Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-28-2010, 06:50 PM   #1  
Getting there lbs by lbs

S/C/G: 346/260/184

Height: 6

Default I keep cheating

I was doing so well on the Extreme Fat Smash Diet I actually lost almost 20 pounds in less than two weeks. And it's noticeable...

However this last week I find myself cheating more and more. So I'm starting the dieting cycle over.

This time around I plan on filming (video blogging) my journey and hopefully I stay on track...

How do you fight the urge?
tryinghardtolose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:59 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

I ask myself, who am I cheating?
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:01 PM   #3  
Getting there lbs by lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobig View Post
I ask myself, who am I cheating?
Good question!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 07:02 PM   #4  
On my way

S/C/G: 262/210/159

Height: 5'2"

Extreme fat smash diet? What is that like? Is there a book or something?
mescelestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:16 PM   #5  
Getting there lbs by lbs

Dr. Ian Smith (from Celebrity Fit Club) designed this EXTREME diet based on scientific principles and proven research <---From the book. Basically you eat very specific foods and exercise. It teaches me discipline because the diet requires me to measure out my food and plan ahead.

You lose 12 pounds in three weeks. The diet is broken into three cycles each cycle has specific food plans and exercise (which changes daily).

I will be honest with you, the reason I'm starting to cheat is because I'm becoming a little bored with the food choice this Cycle, however I ruined my chances for my pancakes tomorrow because I'm starting over.

As the diet progresses you are allowed more tasty food like waffles and pancakes.

You eat every three hours and allotted two snacks (no more than 100 calories each). However you can eat all the pickles, peppers, celery, carrots you want because they are considered "free snacks".

Here's a sample of my journal:

Breakfast
Time
7:20am
Foods
Egg white omelet (2 egg white, 1 teaspoon onion, sprinkle of raw spinach, 1 tablespoon of rotel (diced tomatoes and green peppers) ¼ of skim milk)
Meal # 2
Time

Foods
Small veggie salad (raw spinach, romaine lettuce, 1/3 cup of green beans, few onions and sprinkle of carrots)

Meal # 3
Time

Foods
Can of tuna (plain) with greens (two servings)
Meal #4
Time
5:00pm
Foods
Cup of Black eyed peas with cup of rice

Snacks

Time
2 Graham Cracker Bed
Time
8:30pm 10 Animal Crackers and orange
Time
Celery and apple tablespoon peanut butter
Types and Quantity

Exercise
Times:
Type and Duration
35 minutes

20 minutes on Elliptical and 15 minutes on Treadmill
Comments
Today I wasn’t as hungry as yesterday, partly because I worked out in the evening. I didn’t get a good rest, went to bed last night after 2am. I felt exhausted, going to bed in the 9 o’clock hour tonight. I missed my morning exercise.
Weigh-in: I lost seven pounds!!!

Last edited by tryinghardtolose; 01-28-2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 280-->150

Height: 5'7"

One thing I've found that works for me... whenever I screwup and binge over my calorie limit, I take the amount I went over and add it to what I call my "Exercise Debt". Then whenever I exercise, I subtract the calories burned from the debt. It reminds me how much my mistakes cost me, and hangs over my head like a warning light every time I eye a tasty.

Currently owe 2700 calories and counting. *sigh* You eat out a few nights and look what it gets you...
Jo Kittibuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 190/140/135

Height: 5'7"

If you get bored by an overly restrictive meal plan and feel the urge to eat offplan, perhaps a diet with an overly restrictive meal plan is not right for you?
Glory87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 11:32 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 182/173/140

Height: 5"5'

When I have the urge to munch at night (which comes A LOT), I try to find substitutes for my favorite munchies. Last night I was craving potato chips, so I chopped up a cucumber and put some salt and pepper on it. Still get the crunch I was craving, without all the calories! Also, if I want something sweet, I'll have myself some apples and honey. If I can substitute one bad thing, it makes me feel better in the end. HTH!
Sara81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:09 AM   #9  

S/C/G: ticker

Height: 5'6.25''

Quote:
Originally Posted by tryinghardtolose View Post
I was doing so well on the Extreme Fat Smash Diet I actually lost almost 20 pounds in less than two weeks. And it's noticeable...

However this last week I find myself cheating more and more. So I'm starting the dieting cycle over.

This time around I plan on filming (video blogging) my journey and hopefully I stay on track...

How do you fight the urge?
This doesnt work for everyone, but when I get cravings I have a glass of hot tea. I wait 30 minutes and if the craving is still there, I allow myself a SMALL portion of whatever it is. Small meaning a few bites. It hasnt seemed to stall my efforts at all and sometimes after the tea, I dont even want the food anymore. I have also been told that when you get a craving, you should brush your teeth. That has worked on numerous occasions as well. Hope this helps and good luck on your journey. You can do it!
170starting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #10  
Getting there lbs by lbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck View Post
One thing I've found that works for me... whenever I screwup and binge over my calorie limit, I take the amount I went over and add it to what I call my "Exercise Debt". Then whenever I exercise, I subtract the calories burned from the debt. It reminds me how much my mistakes cost me, and hangs over my head like a warning light every time I eye a tasty.

Currently owe 2700 calories and counting. *sigh* You eat out a few nights and look what it gets you...
That sounds like an awesome plan!!!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:28 PM   #11  
Calorie counter

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glory87 View Post
If you get bored by an overly restrictive meal plan and feel the urge to eat offplan, perhaps a diet with an overly restrictive meal plan is not right for you?
I most strongly agree with this. I did South Beach and did pretty well, but ultimately it didn't work because it was too restrictive for me. I tried calorie counting and it's totally sustainable. I don't have cravings outside of the occasional desire for chocolate. It works for me. I suggest you find what works for you.
Eliana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:40 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Where are you getting the cheat foods? I simply can't have some things in the house. Just can't er I'll eat 'em.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:05 PM   #13  

Height: 5'4"

I find that if I think about eating in the following way, I have a lot easier time staying on track:

There's nothing I'm not allowed to have - only what I choose to eat and what I don't. I can have cake, and there's nothing inherently wrong with that - it's not "cheating" - but it's not bringing me closer to my goal. So I think about how much I want to achieve my goal, and why I want to, and that helps keep me on track without that "want what I can't have" craving.
Expunge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:07 AM   #14  
No more +sizes

Height: 5'4"

I count calories and have been doing great. I can't do restrictive but I have to restrict myself for progress sake. For instance, I found that weight watchers has ice cream bars and sandwiches that could be used as my afternoon or evening snack. They are only 120 - 140 calories. I usually have enough of a deficit calorie wise to eat one. However if I workout that evening after having one or the morning following an evening of having one, I am very winded during my workout. That's just me though. So I decided that those aren't for me even though the very tasty. So I can have them but they cause me to be defeated in an important area and it's not worth it to me. I have too far to go and have made more progress than I thought I would in four weeks.

I do think if this level is boring you have to have a mental shift if you are going to continue this plan. Come up with a way to make it interesting.
jigglefree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 240/ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo Kittibuck View Post
Brilliant...i may have to borrow this idea!!
innae is offline   Reply With Quote