3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Weight Loss Support (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support-13/)
-   -   Stay at home Mom's #57 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weight-loss-support/18851-stay-home-moms-57-a.html)

ECmom 08-05-2002 03:25 PM

Stay at home Mom's #57

Stay at home Mom's #57
Welcome!!

Welcome to a thread full of encouragement, support and humor, as we share our lives, restore our health,lose weight and raise a family! Welcome to all newcomers and also to our regulars!! Be sure to go back to SAHM's thread #56 to catch up on what has been happening in everyone's lives.
Ginny

ECmom 08-05-2002 03:44 PM

Good afternoon!!!!!
Well, my big time to myself was a few minutes of TV and a short nap. But it was nice.......and peaceful. There are actually moments that I dream of sending the entirely family on Saturday to Dh's family annual reunion and I stay home all by myself (think I am mature enough for that?????:lol: ) and read.......sew.........what a scary thought. But it will never happen.

Melissa- Gee, it is great that you did not have another migraine! (can't imagine having one in this awful heat). I hope that you got your workout in today too. I hear ya with the game boys/playstation etc.........kind of drives you nuts. But it is so hot.
I feel sorry for these kids.

Michele- well, it sounds as though you have locked back into diet mode again! Good for you. Funny- how easy it is for all the little pieces of being under control to fall out out of line. Good luck!!The weight will come off.

Jen- Well, the good news is that you spread all that nasty salad over two days. It could have been worse! I hope that those cinnabons are not calling your name....... I have never had one (and hope to never have one after I saw the nutritional count of once once!). Are you looking foward to the return of school?????

Well, I had better stop blabbering here. No walk yet- but Dh promised to walk with me again tonite (hopefully after the cold front pushes through).
Have a great nite!!!!!
Ginny

mel17 08-05-2002 04:54 PM

HI!!!!!!!

Well, the migraine is trying to make a comeback, :( but I think I'm going to take half of a pain pill so that I can still try to get some house work done. I try not to take it unless I absolutely have to, and I feel like I should! I can't handle another headache all this week, noway!!! I think alot of it is just this awful heat, and sinuses, and a dash of stress to boot. Other than the miserable headache, things are good. I've got everything ready for the boys to start school, and they're just as ready to go to school! I'm getting back into my exercise program, already did a WATP 2 mile walk tape today, and later I'm going to get on the treadmill for half an hour. :D

Misty, you don't need to disappear just because you haven't done well OP, we don't judge anyone. We're not perfect, and we've all made bad food choices. And we enjoy your company too! ;)

Ginny, sounds like a nice time was had, TV and a nap would be right up my alley right NOW! I hope you have a nice walk with Dh, and I hope that bad weather is all gone for you.

I guess I better go tend to the boys, they're looking for FOOD!!!

TTFN

sassypie 08-06-2002 11:01 AM

Morning -

Boy, where is everyone? Seems kinda quiet lately. Anyway, today TOM kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. The unusual thing this month was that I didn't really crave chocolate, but salty things instead. I knew it was coming just because of the date but didn't have my normal month overall.......kinda wierd.......

I'm supposed to do aerobics today but under the circumstances, I don't know if I can bring myself to jump around for an hour! It's actually really cool outside today, (only high in mid 70's), maybe I'll just go outside and read or do some yard work. To be honest, I'd just like to go back to sleep :o . What to do?.......

Mel - sorry to hear about your oncoming migraine. I've been lucky never to have had one so I can only imagine what it must be like. Try to get nice and cozy in a cool, dark place and just relax if you can. I'll be sending you happy, get well vibes, k? :)

Ginny - wasn't that nap nice?! Even if it was only a few short minutes to yourself, at least it was more than none - kinda like when you haven't lost any weight but haven't gained any either - not great but better than nothing ;) . Btw, I don't know what the nutritional content in a cinnabon is either but I really don't care - I get to have them *maybe* once a year if I'm lucky. But, like I said before, it's a good thing it's not right around the corner or I'd be in big trouble! :p

Gonna go get some toast - gotta get some food in this crampy body. Take care and see y'all later........BYE :)

mel17 08-06-2002 12:24 PM

Morning ladies!

Sassy, thank you for the good vibes! I'm feel better this morning, but am having kidney problems! So I'm trying to drink more water than usual and praying that I don't require a hospital visit! Tonight is weigh in and I don't want to miss it since there's a good chance I'll be getting my 10% goal tonight!!! I think I'll be fine, my body is just reminding me that I haven't been doing as well as I should be in the water dept. I hope Tom goes easy on you, and leaves quickly too! And please enjoy your cool weather for me too!!!!

Ginny, I hope you had a nice walk with Dh yesterday, I hope your weather has made a change for the better too!

I'm going for now, but I'll be back after my meeting!

Have a beautiful day!

mel17 08-06-2002 12:27 PM

BTW, where is everyone? It has been really quiet here!

We miss y'all!

spryng 08-06-2002 12:34 PM

Good morning all!
Sorry I haven't written in a while. Been sick and busy.
I have some sort of sinus/ear infection that won't budge. It only affects the left side of my face, weird huh? Sleeping is horrible because I can't breathe!! My nose it stuffed but only on the left side except at night when they both want to clog up. Nasty huh? Will sudafed ease this?? I need relief. Yesterday we bought our very first riding lawn mower. Got a great deal on it. My dh is in love!! :love: He babied it all the way home and actually mowed half of the yard at 9 pm last ngiht! I was impressed with that. Tonight he will finish it.
As for eating and exercising I haven't did so well this past weekend. But yesterday I bought a library card )35 dollars!! can you believe it?! :fr: , high way robbery) but the new library is so awsome that I couldn't wait any longer to join. I could only rent one book on my first visit so I checked out Susan Powters "Stop the Insanity" diet book. I have to admit I LOVE IT!! :cb: She makes alot of sense to me. Her pan is to eat more and still lose weight. No calorie or fat gram counting. She says low fat is key. You use her "formula" and eat foods that are 30% or less total fat per serving and you can have all you want of them. Of course even if you stray some you can still lose weight. It sounds great to me. Her attitude reflects mine when it comes to dieting. She encourages moving, breathing, and eating. Things I can do. We all do. You might be interested in this Misty. It breaks the dieting cycle that you and I are so tired of. That all of us are. I'm only half way through the book. But if anyone wants extra info on her let me know. I'm definitely going to give it a go.
Well, I'm out of time. I just ordered an epilady on the net. Anyone ever use one? I ordered their new one, Epigirl. It's smaller and wider. (for those who don't know what I'm talking about it a razor of sorts that pulls the hair out from the roots and leaves you hairless for weeks. ) I used a friends before I got married and didn't have to shave for 4 weeks!! It was heaven. So I want one of my own now. I'm tired of shaving so much, you know?
Well, I'll catch you all later. Have a great OP day and lets all get in our exercise!! :sheep:

bobsgal 08-06-2002 03:18 PM

Hi everyone! I am a newcomer to this website and hoping for some support and encouragement as I start my weight loss journey. I have a lot of weight to lose. I just started my diet and exercise plan last week so hopefully I can stick with it. I have 2 children. My son is 4 1/2 and my daughter is 1 1/2. Well hope to hear from everyone soon. Thanks!

spryng 08-06-2002 04:07 PM

Welcome bobsgal!! You really have come to the right place. The women here are so encouraging and real and quickly become good friends!
My name is spryng. I'm 22 with two kids (1 & 7 months and 2 & 6 months) May I ask what diet you just started? There are many different ones here. Some are on low- fat some are portion controls, some are low cal, a couple are on WW's. I just started a new low fat diet today. It's Susan Powters plan. I'm doing really good so far today. I'm motivated for some reason :) I look forward to getting to know you better!!

mel17 08-06-2002 04:55 PM

Welcome Bobsgal! You've come to the right place, this is a great bunch of ladies! I'm Melissa, 31yrs. SAHM, married and mom to an 11 yr old son. I'm on the WW points plan, and have been so for 8 weeks today (very exciting day for me= reached my 10% goal!). Before that I was counting calories and exercising, but I decided that going to WW would be great because of the meetings. I wish you luck in your weight loss journey, and feel free to stop in and post anytime!!

Well girls, I'm almost ready to head to my WW meeting, and I'm as nervous as the day I started! I never thought that I would get this far, and it's so exciting!!! I'll let y'all know!!! Cross your fingers! :^:

mel17 08-06-2002 07:45 PM

I did it!!! I got my 10%!!!! Yeah!!!!!! My loss for the week was 2.2 lbs. and my total is 28.8 lbs.!!! Oh, this is so exciting! Now to set another goal, and I think I'll go with another 10% cause it's easier to deal with than thinking about the ultimate goal. I am on cloud nine, WOOHOO!!!

Thank you ladies, for being here and getting me through the ups and downs of weight loss! THANK YOU!

TTFN

274.2/245.4/135

bobsgal 08-06-2002 11:00 PM

Thanks for the welcome. I am not on a specific plan. What I have started to do is walk 1 mile every morning 5 days a week, and try to eat right. I drink mostly water(I drink about 100 ounces daily), incorporated more fruits and vegetables into my diet, switched from white bread to wheat bread, switched from whole milk to 2% milk, and try not to eat any junk food. I also started buying ground turkey instead of ground beef. I've heard that in order to lose weight and keep it off, you need to make a lifestyle change and that's ehat I'm trying to do. I will weigh myself at the end of this week, so hopefully I see a loss. Congrats Mel on your 10%.Keep up the good work

spryng 08-07-2002 10:55 AM

Cograts Mel on your loss and first goal!!!! That is so amazing for you! Have you went down sizes already? Wow, almost 30 lbs. That's how much I've lost. Keep up the good work!
You are right Bobsgal, it's all about lifestyle changes. I'm doing the same thing. It's low fat but basically the same, more exercise, more frutis and vegs, and low fat items. I drink fat free milk and also cook with it. You really can't taste any difference when you cook with it so I'm hooked.
Yesteday I did erally good with my eating except for dinner. DH suprised me with chinese takeout and I caved. He didn't realize I had started the new plan yet. He felt bad but i ate it anyway... shame on me. Plus I haven't exercised in about 4 days again. I will definitely hop on today, maybe twice! :) But dinner was going to be hard for me anyway, I went through my pantry and discovered I didn't have much of anything that was 30% or less fat. So I had to go shopping. I got some good things. Whole wheat bagels, 100% fruit jam, corn tortillas, wheat bread, low fat lunch meat, etc. I think I am stocked for a while anyway. I'm excited about the plan though. I have today all mapped out so I don't stray. I had a bagel with jam for breakfast, sandwiches for lunch with soup, (I may or may not have the soup depending on how hungry I am) and bean burritos (with corn tortillas) for dinner with rice and vegetables of course. I always do better if I know what I am eating in advance. PLus I bought snacks. Low fat yogurt, and baby carrots. So I should be fine.
But I have decided something.... I should learn how to cook better. I need to invest in a really good cook book and use it alot. I was thinking about what I make when I cook and it's either pre-packaged or something easy like tacos or spaghetti, I need to learn how to cok sauces and meats and casseroles, etc. So that is my next adventure. I'm going to pick one new recipe a week from the net (until I buy a book) and make it. Try new things, new flavors... what do you think? Of course it will all be low-fat. SO much healthier for the family.
Well, speaking of family we are getting away this weekend to Tulsa so I need to make a reservation online and get things planned. I'll catch you all later!!

sassypie 08-07-2002 11:12 AM

Morning Ladies :)

Welcome Bobsgal!! Nice to meet you. I'm sure you'll find your niche here in no time. My name's Jen, been married for 8 yrs, have 2 beautiful dd's (6 and 4) and a dog. I'm not on a specific plan - just watch what I eat and exercize 6 days/week. Can't wait to learn more about you over time - pop in often :).

Mel - Wow! I'm so thrilled for you - you must be so proud of yourself! What a huge hurdle you've just ovecome! Was it easier/harder than you expected? If you were ever in doubt, now you know that you can definitely do it!! Congrats and keep workin :cp: .

Spryng - Tulsa huh? Are you going for leisure? Any special events/places to see planned? Don't sweat not getting on your bike - everyone needs a break from time to time. As long as you get back on, that's all that's important. You can do it - I know you have the fire ;)

Well, I never did my exercizes yesterday - TOM really had my belly in knots. I feel better today but still a bit tired. I'm gonna do Kathy Smith's lower body workout today and an abs tape so it'll give me about an hour of strength training. Eating was pretty good yesterday even though I had some guacamole and chips. More than anything, I'm really thirsty and I've been drinking tons of water - I just don't get it. I think I could drink 5 gallons and I'd *still* feel dehydrated :dizzy: . Time to go workout - my cousin's coming over this afternoon and I don't want to be in the middle of my w/o when she shows up :o . Talk to y'all soon!

lovmykiddies 08-07-2002 11:25 AM

Hi Ladies! I feel like I've been gone for awhile! I think I've been avoiding coming here because I've done so bad in the last couple of days!!! I totally pigged out yesterday!!! Come to think of it tho...now that I've changed my eating habits "pigging out" has a totally different meaning! Before it meant that I ate crap all day long. Now it means that my meals were not healthy. I didn't snack at all but I still felt icky. I had hot dogs and macaroni and cheese for lunch and then I went to Chi Chi's and had chips, salsa, tacos, rice, and TWO margaritas!!! Then I didn't even get on my bike at all yesterday! My dh is out of town so it's been really hard for me to find time to do it! Oh well, at least I'm aware of it and I'm all geared up to get on the bike while Emma is napping now! Ty pretty much can entertain himself! Okay that's enough of my whining! I forget to tell you all that when I weighed myself on Sun morning I was down another pound so the total is 10 lbs!! Woo hoo!!!

Melissa---HOLY COW!!! Great job! I can't wait until I can say I've lost that much!! Keep up the good work girl!!!:cp:

Bobsgal--Welcome! I've only been coming here a week or so and already I feel great support from all of these ladies!!!

Spryng--Good luck with your new plan! I also need to start cooking more! I, like you, cook things out of the box. If you try any great recipes let us know!

I can't remember who else I was going to mention! Well I'm off to ride the bike!:spin:

Tami
230/220/???

spryng 08-07-2002 11:50 AM

Funny thing happend, I was talking about buying a low fat recipe book and then decided to raid my own collection of old recipe books and I came across a winner!! America's Name Brand Light Cooking. That's the name of the book. And every recipe is 30% or less fat!!! I'm so excited. I'm already figuring out what I want to try first.
Oh and another good note, I went to priceline.com and put in a very low price for a 4 star hotel in tulsa and we GOT IT!!! Now I'm psyked!! We are going to stay there sunday night and come home onday evening. We are planning on taking the kids to Bells Amusement Park and maybe Big Splash. It's only two hours away but since we didn't get that vacation we needed this will be our little make shift one... :) I'm very happy at the moment.... My day is looking brighter by the second!!
Congrats Tami on another lb loss!! I'm scared to weight myself. I think I might have added a couple more lbs. I'll check tomorrow... maybe... :lol:
Thank you sassy for saying that I have the "fire" to get my exercising going again. That's just what I needed to hear. You are so encouraging, thanks..!
Well, I've spent enough time on the computer this am, I need to get my kitchen cleaned and on my bike beofre nap time comes. I'll check back in later!!

ECmom 08-07-2002 01:42 PM

Hi!!!!!!!
Welcome Bobsgal!
I wanted to check in and post for a while............Dd is falling apart, so I will just have to say hi. Huge problems (we have had them all summer) with separation anxiety, at the age of 6???? I am confused).
Gotta go- see y'all later!
Ginny

ECmom 08-07-2002 09:13 PM

Good evening!
Well, I survived today........despite all the cranky moods, complaining, adolescent temper tantrums... bad attitudes and 6 year old clinginess and tears. The house is getting quiet.......ah.......that is more like it.:) My two oldest are out playng "manhunt"- a sort of hide and seek played in the dark- we have a fair amount of woods and a pond/stream nearby so it makes it entertaining! Dd is in her jammies, waiting for her bedtime story and Bible story. Sorry for sounding like such a grump before- there was just so much feuding I could handle.
But all ended up fairly well......... and I think I kept the troops moderately happy.
Sorry, but I will not be into any personal replies tonite, I am kind of drained. I did get a walk in this am- 40 minutes, and I am planning on going out for another 20 as soon as Dd is in bed. Gotta destress a bit. Mel, Tami, Jen and Spryng- glad that you have kept the thread busy! Oh, Mel, congrats on your 10%!!!!!That is wonderful!
Bobsgal- I look foward to getting to know you better!! I am not usually such a burn out, or usually this grumpy either (too bad Jackie is not here to comment on my grumpyness!;) ) And Spryng and Jen, I hope that both of you are feeling better!!!!!!
Tomorrow we are going to a County Fair- one of the best in the area- still a very country/agricultural fair (getting sort of rare in this area). Dh took the day off- and will be home until Tuesday of next week on vacation. Saturday we are going upstate for a family reunion (his side)- usually a fun day- but l-o-n-g. (too long in my opinion!)
Ok, Bunny Money awaits me (the book Dd is so patiently holding).
Have a great nite!!!!!!
Ginny

spryng 08-07-2002 10:56 PM

Good evening all!
Well I made it through the entire day OP!!! I am so proud of myself. I got kind of scare at dinner because i planned to make bean burritos only to find I was out of beans (figures huh?) So instead I made a rice dish, brocoli, corn, and ate the corn tortillas like bread. It was amazingly very good and filling. I kept telling myself to stop when I felt satisfied... well I did clean my plate but was satisfied and didn't go back for more. So all day I kept my food at 30% or less fat and got in 20 minutes of exercise. I'm happy with that. I hope tomorrow goes just as well.
Sorry to hear your day was so stressful Ginny. I'm glad it calmed down a bit. My kids went to bed early tonight because of constant fighting. Sometimes they do so well together and then there are times they are constantly bugging one another to the point of screaming and crying over every little look. Like you Ginny, I can only take so much. So off to bed they went. But they both went out fast so they must have been tired. Explains the excessive whining and crying :)
Well, my dh just got home so I'm signing off for the night. I'll se you ladies in the am!

mel17 08-07-2002 11:46 PM

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! But I owe you ladies some of the credit, for being here for me, and encouraging me. I'm still on high from my meeting last night, and to prove it I got on my treadmill and walked for an hour! That's exciting too, cause I've never done that before. I'm really starting to feel some benifits of my losses already, like more energy and less pain when I exercise And I'm even starting to breath a little better! I'm not having to use my inhaler as often in the last week or so, yeah!!!

Spryng, I hope y'all have a great weekend, and enjoy Tulsa! We were there a couple of summers back, for a dog show. We had a really nice time, and I especially like the fact that It's fairly close to home! Only a 3 hour drive, and I like the scenery, so it's great!

I too am taking a trip this weekend, back to my moms in Louisiana, for a short visit before school starts. Then I won't see her until Thanksgiving, but that's good cause by then she'll really be able to see a difference in my weight!

Sassy, I would have to say that, WW has definetly made this easier than I thought it would be. Which is a good thing, because I'm really learning alot about eating healthy, and making changes. Yes, LIFESTYLE CHANGES would be the right term.

Bobsgal, sounds like you're well on your way to a healthier lifestyle too! I think you're going to do great, and I'll be looking forward to cheering when you weigh in! :)

Tami, you are doing so great! Don't let a few bad meals stand in your way, just get right back on the wagon(or bike :lol: ) and lets do this!! We're all rooting for you!

Well, I'm off to bed, so I can get up with Dh early in the AM!

TTFN

mel17 08-07-2002 11:51 PM

BTW, :( I was looking at my WW book and the lady figured wrong, so I've lost 28.6 (not 28.8) and I'm at 245.6 lbs. I just wanted to let y'all know, I was a tad bit bummed but it's only .2! So my corrected stats are as follows>

274.2/245.6/135

mel17 08-08-2002 08:09 AM

Ginny, I hope you have a better day today! Our kids can sure do a number on us, so we just have to try and keep them happy (busy)? I'm happy that mine are ready to go to school, then I don't feel as bad about saying "I can't wait!".

Spryng, sounds like you're getting back into the groove of things! WTG, cause that's the hardest part. Since I've joined WW, I've been cooking a lot of healthy meals, and my family is loving all of them! You might want to check them out, just go to WeightWatchers.com and register, then you can go to commumity recipe swap for lots and lots of yummy recipes! And it's free!

Well, I've got a busy, busy day! Getting ready to leave for my moms house tonight.

Have a good day!

sassypie 08-08-2002 09:33 AM

Morning -

Quick post to say hi this am and to check-in, in general. I always feel more accountable if I check in at least once/day. Feeling better today than yesterday - not as tired and I plan to get a lot accomplished - dd's are at their dg&g's for the day. First though, I have a hair appointment to rush off to - it's in a few minutes. I'll check back in later and try to get to everyone. Plans for exercize are to do tae-bo (yuk! :p ) so I'll see y'all after that - if I'm strong enough to type, that is ;) !! See ya!!!!!

MistyMichele 08-08-2002 01:25 PM

Good Afternoon!!
Hope you all are doing really well. I'm really just hanging in here. It's been beautiful weather here. I've been working outside everyday. I haven't had much time to post. Sorry. Things here are just so busy.
I'm having trouble staying OP. TOM is getting closer and I always have a huge appetite at this point. Also I'm alittle stressed. I noticed I have a bump on the back of my head the other day. So I have been to see the doctor and they made some xrays. I'm waiting to hear from the radiologist. They seem to think is may be swolen lymphnoids (sp?) from allergies. So it will probably go away. Still makes me nervous tho.
So I'm sorry for not being personal once again. Hope you all understand.
Have a great day!

lovmykiddies 08-08-2002 04:01 PM

Hi All!:D

Well, I just got off of the bike and am feeling pretty good after way too much for lunch! UGH! Last night after work my kids were actually asleep (grandma babsat) so I got to ride my bike last night too! When the kids wake up from naps I'm hoping to get out for a walk too!!! I'm getting excited because dh will be home really late tomorrow night! It'll be so nice to have him back! I'm also dreading next week because I work a bundle!

Sassy-Hope your hair appt goes well and have fun with your tae-bo work out! I give you credit...I just don't think I would have the strength to actually make it through one of those workouts!! Keep it up!!

Misty-I know what you mean about TOM...I'm the same way! I am always craving food and never wanting to do anything!! Hope everything turns out okay with your xrays! Let us know!

Melissa-An HOUR on the treadmill??? You go, girl!!! That's great! I bet that alone burned off the .2 lbs! I know what you mean about having more energy! Even with my 10 lbs lost I feel a huge difference! Have fun in Louisiana!

Spryng-Great job staying op yesterday! Sounds like you are really in the right mind set now!! Keep it up! Hopefully your energy will rub off on me! I need some more motivation!

Ginny-Sounds like the kids are giving you a run for your money! Since my dh has been gone I've been feeling the stress of having the kids 24 hrs a day and I feel your pain! Hope you have fun at the fair...sounds like a blast!

Did I get everyone???? :dizzy:

Well it sounds like Ty is up (never slept actually) so I better get going!

Hope everyone has a great op day and I'll stop in later to see how everyone is!!!

Tami

230/220/???

mel17 08-08-2002 04:32 PM

In case I don't get a chance to check in while at Dm, y'all have a wonderful OP weekend! I'm leaving in a couple of hours, so I don't have long. I've been cleaning, and packing all day, plus Sears delivered my new freezer today, so I had to put everything in there from the old one. Y'all take care, and Misty I'm sending get well wishes! TTFN

KarenW 08-08-2002 06:07 PM

Finally!!! I can post again!! Sheesh!

I have had issues with my email because of a server switch. I was working then I wasnt! Sigh...

I havent been doing that hot this week. with all the stress of my website, i have not been on my treadmill all week. I havent been logging my food either! But I have been reading!

Mel - Way to go on the 10% that is soo awesome!! :)
spryng - I would love to hear how the Susan Powter program works for you!! keep us posted!

I will keep this short as I need to get ready for a crochet class I am teaching tonight. But I will be back tomorrow!

talk to you soon!

spryng 08-08-2002 10:52 PM

Good evening ladies!!
First let me get out some pesonal responses...

KarenW- so glad that you can post again! How's that brochure going?? And I will keep you informed on the susan powters program, I'll have more on that later...
Tami great work with all the exercise! It really will pay off soon! I'm so glad so many of us here are execising again.
Misty- sorry to hear you have been so busy and stressed. I hope that the doctor is right about the bump on your head. If you need to talk feel free to pm me or email me anytime :)
Sassy- do you like the tae bo? I really wanted to try it a few months back but never got around to it and now it just looks too demanding physically. But you are suppose to get great results from it. Maybe I'll try it someday.
Mel, thanks for telling me about weight watchers recipes. I didn't know you could join for free. I just may mosey on over there and check it out. I'm really learning alot about low fat lately that I didn't know.

Well I hope I didn't miss anyone...
My day has been GREAT! My DH is off until tuesday so we took the kids to the lake and spent the day there. We packed up the ice chest with lots of things for lunch and I stayed OP all day again!! That's a HUGE accomplishment for me. I had a whole wheat bagel with jelly for breakfast, two honey ham sandwiches for lunch on wheat bread with baby carrots to crunch, and then for dinner I bought turkey chili and made low fat con bread to go with it and it was very good. I was impressed. 1 that I did so well and 2 that it all hit the spot. Plus while we were at the lake I got in some water arobics. It really got my heart rate up there. SO I feel like today was a success. I'm very happy. Tomorrow I see another good day. Well I guess I'll get off here. But I think I finally found a diet I can live with. That's so nice.
Well, G'nite!!

KarenW 08-09-2002 10:36 AM

Good Morning!

Spryng - Great job on staing OP! I have started back in today too! I am putting the final touches on a few things around here because I am having company tonight, but This afternoon.. it is up on the treadmill! And posting my food journal in Fitday!

I cant tell you how happy I am to be able to post again! It seems to me that I lose motivation when I cant share my experiences each day. DH is great support most of the time, but he doesnt understand either...

Well, I am off...

sassypie 08-09-2002 10:45 AM

Morning :)

Well, I never did get back after my hair appt. - sorry 'bout that. I ended up spending the day under a pile of paperwork that had been building up since last July!!!:o It was one of those "to file" piles and I just kept letting the stack get bigger and bigger. It was always put away in a cabinet so it was easy to overlook - until I opened the cabinet and the papers jumped out and attacked me. Soooo, that literally took me all day to get organized and filed with lables, dividers, etc. Afterward, I did do Taebo and jeez, I can say with complete honesty that I do not look forward to doing my aerobics! My strength training I don't mind but the aerobics take sooooo much energy to get results. I have to really psyche (sp?) myself up to do them with a full effort. Whine, whine, whine......I know....I'll shut up now ;) .

Got a phone call from my old boss while digging out of papers yesterday. She offered me a temporary (possibly to go permanent) position if I was interested. The hours would be flexible to suit my kids' school schedule. I am looking for something part-time since the girls will be gone - I just don't know if I want to go back to where I was before. I left on very good terms and have an open invitation to come back (which I am very fortunate to have, I acknowledge); but I had a lot of responsibility before and I am not looking for that now. I am worried that the expectation will be higher than what I am willing to give at this point. I know I said temporary but somehow I have a stong feeling that I will be offered *something* before that position is completed. Am I making any sense? I feel like quite the party pooper today - this isn't like me. I just feel all mixed up right now - so many thoughts going on in my little brain and trying to figure it all out :dizzy: . Maybe I should just take it at face value and stop reading into it - what do you gals think?

Ok so today, I'm supposed to do upper body and pilates (yea! :) ). I like this one so I'm not gonna put it off until the last possible minute. I guess I should go - need to get moving for the day - girls wanna go outside and play, play, play! Sorry about not responding personally. I did read the other posts but just can't remember everything and with all the other thoughts racing around in my head, I'd get them all mixed up anyway. Have a wonderful day ladies!

lovmykiddies 08-09-2002 10:50 AM

Hey all!

Sounds like everyone had a pretty decent day yesterday! I'm so proud because besides the 15 min I did on my bike yesterday a.m. I also had a chance to do my Walking Away the Pounds tape (the one mile) for the first time last night! I really like it a lot! I hate the exercise tapes that you can never follow and you're just standing there like an idiot not knowing what you're doing! This one is soooo easy to follow and it really got me sweating too!

I'm going for lunch and shopping with my sister-in-law this afternoon so hopefully I have enough willpower to make some good food choices! I'll check back later!

Hope everyone has a super day!!! Remember...we can do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tami

230/220/???:dancer:

MistyMichele 08-09-2002 09:00 PM

Hi all!
Hope you all have a great weekend.
BTW the bump on my head turned out to be nothing. Thanks tho for asking.

bobsgal 08-09-2002 10:04 PM

Hi everyone. Happy to report that I've stayed OP for almost 2 weeks now. Official weigh in is Sunday so I hope to see a loss. We even had pizza today and I limited myself to 2 slices(white pizza), which is a great accomplishment since I love pizza. I ate a salad first to curb my appetite and it worked. Yea! On the exercise front, I've been walking 1 mile every morning Mon-Fri. I also bought the Walk Away the Pounds tape(2 mile) today and can't wait to try it. I think I'm going to get up early tomorrow just so I can do it. Misty- Glad to hear that the bump was nothing. Tami- Great job yesterday.Everyone else-thanks for the welcome and support.
Steph

spryng 08-09-2002 10:10 PM

Good evening all!
Good job on your exercsie Tami. You have been doing so great.
Misty glad that the bump turned out to be nothing. I had a scare about a month and a 1/2 ago. I thought I felt a lump in my breast and went bezerk but upon exam the doctor said it was nothing and for me to not worry about it. It's always nice to hear those words. I miss your detailed posts though. Is everything ok?? PM me if you like ok?? I'm here for you.
Well, my day went really well. I got to sleep late and then we went to the movies to see SIGNS this afternoon. It was pretty good. My hardest part today was going out to eat. I was tempted by chinese and pizza but instead chose Applebees and had thier low fat chicken fajita quesadillas. It's made with fat free cheeses and on wheat tortillas and serves with salsa and fat free sour cream. I was so proud of myself for odering that and it turned out to be quite delicious even my DH liked it after tasting it! :) So I didn't blow my progress on junk food today and then for dinner I ate leftover turkey chili and corn bread but just a small serving. The only thing I didn't do was exerscise so I'll try harder on that tomorrow. So all in all I did a good job staying OP today. I also weighed this am, 140. Oh I forgot to tell you I weighed the other day. 140. SO I had gained two lbs. Still at 140 this am. But this is only day three for me and I know if I don't quit I'll see some results soon. The slower the lbs come off the longer they stay off, I hear. I hope that's right.
Well, Hope everyone has a great night and I'll check back in tomorrow. I have a family get together to go to tomorrow. I'm not sure what will be served there but I'm going to give this my all. G'nite!! :)

mel17 08-10-2002 11:07 AM

Just wanted to pop in for a minute, and say Hello! I'm at my moms, and we're having a great time, went to Wal-Mart late last night and she bought me a few new clothes. I'm officially down another size again, and let me tell you, I was pleasantly surprised by that fact! :D I didn't get in enough water yesterday, and now I'm paying for it with swelling and the old kidney's are giving me a little trouble too. I'll be fine though, just gotta make sure I drink plenty today. Well I'm off, y'all have a beautiful weekend and I'll check back tomorrow when I'm back home.

TTFN

sassypie 08-10-2002 01:21 PM

HI everyone :)

Tami - great job with the exercise!! As far as making good food choices goes, we all know how difficult that can be - do your best and if you do end up making the wrong choice, acknowledge it and learn from it. Next time you'll be a little stronger at saying no.

Karen - glad to see you back! Pc's can be a nightmare sometimes can't they?! There are times when I just want to throw mine in the garbage. Happy to see your's seems to be under control now :).

Steph - pardon my stupidity, but what is "white" pizza? I'm sure it's deelish cause no matter what kind of pizza it is, it's always a winner with me, but I'm just too curious to let that go. So glad to see you're staying OP - that's such a great accomplishment. Way to go!!

Misty - Very relieved to hear that the bump on your head is nothing!! I also miss your long posts - please feel free to open up at any time - you know you can always share your thoughts with us - no matter what :).

Spryng - also glad you're making good food choices - restaurants can be so hard!! They not only have wonderful food but then they give you so much of it - even if you just get a salad, it's enough for 3 people!! (It's a conspiricy I tell you!! The restaurants are in kahoots with the health clubs - it's all about making us feel guilty :s: )

Mel - always fun to go shopping - especially when you are buying smaller sizes!! Good for you and have a great time at your mom's :).

Ok, so I'm talking a lot about food choices right - and what did I have yesterday?...a hot fudge sundae :o . I had done well all day - I knew I wanted something sweet and I had been blowing it off - until really late and then I couldn't help it. I finally caved and made one. Wow! it was good but I'm not happy now that I ate it. Hopefully my kickboxing workout will get the lbs off quick!!

Tonight is family fun night and we're each gonna make our own pizzas and watch home movies. Then, we're gonna have a slumber party in the living room - we'll stay up watching TV until the last person falls asleep - my prediction is dh will be out within the first 5 minutes of laying down, then youngest dd, oldest dd and then me :s: . We'll see tomorrow if I'm right! Have a great day/weekend and talk to you all Monday!

bobsgal 08-10-2002 08:51 PM

Hi everyone! Well I did it! I actually got up early this morning and did my Walk Away the Pounds tape(2 mile) I didn't use the weights, but I worked up a sweat just the same. What a great workout!

bobsgal 08-10-2002 08:55 PM

Oops! I hit enter by mistake. So anyway, I think I'm going to use the tape in addition to my mile a day walk at least a few times a week. I felt so good after working out and staying OP that I ended up weighing myself today instead of tomorrow. Guess what? I lost 3 lbs. I'm so excited. So now I'm 272. It's a start. By the way Sassy, white pizza is pizza with no sauce. Bye for now
Steph

baj 08-10-2002 09:31 PM

Hi am new to this board and I can't tell you how nice it is to know that there are more stay at home moms here.
I have 1 son age 5 1/2 going to kindergarden this fall.
My husband has had 2 strokes and me 1 last Sept. They say that it was from birth contrll pills but who knows. So now I have made a vow to get healthy,lose weight and see my boy get married and play with my grandkids!
I have just lost 30 pounds and would like to lose atleast 30 more.
I just recieved my new eliptical trainer yesterday and man.....that 30 pounds won't be far away.:lol:

I look forward to loosing with you!!!!

Anna

ECmom 08-11-2002 06:12 PM

Survived the weekend..............

Hi!!!!!!!!
First of all, welcome Anna!!!!!!!! This thread is a fun and supportive place, and I am sure that you will fit in just fine here. You have quite some story with your Dh and your health. I am so sorry- how are both of you?????? Have you both recovered well from the strokes????? But I guess you have more than enough incentive to regain health and I hope that we can help you (or at least entertain you!!!:dizzy: ) on your journey.

Steph! Congrats on losing 3#! You are doing great! Those tapes you are doing, are they Leslie Sansone's? I saw some the other day in Sam's and wondered if that is what you are using. (I have one of her video's, an older one that I like).

Jen- I hope that your family fun nite went well.....sounds like a hoot to me! I would not worry about one sundae......you have to have a treat once and a while!!!!!

Melissa!!!! Congrats on going down a size!!! Isn't that a wonderful feeling??? I am so happy for you. Now, remember to drink you water.......ok? Please:^: !

Spryng- good job staying OP- despite all those food choices. Relax, the weight will come off........ That is true about the slower the pounds come off, the longer they stay off. So that is good news then, right?! Take your time, we are here for all support and hugs that you need.

Michele- I am so glad that your lump was nothing! You must feel a ton better.:)

Tami-sounds like you are doing well. Hope that your shopping trip was fun and successful. Good for you getting your excercise in!!!!!! Keep it up.

KarenW- I hear ya, most Dh's do not really understand our need to vent/via posting. But we are glad you can share with us. Hope that all went well with your company.

Well, I had a looney weekend. Saturday was a family picnic- and MIL (who is a very difficult person- and that says it mildly) really went off the deep end. What a difficult day until she left (pfew!!!!!!!).

Well, I am going to start a new thread (#58!). Jackie is back- she left a post on the end of # 56 which I am going to attempt to drag over there (and I will do that with this too).
See y'all there!
Ginny