Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-09-2010, 04:49 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 216/212.6/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Lower Stomach

I am doing great on my weight loss so far but I have hit a small plateau that I am trying to push through. I get so discouraged though when i know my sagging lower stomach is going to look horrible even with my weight loss. I just feel like crying, how am I going to afford a tummy tuck? I know that is what I will be facing in order to wear a bikini, and that is what my goal is. I will wear a bikini no matter what! That is my main goal in this whole weight loss thing. I just get so sad about this, when I am walking on the treadmill (they have full length mirrors all across where the treadmills are) I see that lower gut bouncing around and I just want to scream! I haven't seen anyone else on here talk about this being a problem for them, am I alone?
KyAngel1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:02 PM   #2  

I too suffer with a sagging lower gut, and it may be the last to go, I see progress in my upper body all the way to belly button, but that lower pooch isn't budging. Hopefully we will both lose that last
tiggergirl9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:12 PM   #3  
Losing weight since 2009

S/C/G: 310/138/132

Height: 5'7

There are lots of us here with sagging skin, myself included. My starting weight was a lot higher than your but I've developed the lower pooch sag too. It's discouraging because I know it won't go away, it may get a little better in time but the only way to make it disappear is with a tummy tuck. I very much hate that pooch, especially since it gives me a belly when I'd otherwise be flatter. Still, as much as I hate the sagging skin it's much better than the fat. I try to think positive, and as many flaws as there are with my body, I'd rather have those fat battle scars than be obese. Also, throughout my journey I've have very realistic expectations about my body. After being 300+ lbs my body is scarred and even when I reach my goal weight I will not look like a model. I'm 27 years old and I have saggy skin on my tummy/thighs/arms, stretch marks, and I doubt I'll ever be able to wear a bikini. It stinks, but like I said before I'd rather deal with that than be 'fat.'
Gracie789 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:21 PM   #4  

Thank you both so much for your replies! I was just having a pity party I guess and wanted people to join me! I have to think positive, who knows what my belly will look like when all is said and done? I tend to be a negative thinker and thats got to stop! Right along with my oh poor me, I'm so depressed so I'll eat mentality.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:23 PM   #5  
loving my beautiful self

Height: 5'5"

That's so hard, I know I've been there myself. All I can really say at this point is to keep on going. Maybe you'll find surprises along the way that will help you adjust, finance any procedures you wish to have done, or find beauty where you couldn't see it before. A wonderful person on here once said: You were beautiful before, after, and during this process. I fully believe that's true. Focus on the beauty you already feel within yourself, and allow your body to be.. you'll be able to figure out how you want to proceed once you reach your goal.

Here's a and wishes that your "after" experience is much more loving and pleasing than the sadness and worry in the moment.

Last edited by beautifulone; 03-09-2010 at 05:24 PM.
beautifulone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:31 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/184/130ish - 33 y.o.

Height: 5'2"

sadly, my tummy was sagging when i was a skinny fat high schooler at 135. it's something i know will always be there with me... and maybe one day i'll do something surgical about it... but i figure, if that's all that i'm left with, halleluja. keep on keepin' on.
jlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:52 PM   #7  

Thank you again guys, so so much. I feel better now! Now if I could just get over this dang weight loss plateau.... its only been a week at the same weight and I know that everyone goes through this .... but gee, I have worked myself to death this week!
Old 03-09-2010, 06:03 PM   #8  
Soul Cyster

S/C/G: 235/seeticker/135

Height: 5'3"

You could also add in weight training to help tighten up the skin as you lose weight I find that my saggy arms are looking better since I've started doing weights the past 3-4 weeks, even my hubby noticed!
beerab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #9  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

The skin on my lower abdomen and arms sags extremely! I WILL FIND A WAY TO GET THEM SURGICALLY ALTERED! There has to be a way. If it involves being in debt, or whatever. I am 20 years old, and I did not do all this work to still be repulsed when i see my flaps. And no I will not get used to it. That is just my self...just wanna let you know that it's on my mind everyday.
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 07:43 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

Yep I have saggy belly skin too, mine is actually worse above my belly button, it sags pretty bad at this point, it's extremely annoying and I don't know anyone whose stomach looks like mine. People always think my jeans are too tight because my tummy is hanging over them but I promise you they are not, it's just how my stomach is. :-( A bikini is not in my future. I can't even wear a tankini because this stupid flap hangs out, it's kinda gross and I hope it goes away with the next 45 lbs. So you are not alone this sorta thing is an issue for many.
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 270/230/165

Height: 5'9"

I am putting away money now for an eventual brachioplasty (upper arm tuck) just in case. My condition on it, though, is that I have to maintain my goal weight for a year before I'm allowed to have any sort of surgery. That will prove to me I can do it.

If you're serious about getting a tummy tuck, it might not be a bad idea to start putting some money into a savings account. Even if it's only fifty bucks a month, it will still offset the cost to some degree.
jennyplain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 240/190/140

Height: 5'8"

I seem to carry a lot of weight in the area above my thighs and below my belly button. It's like having a butt on both sides (I'm exaggerating, but I'm sure if I continued gaining weight it would!). I can only imagine how awful it'll look when I lose weight. :P I wish I could keep it toned, but there aren't really any muscles there I can exercise. I'm hoping if I work in my abs it'll pull the skin up.

Last edited by Rythm; 03-09-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Rythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:18 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

It is definately an issue a lot of us deal with! I think working out and ab exercise do help a lot, it least it has for me so far (enough to tell the difference which is better than nothing!).

I can tell it's only going to help so much though...
bensempress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 10:02 AM   #14  
Cute and fun to be with

S/C/G: 250/ticker/125

Height: 5' 5.5"

What gets me is my stomach is getting worse as I lose weight. It has less in it now, so it just sorta hangs and sways. So not appealing!

But I am very early into my journey, so I have hopes that it will shrink.
knobhdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 11:14 AM   #15  
Age 53

S/C/G: 265/ticker/165

Height: 5'7"

I swear, that "pot belly" (what we called it in my family growing up) has caused me so much anguish and distorted body image. Because it's been there as soon as my figure changed to womanly, I have seen myself as fat. I was 5'5, 135 lbs but because I had that belly...

So I now refuse to focus on that part of my anatomy as I lose weight. It was there 38 years ago, it's going to be there when I'm done and I'm not going to let its presence rule my body image anymore!!!

Rant over, thank you for bringing up the subject.
caryesings is offline   Reply With Quote