Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-24-2009, 08:46 PM   #16  
In it to win it!!

S/C/G: 312/ticker/150

Height: 5ft 3in

I have a Curves digital one but don't use it often it is not reliable at all. Even after having replaced the battery!!! Most of the time I weigh in at work(pediatrician's office) we have a balance scale there. It is very accurate!!
Vivian27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 03:44 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

The Taylor scale works by Bioimpedance. Basically it sends an eletrical signal through your body. It can only travel where there is water, and
there is only one tissue type that can not hold water. Fat. So the greater your lean mass, the greater your water. but you could also see a water % rise , because of TOM, Salt intake...etc.

my water is usually 36-40. It goes up to 42 around TOM.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 10:07 PM   #18  
Year 9 in Maintenance

S/C/G: 271/125/115

Height: 5'0"

I have a upright Dectecto balance beam scale..like they use at my dr's office,
and a couple of Tanita Digital bathroom scales. The Tanitas weigh exactly the same as the balance beam scale, so I believe that is a very good brand.
Bright Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:06 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 196.6/see ticker/125

Height: 5'5 1/2

I use an Eks digital scale, it's very accurate, but I have to carry it to the bathroom every morning as it's the only room with a hard floor. The annoying thing about it is that I really have to stomp hard with my heel to turn it on, and sometimes it takes three or four very loud stomps which is embarrassing because I live with three men who must be wondering what on earth I'm up to... I also have a Tanita body fat monitor, but it broke when I moved (think it may have gotten shook in the car) and I've lost the receipt for it so I can't get my money back

Last edited by Sanna Maria; 11-27-2009 at 05:09 AM.
Sanna Maria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #20  
I'm fat.

S/C/G: 260.8/see ticker/145

Height: 5"6

I just bought a Weight Watchers digital scale. So far, I'm very impressed with it. Before I had a Taylor digital scale, and would often get 5-6 different weights within a 5 or 6 pound range! Obviously, very unhelpful. This one doesn't budge, even when I move it around the house.

Plus, it's kind of cute. It's blue glass.
BoobsNotBombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:31 PM   #21  
One step at a time

S/C/G: 183/136.2/125-130

Height: 5'7

I use my Wii Fit balance board, hahaha. Since I'm in the privacy of my own home, and I live alone, I have no problem weighing in in my skibbies, lol. I always weigh at the same time of the day. I only weigh once a week, because I like to see bigger changes. I lost 1.8lbs this last week, and that was a great number to see.

What I like about the Wii Fit is that it graphs your progress for you and calculates your BMI etc. Just an easy (and fun) way to keep track of everything.
mkendrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 290/283/150

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacyWoman View Post
I have a Weight Watchers brand digital scale but it's broken--last week it said I lost 40 lbs.! So I've been going to my weekly weigh-ins having NO idea what to expect. It's scary. I need to get a new scale.
I want that scale! That's some mighty fast weight loss right there!
I have a cheap, 10-dollar analog scale I bought at Walmart last February. The numbers are so small I actually have to stand on there with my camera, zoom in, and take a picture of it just to read what the scale says. But it works for me. I only do this on my bi-monthly weigh-ins. Otherwise I just step on and know about where I am. I might not be able to read if it says 156 or 157, but I'll know it's around there, and that's good enough. But... I wouldn't recommend it! A better scale would probably be less frustrating for most people!
megwini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #23  
Oregonian

S/C/G: 178/173/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
The numbers are so small I actually have to stand on there with my camera, zoom in, and take a picture of it just to read what the scale says.
How much does the camera weigh? Perhaps a lightweight pair of binoculars would help! (just kidding)
1kwords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:40 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanna Maria View Post
I use an Eks digital scale, it's very accurate, but I have to carry it to the bathroom every morning as it's the only room with a hard floor. The annoying thing about it is that I really have to stomp hard with my heel to turn it on, and sometimes it takes three or four very loud stomps which is embarrassing because I live with three men who must be wondering what on earth I'm up to... I also have a Tanita body fat monitor, but it broke when I moved (think it may have gotten shook in the car) and I've lost the receipt for it so I can't get my money back
The stomping is funny! Keep those guys guessing!

I use a WW digital scale. I got it because it shows tenths of pounds, and if I lose one tenth, I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT IT!! It works well. I got it at Kohls about a year or so ago for I think around $35-40.
nitestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #25  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

All digital scales vary in measurement each time you get on them. I was doing research to try to find a new one that didn't and learned something interesting. The ones that come up with a consistent number time after time generally have a bit of simple programming added that reverts to the last weight unless the new weight is different by X number of pounds. So even the "consistent" ones aren't so consistent, they are just programmed so you think they are.

My suggestion, if the one you have is generally accurate compared to your doctor's scale is to keep the one you have and take the first weight that comes up twice. That's what I do!

Last edited by CLCSC145; 01-09-2010 at 12:47 PM.
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 12:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 274 / 216 / 150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrainy View Post
=My digital scale is great (Thinner brand) and wont give me a different weight if I step off and step back on.
I use a Thinner scale too, but it's inaccurate. I've stepped on it several times in a row and it can often give me a weight difference of 3 lbs. I know it's a few years old though, so I have been considering getting a new scale.
Smiller264 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:23 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 320/ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

I have a weight watchers scale. I always use a rule of three. I weigh myself 3 times in a row, and if it is the same I accept it. If not, I'll weigh again and use the weight that comes up most often. I think it has more to do with my floor than the scale.
Amber1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:30 PM   #28  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

I've been using the same digital scale for the past 3 years and it's accurate. i've stepped on it 4 times in a row before and it was the same weight. i love my scale. prior to that i was using a an analog scale. which wasn't accurate at all. it was about 4 pounds off. also if i stepped on it 2 or 3 times it would give me a different weight each time.

Last edited by helwa588; 01-09-2010 at 01:32 PM.
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 155/*see ticker*/115

Height: 5'2

I have the biggest loser one. I dont know what brand it is, but it works really well

It has big clear numbers, and I love that
iwannalose92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 05:50 PM   #30  
Vegalitarian

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLCSC145 View Post
The ones that come up with a consistent number time after time generally have a bit of simple programming added that reverts to the last weight unless the new weight is different by X number of pounds. So even the "consistent" ones aren't so consistent, they are just programmed so you think they are.
I believe this. I had a frustratingly bad scale that I knew was giving false numbers that it would get "stuck" on until I got it to change, when it would give me a completely different weight. I ended up buying an Omron HBF-400, which was a bit of an investment for me, and I was upset that it was giving me different numbers every time I got on. lol But I guess that's a good thing, so long as they're in a reasonable range. It also gives body fat percentages, which I've read may not be accurate, but are very consistent so you can track your progress.

Last edited by Astrild; 01-09-2010 at 05:51 PM.
Astrild is offline   Reply With Quote