Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 AM   #16  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I'm glad you got a boost of motivation

Sometimes we need to fall a bit to pick ourselves up. You sound like you're excited all over again to reach your goal which is a good place to be.

And your breakfast sounds yummy! I want an egg white omelet...hehe.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

I agree with the only thing that works is one foot in front of the other. Good job in getting back on track!
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:37 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

Eve,

I see you're at MHAFB. I grew up in Mountain Home!

You, my friend, are AWESOME. Look at what you've accomplished. One or two days of slacking are NOT going to stop you. We all have our moments, our little pity parties, and that's alright. You realize what's happening, and are making the changes to get BACK on track!

Thanksgiving for me, was wonderful. I'm not going to beat myself up over eating dinner with my family, and enjoying EVERY delicious bite! It's a rarity now to have all 5 of my kids home at the same time, so when I can, it's priceless. I just ran a little extra on Friday, and this week am BACK at the gym.

(I miss Mtn. Home)
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 08:30 PM   #19  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

suzy, that is AWESOME you are from mt home! We don't like it that much here (we're from pa and we miss the GREEN!) It still hasn't snowed here yet...it's cold enough to though. lol Thank you for your encouragement, it means a lot!
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:03 PM   #20  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

I would also add that mentally, crossing the onederland mark (or any major milestone you're working toward) can unintentionally set you up for a backslide. There is a lot of mental energy that goes into making a significant milestone and having done so, I've found a bit of a let down effect afterward, especially when the next milestone you are working toward feels far away. But getting back on the horse and recommitting is the best thing to do. Pretend like you are starting over, but from a much better starting line than before! Good luck to you and I'm glad you're back in a good frame of mind!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 210/150/150/140

Height: 5'9"

Eve,

I never thought I'd admit to myself that I miss Mtn. Home, but I do. There's something about the quiet of the desert...the smell of the sagebrush, I don't know. I adore Alaska, but miss Mtn. Home. Anderson Ranch Dam, fishing at CJ Strike, Black Sands (love it there)

I too am trying to become a runner. On week 4 now of my running quest. My legs are killing me. And, today, I'm meeting with a personal trainer at the gym, BOB. (husband of a friend of mine) I'm sure I won't be liking Bob much tomorrow.

But, just another step to becoming FIERCE...
Suzyszoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:35 PM   #22  
Half Marathoner!!!

S/C/G: A bunch/ticker/140

Height: 5'5''

clcs, you are spot on about the big milestone thing. I did feel let down afterwards because I didn't really have another big milestone other than reaching goal. Thank you for your insight.

suzy, Me and dh and our lab/chow LOVE cj strike! Haven't been to black sands but it sounds great! I wanna go climb the Bruneau Dunes that will give me a good workout! And that is hilarious that your trainer's name is bob! Maybe he'll work you out just like on the biggest loser?
EveLHaelf is offline   Reply With Quote