Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 04-01-2010, 12:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 236/?/132

Height: 5'6"

Default Never been skinny, so I wonder about things...

I wonder whats so bad about "fat sex" - is skinny sex really all that much better??

I wonder what its like to sit down in a bathtub and not be wedged into the sides... I also wonder what its like to not sit down and make the tub overflow, or even more so - to have my belly covered in the water!!

I wonder what its like to walk into a store and pick anything off the rack - not just the biggest size and hope it fits or else you are out of luck!

I wonder what its like to feel agile...

I wonder what its like to not slouch and support some of your upper body weight on the belly-shelf.

I wonder what its like to have a picture taken of you and not work to conceal the double chin by finding the perfect angle...

I wonder what its like to cross your legs on an airplane...

I wonder what swim suit shopping feels like.

I wonder what it feels like to lay on your belly and not float on your belly fat.. Do you really feel your hips or ribs on the ground??

I wonder what its like to be physically picked up by a man...

What do you wonder about? Or what do you have answers to? What answers did you find as you lost weight??

Last edited by GonnaTurnHeads; 04-01-2010 at 12:23 PM.
GonnaTurnHeads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #2  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I can completely identify with all that you've listed... There's a great thread in the maintainer's forum called something like: "how does it feel to be thin?" - similar to this only backwards.

Fat sex isn't that bad, in fact not bad at all... but skinny is so much better! I can move around freely now and I don't feel like I'm squishing the hubby or that he's squishing me.
Granted I've lost a lot, but I still can't get the water in the tub to cover my belly, lol. Maybe someone else has experienced this?
I still can't pick up just anything off the rack, although my choices of what looks good on me has expanded quite a bit!
I'm still working on the picture thing and trying to remember there is no double chin to conceal... I've heard it takes a while to get comfy in your new body...
I rarely fly so I've not tried to cross my legs on an airplane, but I can now cross my legs under my desk at work - effortlessly. It really is a great feeling!
I've not yet braved the swim suit shopping either, though I do have a few suits at home from years ago that I will be trying on soon...
I can't lie on the floor anymore It hurts my ribs and my hips! I don't seem to mind not lying on the floor...
My husband can actually just pick me up now instead of laboring to pick me up. Not only that, but he can carry me to the bedroom!

There are a lot of niceties now that I'm smaller. I hadn't really thought of many of those so thank YOU for making me see! You're doing so well in your losses and I'm sure you'll be answering your own questions very soon!!!
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 211/178/150 LW:161

Height: 5'6

lol. I wonder too!
vixxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:37 PM   #4  
Loser :-)

S/C/G: 273/251/175

Height: 5ft8

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonnaTurnHeads View Post
I wonder whats so bad about "fat sex" - is skinny sex really all that much better??
My boyfriend and I are both fat so I can only imagine what skinny sex is like. I imagine it would be nice to not have two pillows of chub stuck between us when we really want to be close...

I wonder what it's like to look down and actually see my feet or my girly parts!

Last edited by Michelle98272; 04-01-2010 at 12:38 PM.
Michelle98272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:58 PM   #5  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

Height: 5'6

I have two answers for sure.

Bathing suit shopping is awesome when you are comfortable with your body. I got to goal before heading to Barbados and went out and bought the best bikini I could afford, and the one that made me feel the best in it. I wore it all the time.

Being picked up by a man, regardless of my size, always feels great. It makes me feel little and petite (I have never thought of myself as either of those things). My boyfriend picks me up without a struggle (I wouldn't say he's comfortable keeping me up there for long, though), and I love it.

Can't wait for you to know all these answers for yourself
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:38 PM   #6  
Watch Me Shrink!

S/C/G: 168/159/135

Height: 5'2

I can answer one and kind of answer another.

I'm still not thin but I do know what it feels like to be picked up. It feels good. It makes me feel like a lady. Sometimes when you get so big, you stop feeling feminine and dainty, you just feel clunky. I remember 80 pounds ago I wouldn't even let anyone attempt to pick me up.

As far as skinny sex, can't answer that, lol, but I can say it's easier when you lose weight. You can have sex in more places (car) and it's much easier to move your legs around. You don't have to work around your fat as much.

Now to my wonders.

I wonder what it's like to throw on a dress without shapewear underneath it.

I wonder what it's like to wear what looks good rather than what camouflages certain areas.

I wonder what it's like to not wonder if you're going to be the heaviest woman.

I also wonder what it's like to not have to find creative ways to look thinner in photos.

Last edited by SlimBy2011; 04-01-2010 at 01:38 PM.
SlimBy2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #7  
Cute and Chubby

S/C/G: 205/ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Aww this post made me kinda sad for some reason. I totally understand the photo thing- that's probably what I wonder about, too.
MikoMarcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:50 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/125

Height: 5'

I can't answer any of those, but I love the questions! I can totally relate to them.

I've wondered about the bathing suite one. It's one of my biggest motivators. And yes, the sex one too. Of course!

I wonder at how much more energy I'll have.

And I really wonder what it'll be like to no longer be the "fat one" in the family. Trust me, my family is very supportive and no one has ever called me the fat one. It's my own issue.
Gold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 243/190/150

Height: 5'4"

I don't wonder. I remember. But it's been a while for any of those :-( Makes me sad to think I got this way. I quit smoking to feel healthier. So far, I just ate and ate and now all I feel is fat.

This IS a temporary condition, though. One...miserable...pound...at...a...time. I WILL get my life back!

Barb
angelskeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 02:32 PM   #10  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I can answer a few of those, but still wonder about the rest.

I was still fat when my boyfriend was home (he's deployed to Iraq now), so I haven't experienced skinny(er) sex, lol. I am looking forward to it though, if anything, I'll be FAR less inhibited. I'll just have to think about enjoying it rather than wondering if he can see my tummy, lol.

I bought my first bikini ever about a month ago and I'm thrilled with it. I haven't worn it in public yet, but I put it on in front of the mirror sometimes, haha. I still don't feel completely comfy in it, but the fact that I don't hate how I look in a bikini is amazing to me. I still wonder what it's like to wear a bikini out in public and not think anything of it.

I also wonder what it's like to to walk normally and not have your inner thighs rub...I doubt I could ever get that skinny and stay healthy, I carry a lot of chub there, lol.

I wonder what it's like to be told you should eat a cheeseburger (I'm sure we all have skinny friends who, even if they're healthy, we always tell them "you need to eat a burger!").

I wonder what it's like to go through a day without thinking about weight at all.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:09 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 176/143/138

Height: 5'7

My few observations on those ponderings!

I wonder what its like to feel agile...

Its something you take for granted after awhile. Its great to be able to just move the way the body was intended to move. I love it when I am running downhill cross country and I can just FLY knowing i'll be able to dodge the rocks and roots and keep my balance with ease.

I wonder what its like to not slouch and support some of your upper body weight on the belly-shelf.

I still have moments of slouching hehe. But seriously... this one is more about correcting your posture than losing weight. Though one would help the other to a degree. Holding yourself up and straight will also strengthen your core muscles.

I wonder what its like to have a picture taken of you and not work to conceal the double chin by finding the perfect angle...

Still a camera phobe! But thats just me. I DO let more photos be taken of me now but I still have that "perfect angle" lol. My boyfriend tells me I'm nuts and look good any which way in a photo... but thats just him :P

Uncomfortable. Planes were not built for comfort whether your skinny or fat, short or tall! Just recently came back from France and after 27 hours on a plane I can tell you that it doesnt matter if legs are crossed, uncrossed or tied into pretzels... its sucks! :P

Good Though there is still the challenge of finding that perfect suit! I have practically no boobs and hips that go on forever so for me its finding something that makes the most of what i dont have and hides all that I do lol.

I wonder what it feels like to lay on your belly and not float on your belly fat.. Do you really feel your hips or ribs on the ground??

Yes, you most definitely DO feel both your ribs and hips on the ground. If its a hard surface its not the most comfortable feeling ever :P

Now this one can be linked to wondering what skinny sex is like
Same as another post above having a guy physically pick me up makes me feel so little and tiny I love it
As for skinny sex...well! Its so much more athletic, imaginative, flexible... so many new positions, places you can do it... yeah, its not toooo shabby at all :P

Mkendrick - My thighs still rub as well and I know from sad personal experience that only at 110 pounds (yes, eating issues) they didn't. My thighs are just set to close together and I'm a pear. I have just had to learn to deal with it lol.

Last edited by Lyria; 04-01-2010 at 05:16 PM.
Lyria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #12  
Closet health nut!

S/C/G: S268/C170s/G140s

Height: Officially 5'-6"

I wonder whats so bad about "fat sex" - is skinny sex really all that much better?? Any sex is good but skinny sex is on a whole other level, but be forwarned it may take some getting used to. You may be more insecure at first because you've never done it.

I wonder what its like to sit down in a bathtub and not be wedged into the sides... I also wonder what its like to not sit down and make the tub overflow, or even more so - to have my belly covered in the water!! I've always had really big tubs so this was never really an issue, but I can equate it to what it's like now going to restaurants and sitting in booths and wondering why the table seems so far away now when my belly used to hang over.

I wonder what its like to walk into a store and pick anything off the rack - not just the biggest size and hope it fits or else you are out of luck! Amazing and sooooo much fun! Expensive too. Sometimes now the problem is all the sizes they have are too big for me, so there is still going to be disappointment sometimes.

I wonder what its like to feel agile... I know LOVE running and it's because I feel light on my feet and I want to push myself to go the distance

I wonder what its like to not slouch and support some of your upper body weight on the belly-shelf. Ahhhh....I still slouch, this one is overrated

I wonder what its like to have a picture taken of you and not work to conceal the double chin by finding the perfect angle... This too is wonderful, and it keeps getting better. I have any entire decade of my life that is barely documented and a trip to Europe that I hide from the camera. Now I just don't worry about it, in fact I'm usually suprised to see the photos...Is that ME?????

I wonder what its like to cross your legs on an airplane... Now this one I can't tell you how convenient and amazing this is. Not just on airplanes, anywhere. I couldn't cross my legs at the movies, a restaurant, in fact I couldn't cross them period.

I wonder what swim suit shopping feels like.I have yet to do this, and am dreading it a little bit. I'm a bit sagging in spots (boobies and upper legs) and I still prefer to cover up

I wonder what it feels like to lay on your belly and not float on your belly fat.. Do you really feel your hips or ribs on the ground?? Yes and it hurts, sometimes I miss the belly for that reason

You feel so small and vunerable

What do you wonder about? Or what do you have answers to? What answers did you find as you lost weight??
ncuneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/ticker/120

Height: 5'2

Being picked up by a guy is the best.When I was 120 my boyfriend used to throw me over his shoulder all the time.He can still pick me up but I don't let him because i'm scared i'll hurt him.
Katieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #14  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

This is a great thread. Lots of the same things for me... a big one is the being picked up thing. Never been picked up before. I remember years ago my boyfriend lifted his sister up and I almost cried and thought, "why can't I be skinny enough for him to do that to me!"

I think the sex is better now that we have both lost weight. But it was great before too

I think it would be soooooo amazing to walk and not have my legs rub together - but I don't think that will ever happen.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:49 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 150/128/125

Height: 5'8"

I love this! So many things I've thought but never said out loud. My thoughts...

I wonder what its like to feel agile

Amazing feeling. I'm extremely energetic and sometimes a bit restless so I'm always wanting to be moving. I'm like a whirlwind no matter what I do! And I love that my body allows me to do that.

Always been uncomfortable taking posed photos. Catch me unawares and i'm great but the whole "Say cheese" thing just causes me to freeze up and panic about how I will look in those photos. But I've been very happy with the way I look in recent photos

I have really long legs so terribly uncomfortable. Until I flew the A380 in January and it was fantastic! I could stretch, bring my legs up, not have them knock the seat in front of me and cross them. Heaven!

At 128 pounds I still don't know. I'm not one for showing my body off in public no matter my weight - I don't know if I ever will be. But heading to the beaches of Thailand this summer so maybe, just maybe this is the year

More uncomfortable now for sure! I love sleeping on my tummy and I do a lot of wriggling before I can find a comfortable spot to rest my ribs and hipbones, lol! And this on a bed. But it's worth it!

Always been a weird one for me. I've never been the most graceful creature and even though I'm thin I feel awkward when it happens. I'm all arms and legs. I always thought that being picked up was made for small, petite girls, not tall, gangly ones! Maybe I need to find the right (read very tall!) man. Still on the lookout!

Great thread - it has me smiling

Last edited by Tagan47; 04-01-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Tagan47 is offline   Reply With Quote