Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-22-2010, 03:14 PM   #1  
--Writer--

S/C/G: 227/220.2/199

Wink Weight Loss Rules for College

I've been working on trying to lose weight while at college. While I have made some good changes, like going to painful exercise classes and eating more veggies, I still have a lot of progress to make.

My small goal is to get under the 220-mark... (Woohoo!) Then, 210. And finally, under 200. (I haven't contemplated past that.)

So, I've made a few small rules to help me with my goals. I plan to stick with these for one whole month and see how they work.

1. Stop eating by 9, except for orange juice, milk, low-calorie yogurt, and water. (I have a tendency to eat a lot of calories at night...and possibly go over my calorie limit. While I know the whole eating at night thing is a myth, I think it'll help to cut myself off from food. I have a tendency to eat whole meals for a 'snack.')

2. Drink diet soda at only one meal a day. (This is mostly just to improve my health.)

3. I can only have candy twice a week. (I LOVE candy. We have this little convenience store on campus with one of those things where you can get different candies...and then the weight of your candy equals the cost. So, I want to cut back...but not completely yet.)

4. I can only have a fried food, bagel with cream cheese, or a pasta-related item once a day. (We have all of these in the caf., so I need to learn to limit this.)

5. DO 30-60 minute work-outs 5x a week. (This part is much easier. I love working out!)

6. I can only go out to eat once a week.

7. Eat at least two pieces of fruit a day! (I eat TONS of veggies. But not enough fruit. So, I need to work on that.)

Are there any changes I should make, guys? Do these sound good?
PastelApple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 249.2/see ticker/125

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Those sound like good, let's call them guidelines. Rules are meant to be be broken . I to am in school full time (old lady going back). Community college, still working 20 or so hours and 3 kids, a dog and a husband. Sometimes being so busy with school makes me tell myself that I deserve ______for being so tired, stressed, hardworking. I am working on saying to myself that those things are actually punishing myself and if I truly want to be good to myself than eat something healthy, take a bath, take a nap, or exercise. Like I said, I'm working on it. Good luck to you in school and your weight loss efforts!!
kmac1196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 03:41 PM   #3  
SE Asia, baby

S/C/G: 232/141/132

Height: 5'5

Sounds like a solid list of rules! I'm a student in college too, so I know how rough it can be sometimes. Good luck!
graciegoose13 is offline   Reply With Quote