Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-21-2009, 03:30 PM   #16  
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/181.0/145.0

Height: 5'6"

Kelly~Been following your Weight loss from the beginning basically because Were so close on our weights....But I am always 10 to 15 pounds behind ya.
Anyways....You seems like a pear shape To where I am an apple shape.
I adore your BELLY~Mine is a mess....So we all have areas that bug us & usually those areas go with the last few pounds I hear.Anyways with that being said I totally agree with all that thighs has said above.........Just wanted to add....I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU~AND JUST LOOK AT HOW FAR YOU HAVE CAME!!!! When I get depressed over body issues Now I just think to my self I was way worse than I think I am now.HUGS GIRL!

Last edited by Lori259; 11-21-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #17  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

Kelly,

I too can relate. I have now crossed two different "goal weights" I had set for myself, and I am still not happy. But, it is true... the lower you get, the more of a difference each pound is going to make. I woke up the other morning just feeling thinner, and I had lost a lb... and you could *see* the difference in that one lb.

Being close to the finish line is harder than I thought it would be. I am constantly battling in my head "is it my goal weight or my expectations that need to change here?" and it's probably a bit of both. I thought at 130, I would look something like a model... but at 130, I still look like me... everything is just smaller. But I still have cellulite, I still have my pear shape, my jiggly thighs and my ample butt, lol.

Either way, I agree with everyone else here, I think you look great! We truly are our harshest critics. Everyone tells me I look so tiny, but I don't feel tiny.

And I am going to be starting the body for life challenge soon, to try to incorporate more weight training. I do think weight training will help to tone some of my "wobbly bits" lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:27 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I think you look great! And I hear all the time that those last 10 or 15 pounds make a huge difference.

You can think of it this way. I have a friend who maintains her weight at around 135 most of the time, recently she gained about 15 pounds and it made a huge difference she went from a size 6 to a size 10, she looked rounded and couldn't fit into her swim suit. Anyway my point...10-15 pounds make such a difference when you are smaller.

But really I think you look great( I can't wait to look this good :-) )
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

You look like you weigh 160 - you definitely don't look heavier. You've probably have had the same shape as you've lost weight.

My last 15 pounds made a difference in my midsection.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 11:33 PM   #20  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Sweetheart, I'd KILL to have had that body at 160lbs!! Most of my weight came off through diet, not exercise, and while I'm now in the 150's, my body is far from looking it unclothed. Your tummy! Do you see it! It's so cute and little. I hope mine will look like that one day. Congratulations on all that you've lost, and how far you've come! Keep going, you'll find yourself along the way.
UrthWurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 06:02 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Is there something wrong with me that I still look like this at this weight?

No! You've done an amazing job and your skin looks wonderful.

I have a few points that I'm thinking about ...

One is that I wish 3FC could put the words fail and failure in the censor

Recently, in the Featherweights forum, there's been a discussion just like this. Just like LittleMoonRabbit talks about. In fact all over these boards folks talk about rethinking goals.

Even bathingsuit models have cellulite.

Go to a store today ... one with a dairy section. Have a good sturdy look at 15 pounds of butter.

I'm hurrying here because I have to go to work, so I don't recall if you exercise. But if you do ... even if you never lose another pound, you will shrink.

Once I got to a normal BMI, each pound or two has made a huge difference.

Remember that 3FC is here for you. You had fans when you started. You have fans at 160. You'll always have friends who support you here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:44 AM   #22  
I'm listening...

S/C/G: HW248;Current 198/135-139/140

Height: 5'6"

Kelly, you are getting great advice here. You do look awesome! Count me in on your tummy love train. After 2 kids, mine looks like wilted lettuce. For me 15 lbs ago, I was a size 10-12 (see my avatar). Today at 135 I'm a 6-8. 2 sizes in 15 lbs. So those last 15 lbs do make a huge difference.

As far as your goal weight, you can change it! But you can decide when you get there. I got to 140, my initial goal, and decided that I was going to keep on going and let my body decide where it should be. I'm still exercising alot for the toning and am slowing starting to eat a little more. I keep thinking that I'm done because I feel and look great. But the scale has been SLOWLY creeping down 1-2 lbs a month.

Last edited by losermom; 11-22-2009 at 07:46 AM. Reason: more info
losermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:45 AM   #23  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by paris81 View Post
I think you'd look great, I'd love to look like you!
ditto! I think you have a body you can feel proud and happy about. and man, looking at what you did, all the weight you lost to get there. so impressive (!!)
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:52 AM   #24  
banned

S/C/G: 190/114/125

Height: 5'3"

I think you look great and have done a fantastic job! I agree with some of the other posters here that at this point 10 to 15 pounds will make a huge difference in the way you look and clothing sizes. I am an inch shorter than you and my original goal was 135. At 135 I still felt fat and was wearing 6's and 8's. At 125 (only 10 pounds) bring on the 2's. Now at 115 to 120 (having a hard time keeping here, LOL) I can wear a 0. It seems like I shrunk really fast in the last 20 pounds, even though it took longer than the first 50 to lose. Hang in there and don't be so critical of the way you look.....You look wonderful!
TamiL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:38 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 206/ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Its amazing how differently we each carry our weight. I'm the same height as you and weigh 161.6 as of this morning. But I think you look a heck of a lot better than I do! I carry a lot more weight in my stomach than you do...add the fact that I have somewhat saggy skin and stretch marks from pregnancy...its not a pretty sight at all lol I think my thighs are quite a bit bigger than yours too. I only hope to look as good as you do now when I'm at goal! I'm not just saying that either--I really mean it. I don't even think you look 160lbs....I would have guessed you weighed more like 140. Don't be so hard on yourself because you look GREAT!!

Ditto on what the others have said--the closer you get to goal, you'll see bigger changes in your appearance with each lb lost.
Amba Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:04 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 278/see ticker/150

Height: 5'4

I think you look great Kelly!
Smiling_Sara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 01:07 PM   #27  

Default Stay Motivated

I think that you look awesome! Stay motivated and you will see the progress you are making.
WeightLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:05 PM   #28  

S/C/G: original 221 198/ticker/150

Height: 5'9"

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but you look darned GOOD!! I mean really good! So don't be so hard on yourself. You just have to keep in mind where you started... do you have photos from then? Take a look at them and compare, you'll be surprised how much you really have changed. Besides, your goal is still 15lbs away... A LOT can change in 15lbs. Keep your chin up and be proud of how good you look. Even if you can't see it, we all can.
stargzr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:09 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 163/128/125

Height: 5'5

I think the results that you are looking for (body composition) would be achieved through a good strength training program.

Once you get smaller, you realize that numbers really don't mean anything - it becomes body composition. If you keep a solid meal plan and practice a good strength training program for 6 months or so, I think you will really begin to see the results you are looking for.
sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 03:19 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 264.2/264.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Just for the record, hun, I think you look great!
Jldsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote