Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 11-03-2009, 06:17 PM   #1  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Default Sick

So for the past 5 days I've been down with the flu. I've taken 4 of those 5 days off from my exercise. I've only really missed 2 days because the other 2 were my scheduled days off. Everyday I keep hoping I'll be feeling good enough to start back up but so far I haven't. I'm getting really frustrated and I don't know if I should just start back up even though I'm not all better or keep waiting. What's got me most worried about working out is that I get really dizzy when I get up so I'm afraid of what working out will do.

I'm still eating on plan but without working out everyday I'm starting to worry I'll never be able to get back into it.

Anyways, anyone have any advice? What do you do when you're sick. Do you wait till your 100% better or just a little better?

Thanks.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:38 PM   #2  
Happiness is not a weight

Height: 5' 8"

I vote give your body a break - at least don't do anything crazy until you can get up without feeling dizzy! Right now, your body is fighting off the flu germs, so exercising really hard is only going to take away the valuable resources it needs to do that.

When you're feeling a bit more like yourself, start small - maybe with some walking or gentle bicycling/elliptical/whatever else you do. If you still feel alright, start to pick up the intensity. Just remember that it may take a little time for your body to heal completely and to get back to where you were. Don't be discouraged - you'll get it back eventually!

Feel better
smisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 09:05 PM   #3  
Resident Pixie

S/C/G: Pant Size - 28/12/8

Height: 5'2"

I sure hope you feel better soon
Onederchic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #4  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I hope that you are feeling better soon! That said, your body does need time to rest when you are sick...the sooner you rest, the sooner you'll be back close to normal!
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:49 AM   #5  

Height: 5'6"

If you get dizzy just standing up, your body is telling you it doesn't want you to do that just now, never mind exercise.
Listen to your body!!!
What you need now is plenty of rest and plenty of fluids. You'll be getting back to exercise soon enough, but working out now willonly slowdown the healing proces.
dutchgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11

Get well lady! like everyone has stated your body needs the rest just take it easy for a while and when you feel back up to it just start slow and do something not so strenuous like walking.
PammyFl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #7  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Thanks to everyone for your posts. I stayed down and it paid off. Today I'm am feeling soooooo much better and I was even able to start working out again! Whoo hoo! Hopefully I'll stay feeling this good but so far so good. Again thanks everyone for your kind words, the flu is just no fun!
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote