Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-09-2010, 09:58 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Height: 5'9"

Default The Common Cold Puts Everything on Hold

Sunday, Monday, today, and probably tomorrow have been spent sick in bed.

Not the kind of flu sickness where you lose your appetite. I have had a blasted cold in my nose/sinus area and suspect it is not leaving before the week is over.

This is SO frustrating. I was doing so well, exercising everyday and eating on plan.

Now, I am unable to exercise and all I want to eat are carbs and sugar (normally I don't want this sort of food at all, the medicine must make me crave sugars). And I have to eat frequently, or else the medicine makes me nauseous.

I just need to do a little complaining.

I am keeping control of my calories, counting and limiting them to 1500 - which is approx. 300 more than normal days and without exercise. I'm just SO hungry. Bleh - I'm hoping that will allow me to maintain and not gain too much until this stinking cold is over with! I feel I could easily woof down 3000 calories of cookies at this point.

What is going on with my appetite?

On a more positive note, I have had plenty of time to catch up on all the latest 3FC conversations!
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/159/148

Update: I was doing some internet research and found that one of the major ingredients in Benadryl is a major appetite stimulant.

People are often prescribed Benadryl by their doctor as a sleep aid and for allergies and they find themselves gaining weight in a short period of time while on it - they find themselves ravenously hungry (I can attest to that).

Sooooooo- beware of Benadryl!
bonnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:02 AM   #3  
Back in Action

S/C/G: 213/197/140

Height: 5'6"

I usually don't take anything when I have a cold. Nothing really helps me anyway, except time and lots of steamy showers. Hope you feel better soon.

Oh by the way, (I'll probably jinx myself by saying this). 2 winters ago I had cold, after cold and then a nasty flu. Around 6 illness over the course of the winter months. Last year, (well into my journey) I had 1. So far this year, I have only had one, and it was way back in November. I also have been out and about 10X's more than I was 2 years ago. Seems my immune system has greatly improved with my healthy diet.

Last edited by Lori Bell; 02-09-2010 at 11:02 AM.
Lori Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 08:35 PM   #4  
ars
looking for onederland

S/C/G: 300/ticker/165

Have you tried Affrin 12 Hour? I was a little scared of it, but now that I've tried it, I love it! It literally takes me from miserable dry mouth breathing to nose breathing in 2 to 3 minutes. You just have to be careful not to use it for more than 2 or 3 days or you can get rebound congestion.
ars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:25 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 172/156/145

Height: 5'4"

I'm sorry you are feeling sick. Illness has always derailed my attempts to lose weight in the past. Its one of the reasons I decided to use a meal delivery service this time. Even if I'm too sick to cook or shop I still have my food to keep me on plan.

I hope your feeling better real soon.
Sammyann is offline   Reply With Quote