Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2002, 01:08 PM   #16  

Coffee break time....done with cleaning except my office which I think will wait until after I mow...plus I can clean in here and talk to you guys at the same time.

How is Minnesota weather for you Baylee and Syn?
Old 08-10-2002, 03:59 PM   #17  
a work in progress...

hmmmm...traffic is very light again...must be nice to have a life...sigh...I guess I'll get my arse outside into the sunshine...got home from woek this am and literally passed out til about 3:00...I hate wasting my day sleeping! Even though I obviously needed that!

Diet is going well...very well...I have been getting on the scale everyday...I think, for now, it keeps me in line. I'm seeing good things, but do not want to commit to a number til next Wednesday...it's keeping me focused.

Well...I'm outta here...see you all later.
Old 08-10-2002, 04:25 PM   #18  

Talking I Survived!

Good afternoon my friends,

I'm baaack! Thought I should get another post in here before LUCKY comes back... my post is her reward for working so hard all day! Poor kid...

Well, my 12 hours yesterday with 9-month-old Ethan was super tiring. Have you ever heard of a baby that young that doesn't nap? Actually, he's pretty easy to take care of... the only problem was that I was exhausted so I wasn't my usual energetic self. I TRIED explaining that to him... but he just wouldn't listen!

When my pre-planned company arrived at 9:00pm last night for a evening of witty banner, I could hardly drag myself to the door. That said, about 2 minutes later, I COMPLETELY forgot I was tired and had a marvelous evening that lasted until 3:00am. I felt great!!! I think (and MARY will appreciate this) one of the things that made me feel so great was I was complimented over and over. I believe that a certain gentleman (as well as his fiancee, somehow) said that I wasn't only pretty, but sexy as well!!! Mind you, ppl WERE drinking! I did let myself enjoy the attention though--47 pounds down deserves it even though I've got so much further to go! Very inspiring!

J-ANN... I agree with 2CUTE! That trip was quite the impressive feat! I would think twice about attempting it, weight issues aside!

KAT... It sounds like you're doing awesome with your diet! I'm so happy for you! I also agree whole heartedly with your last post. If anybody missed it, it said:

HELLO OUT THERE! WHERE IS EVERYBODY?!

Well, seeing as how it's 4:30pm, I should probably get my recovering butt up and have a shower and get dressed!

Toodles and be back in a bit,
Sara
Old 08-10-2002, 05:55 PM   #19  
Progress..not perfection

Angry I'm back.........

and feeling a little bit better. The passing of my friend has hit me a lot harder than I anticipated. I have never had anyone really close to me pass before and it happened so quickly........I'm sorry, I don't mean to drag anyone down. I thank you all for your love and support. It has just been really really hard. She worked at the courthouse in the county clerks office and when me and my dh went to apply for our marriage certificate, she didn't wait to mail it out to us, she filled it out immediately so she could sign it. As a result, I have two.......the one that was mailed out and the one she filled out the day we came in. I always thought it was good luck for her signature to be on it, now it's even more special. But I'll stop talking about it now. I just wanted to thank all of you for your love and support.

Food has been terrible. I have been eating anything that is standing still. It's like I am two persons sometime. On the one hand, I am the person that knows if she continues to eat the way she does, she will not live to see her grandchildren. I am the person that sits down and makes a list of all the healthy foods she needs to buy & makes out meal plans of how to use them. I am the person that goes to the store and spends more money than she needs to buying low fat, low carb and low calorie items. I am the person that saves her money so she can pre pay for the 10 week program at WW. I am the person that takes the stairs in the mornings at work instead of the elevator. I am the person that just ordered "Walk away the Pounds for the Abs" by Leslie Sanson on QVC.
ON THE OTHER HAND.......................
I am the person that doesn't really care that I'm filling my body with grease everytime I shove in a cheeseburger. I am the person that lets all these healthy fat free foods rot in the cabinet or end up giving them away to the kids. I am the person that pays for the 10 week program at WW and then goes to one meeting and quits. I am the person that takes the elevator on the way home. I am the person that wonders if she just lost 35.00 by ordering "Walk away the Pounds for the Abs" by Leslie Sansone because they are just going to sit on top of the VCR with all of my other exercise videos.

I do not like this person. Either side of me. Sorry...........I guess you can tell I am still in a really bad mood. I just need something to tie myself together. I feel like I have been truly falling apart lately. Even as I'm sitting here typing this, I am about to go dig through my purse to see if I have any pre-pay weeks left on my WW, so I can go back on Monday and at the same time I'm wondering if I will really go or not. How pathetic is that? I feel like I'm just floating around in no direction in particular and I hate that. I felt so much better when I was in control of my life. I am turning back into this big fat blithering idiot. Sorry to bring you guys down, but if I can't talk to you, who can I talk to? No one else understands. I have to go now. I will be back later..................

Tina
Old 08-10-2002, 06:15 PM   #20  

Height: 5'2" on a tall day.

Hi Gang!

It's starting to get HOT here again. Darn it!

This morning I had to skip my aquajogging class and take a friend to the airport. When I got home it was still cool so I cleaned out the car. Boy Oh Boy did that need to get done. I found things I didn't even know were lost. So far so good eating wise. Found skinless/boneless chicken breasts on sale so I cranked up the Foreman, seasoned the chicken and cooked 4 huge pieces. Then I cut them up into dinner and lunch sizes and froze most of them. I'll be all set for quick meals for quite a few days. I also sprayed a Portobello mushroom with Pam and did that on the Foreman too. MMMMM Did I have a super lunch or what? Had chicken, the mushroom and a nice big salad. Of course, now I'm still full so I'll have to find something light, but with quite a few pts. for dinner.

SARA: 3 AM? God, I would never make it. Now if I had to get up and start my day at 3, that I think I could do. Am I mixed up or what? Glad you got some rest today.

KAT: Hey, sounds like food is treating you well. HURRAY! The list IS quiet but it's Saturday and it looks like the weather in most of the country is decent. Hpefully everyone is out enjoying a nice summer's day.

LUCKY: Aren't you the good one. Getting all your chores done today. When you finish, I'm only 20 hrs. or so, away by car. Want to come do my chores? I love to sit around and watch other people work.

THIN: OMG woman. When do you get a chance to go off program? You are one busy bee! You make me look like a slug.

HI to everyone else.

I'll try to get back later,
Old 08-10-2002, 06:28 PM   #21  

Tina, You snuck in while I was typing. Here's a {{{HUG}}} for you.

Those people live inside all of us. Boy do I recognize you're shopping for good stuff then tossing it. It's a shame that we do these things to ourselves but we do, and we learn, and all we can do is try to be the person who is going to be healthy and slimmer a lot more often than the person who sucks down burgers and sundaes and chips. (Wow, I certainly can't forget those chips. They call out to me like a siren.)

Do what you can to try to get back to a normal routine, mourn the loss of your dear friend and forgive yourself you lapses. Soon the OP days will again out number the not so good ones.

I'm keeping you in my thoughts,
Old 08-10-2002, 10:17 PM   #22  
a work in progress...

Hey troops!

just popping in to say hey...son and I are about to watch Austin Powers in "The Spy Who Shagged Me" for the millionth time...

Yeah baby, yeah!
Old 08-10-2002, 10:45 PM   #23  

WOW....my back hurts.

I finished, well okay quit, my outside work at 5PM so I could clean up before two of my nephews came over to watch the Vikings.

They left early because we stink.....but is it the pre seaaon and they are not playing the "main" players. But STILL....I wanted to be winning.

Tomorrow we are having my Dad out for awhile. I hope to get my pagoda painted. It's a small garden one. I dug a hole and put a piece of marble in it so I can put the newly painted, when it's done, pagoda on it. I have a friend that is Chinese and she said it should be gold for luck, fortune or something like that....

Tina, been there too many times myself.

Sara, glad you are recovering.

I must have done something "wrong" today because my back is killing me. Maybe I need cookies, ice cream, donuts....

Good think I don't have any of those things in my house.

j-ann, I have always wanted to make Portobello mushroom but haven't. Are they hard to make and do you just eat them plain? No Ketsup, mustard

Even my fingers hurt...I think I will go to bed.....
Old 08-10-2002, 11:47 PM   #24  

Angry Hiddy-ho!

Hi Ladies,

Well, once I got my butt moving, I actually did accomplish a few things today. My BIL and his girlfriend came over for dinner (fresh salmon fillets, fresh green beans, salad and rice... no rice for me though!). Right after dinner, we all grabbed our rackets and went to play tennis for 45 minutes or so.

Anyhoo, everyone's watching "Donnie Darko" right now and since I'd already seen it, I slipped away to see what was going on here. You guys are such a big part of my life now... and definitely a source of inspiration and support. You guys keep me rock solid!

Tina... It's so great that you're back. We've missed you! I just want you to know that we're here for you... you're going through a really rough time. I re-read your post a couple of times. I think how you explained the two different ppl inside of you is exactly how a lot of overweight ppl feel, but may not be able to explain as clearly and eloquently as you did. Even though right now, I'm doing well on my diet, I still feel the dichotomy; the person who would love to sit down and eat a whole black forest cake is still inside of me but is being dominated by my rational, heath conscious self. I think right now, I need my dieting self to be in control and I HOPE that eventually, when I reach my desired weight, I can learn to "tie myself together." I think your post was SO insightful!

Lucky... Back pain is the worst! It just makes you feel useless because you can't do anything without pain! I hope it was just something temporary and you're back to your old self tomorrow!

J-ann... I'm the one that's mixed up! I'm a night-hawk and always have been. Early mornings are the WORST for me... I actually feel physically sick when I have to get up really early! Btw, did I mention I was glad you've joined our thread? You seem to be decicated to us already. You pop in often, offer words of encouragement, wow us with your adventures... it's great to have you here!

Kat... Do I make you horny? *fake british accent*

Thin... Thanks for popping in and letting us know you still loved us!

Well, I should take off. "Donnie Darko" is almost over. I'm gonna slip back into the living room, catch the last 2 minutes and act like I never left! A good host would never leave her guests to chat with her friends online!

Toodles,
Sara

Last edited by SaraJoy; 08-10-2002 at 11:49 PM.
Old 08-11-2002, 04:16 AM   #25  

Hi everyone,

Tina and Lucky, hope you feel better soon.

Made a few adjustments this week to my exericse routine. I added another day of walking and lifting weights on those days. Alternating upper and lower body. Aerobicizing on Wednesdays. Still working on my food. Added nonfat plain fruit to mango. Delicious. I eat the Brown Cow brand from the health food store. My midriff needs help. No exercise will help me. Overall weight loss will make the difference.

I hope to see Bloodwork with Clint Eastwood. Did any of you see it yet? Stopped at Ross today. Scored big time. $1.49 & $5.00 pants. Love bargains. Earlier, we went to a big rummage sale. I got knick knacks, plants, silk scarves, sewing supplies. It was fun.

Have a great Sunday,
Malia

Old 08-11-2002, 09:29 AM   #26  
You and Me in 2003

Good Sunday morning all
Hope all of you are good today.

I have to vent for awhile so bear with me..
The girl that is the substutute at the library now is a very good worker. She has not worked in 20 years. When we asked her to be a sub she was thrilled and her husband told her she might as well since she's at the library all the time. But now he is trying to be the typical male. I can't understand why a grown man can't lay out his own clothes and fix his own lunch and take his own medicine with out help. She says he has to have meat at every meal and doesn't like leftovers. Men can be such babies. I have the perfect DH, I guess he has me spoiled. I better stop this rambling before I have a stroke

I have eatten a lot this weekend. Friday noght was wonderful with dinner and a movie and dessert afterwards. It was a break from the usual.

I have to shop for groceries today and I really need to get back to church. DH said I have become a heathen I haven't been in a month

Malia: I want to see Blood Work next week end. I'm sure it's good all Clint's movies are.

Lucky: take care of your back. I have had portebella mushrooms with staek and as a side item they are great. Try them you'll like them.

To everyone else have a good day and stay op
Any new recipes out there I need some ideas.
Old 08-11-2002, 09:53 AM   #27  

Mary, men all over are like that. I worked with a lady whose husband was so bad. One night a month we had to work to 7 or 8PM. He would constantly call her about when he would get his evening meal. This just made her nervous and she would make mistakes trying to hurry. I asked her once why he couldn't eat McDonalds that one night. She said (sit down for this one) "Oh, he will eat McDonalds but "I" have to be the one that picks it up"!!!!!!

Malia, it sounds like you are doing good. Send some of that exercise energy my way!!

Sara, you are so coming here to post while your guests watch a movie. My back is only slightly better this morning. Oh well, it isn't the first time and won't be the last time that it hurts me. Good excuse to "take it easy" today. Actually losing weight would probably be the BEST thing I could do.

Check with you all later.......
Old 08-11-2002, 10:27 AM   #28  

Greetings and Salutations,

Well, it sure looks like we're in for more hot, muggy (I wonder where that word "muggy" comes from?) weather. I got the garden watered and put the dogs in the yard for the morning so they can be in, and tired , during theheatof the day. Now for those chores. Since Lucky didn't arrive I guess I have to do them myself.

LUCKY: Portobellos are yummy and sooo easy. Get them when they're on sale & clean them up. Some folks just brush them clean with a soft veggie brush. Me, I rinse them in water and pat them dry. Brush on some olive oil or garlic oil. Both sides please. Then, if your grilling, about 10 minutes before dinner lay them on the grill. 3 or 4 minutes per side. Slice and serve. They ARE super with steak. I love them with everything. Even as a Portobello Sandwich. Just grill and put on a lite hamberger roll with lettuce and tomato and a bit of lite mayo. Mmm Mmm Good. I've cooked them on the barbecue grill, the Foreman and in a grill pan.

MARY: I have only one word for the opposite sex in those circumstances: "MEN!" Then I'd proably say "Honey, I've been feeding you for XX number of years and now it's your turn to feed yourself. If you need to know where anything is in the kitchen I'll be glad to show you." (Bet you can tell why I'm single!)

MALIA: Wow, you are doing great on the exercise front. I really need to do more than just aquajog 3X a week. I've really got to work on that part of my journey.

SARA: Tennis? I haven't played since I was, maybe, 20 yrs. old. AsI said. Exercise isn't my strong point. The YMCA's Fall/inter brochure is due out soon. I've got to find something to try this Fall.
Gotta fly

see you all later,
Old 08-11-2002, 07:37 PM   #29  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi everybody! Just here trying to finish up a little last minute paperwork. It's been one of those crazy days....no rest for the wicked, I suppose. Got up this morning and started laundry. It was piling up with no end in sight. Got my theatre paperwork done and am just finishing up on the apartment stuff.

We were able to see two movies yesterday. Road to Perdition was a little slow, but decent. XXX was....well what can I say? With Vin Diesel it can't be ALL bad!!!

I see we keep getting more and more smilies. I don't like the ones that make my text skip a line, even though they are cute! Am I picky, or what. This one's the cutest!!!

Tina: I'm glad you're back. It's really rough to get over a loss like that. It will take a good long time, I'm sorry to say. [[[hugs]]] On another subject: it looks like your buddy Tony didn't have a very good week either. Good thing he won the race today to get back in everyone's good graces.

Sara: I used to be able to party like that.....when I was YOUR age!

Malia: Your life sounds very busy. Hang in there. Vacation is right around the corner.

Lucky: Aren't you the best? Doing your chores BEFORE coming in here. What a girl!!!

2Cute: Hope you survived baby sitting your grandbaby. I bet you're recouperating today.

Mary: That guy shouldn't have encouraged his wife to get the job if he couldn't face making a meal once in awhile. Geez! You're just having such a nice time with your DH, that's really nice.

Katrina: I'm glad you're doing so well. I find that weighing every day helps when I'm doing well too. It keeps me going.

J-ann: Thanks for the info on the Portobello mushrooms. I really would like to try them sometime. I'm a fan of my Foreman so that sounds like a great way to make them.

Well, girls, gotta go. Paperwork and laundry are calling me.

Last edited by thinthinker; 08-11-2002 at 07:43 PM.
Old 08-11-2002, 07:45 PM   #30  
You and Me in 2003

Hello ladies
I think I caught up on my sleep today I slept through the race woke up just as Tony crossed the finish line.
Better scoot have to do some work.
Closed Thread