Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

Height: 5'6

Default Resisting the cupcake....

in my office kitchen..right now.. are these big, beautiful, scrumptious looking cupckaes. I've had a rough week... im craving them.. and they're not just the crummy supermarket cupcakes... but from a local bakery and they are to die for. Tell me why i shouldn't have one!! Im drowning here...
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:44 PM   #2  
Es ist ein neuer Tag!

S/C/G: Highest 280+

Height: 5' 7"

You should not have one because you have worked too hard . . . kind of like a saying I read on this site "I have worked too hard to take orders from a cookie" or in this case, a cupcake. And . . . . having a cupcake is not going to fix what has gone wrong with your week.
MamaP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:45 PM   #3  
Beautylicious

S/C/G: 148/144/135

If they are from a local bakery, you could have one anytime. You don't need to eat it today. If you still really want one tomorrow, go get one. Free food does not equal good food! Don't eat it just because it's there. Eat it because you truly, truly want it, you'll enjoy every bite, you won't feel guilty, and it won't totally throw your daily food plan off-kilter.

You are a grown up. You can eat a cupcake anytime. Those cupcakes aren't special. You could have one if you wanted. You are simply making a healthy choice not to have one.

...is that helping?
CharlieBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:46 PM   #4  

Can you eat half and work it into your plan? That's what I'd do :-) I mean, if they're worth it, they're worth it! ;-)
ValentineNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 01:47 PM   #5  
aka christina :)

S/C/G: 142/118/116

Height: 5'5

because you're super close to goal .. & "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels!"
diornotwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:30 PM   #6  
Always drink your water..

S/C/G: 215/198.5/119

Height: 5'1"

Because you can have one any time, and you really don't need one today - you're doing fabulously already, without needing any bolstering from an over-fatty, over-sugary confection! And anyway, the sudden sugar rush will probably give you a headache!

Leave it in the box for someone who needs it more than you do!
Dippy Chip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:49 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 197/136/128

You guys are AMAZING. Seriously – I cannot believe how quickly everyone responded! And your answers/advice was spot on!

Im happy to report – I DID resist the cupcakes… and the pasta salad too, which is a huuuge weakness of mine usually. I needn’t something sweet-ish to sort of end my lunch, so I got a cup of coffee.

Thank you!
alexandraT is offline   Reply With Quote