4 slices. One brand she got (oscar meyer). That I know it has to be used up quickly after opening the package. It tastes good.

fashinjunkie09 04-14-2010 05:09 PM

Beverly, I might have to try that I've seen Morningstar burger pattys and sausages but never bacon it sounds pretty good.

Nicole, you're like my mom with bacon grease lol. It is really good just in moderation like you said.

Diana, we use the Oscar meyer kind I've never seen any already cooked but then I've never really looked so I'll have to keep my eye out for that.

Courtnie, it's ok I was just wondering what kind of bacon you were talking about so I never buy it! Lol

sotypical 04-14-2010 05:10 PM

Beverlyjoy - I am pretty sure my bacon was good for like a month? Now I am worried. It isn't as good microwaved but for a quick breakfast it works great. That pre-cooked bacon sounds good though and low in calories, might have to check that out! I just like a little something on my egg white sandwiches. I have tried the veggie breakfast patties too - they are good, it's just the price of that stuff that gets me.

Fashin - LOL, good call. Stay away from the high calorie bacon! But now I am interested to see if I can find some lower. I NEVER EVER EVER eat real bacon. I don't miss it but every now and then I go man, I want some real bacon.