Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #1  
Rawr!

S/C/G: 210/122.2/130

Height: 5'2"-5'3"

Default Wanting to lose faster

This time I decided I wasn't going to crash diet like pretty much every other diet I've ever been on. I looked up and found healthy calorie limits and healthy amounts to lose and being impatient but still wanting to stay in the healthy range I picked the highest at 2 pounds a week.

In my fitday it tells me I averaged about 2.2 or something like that so I've been pretty happy. But lately I've been getting impatient, I just want to be there already! I know that I wont be done by far once I reach my goal (this is a lifestyle change after-all and I plan to stay this way for the rest of my life) but I just want it so bad.

I have also been looking at a lot of other chicks losses and I see them losing 3, 4, 5, etc. pounds a week and their numbers dropping and I can't help but want to lose it that fast too.

I know I have a tendency to get obsessed and my perfectionist ways can take over, ending in me pushing myself to hard and losing control. So I'm trying to just stay happy with my 2.2 pounds but it's hard.

Anyways, I don't really know where I was going with this but I thought maybe some of you might feel the same way and was hoping for some advice on how to deal with it.
MeowMix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I totally understand. I get bouts of impatience as well. Especially lately b/c one of my best friends lost 26 lbs in the last 7 weeks! I took me months to lose that much! But I know I'm on the program that works for me. I wish her the best of luck on her program, but I would never be able to stick with what she's doing. I asked her what the maintainence plan was and she said she didn't know yet. yikes.
Just remind yourself that you doing the program that works best for you. You're ensuring your own success by picking a realistic lifestyle change over the old crash diet. We're all anxious to reach that glorious goal weight. Just keep working and you'll make it there!

Last edited by Aclai4067; 09-27-2009 at 08:58 PM.
Aclai4067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:14 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 280/172/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

I would not want to lose weight fats, honestly.
First losing 1-2 pounds is healthy it is advised not to lose faster than that. I don't want to harm my body in any ways. Also I know that if you lose slower you are more likely to keep it off in the long run. I am also worried about loose skin...
I lost about 100 pounds in a little over a year. I lost about 2 pounds a week but some weeks I lost nothing, others I even gained (water weight because I stick to plan)
Now I am just stuck...you will get there! Just take it one step at a time
Dagny18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:24 PM   #4  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Put it into perspective - look at the big picture.

While I TOTALLY understand your feelings, I gotta tell you - now that I am at goal, it matters not a bit how long it took to get here. I called myself the snail, the tortoise - during my journey. It felt SO SLOWWWWW......

But now, it feels like it happened incredibly fast. And, as others have said - my body, my mind, my spirit - had time to adjust to the loss.

The journey is as important as the loss. The things I learned along the way, have been immensely valuable during maintenance.

CELEBRATE your journey - enjoy it - savor it - and don't compare yourself to ANYONE.

This is YOUR journey!
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:11 PM   #5  
Rawr!

Thank you so much for the advice. I already feel better about my 2.2 pounds I think the main thing that brought this on is that I'm starting to notice teeny tiny changes in my body and it's making me anxious to see the end results and do the things I'm excited to do once I reach my goal.

And really, looking back it really didn't seem that long at all. The time flew by and I'm pretty much half way done so I only need to keep it up and it will fly by again.

Thanks again for all your kind words, it really does help.

Last edited by MeowMix; 09-27-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:00 PM   #6  

Height: 5'11"

What CountingDown said about giving your mind, body and spirit time to adjust is SO true. A few weeks ago, I was remarking that I was starting to feel uncomfortable or guilty or misplaced or something about my weight loss. Guess what? I'm now pretty much stalled. I think that it's because of my feelings of discomfort that I was having a few weeks ago, that maybe I'm somehow just not ready to go to the next losing level yet or something.

My weight loss has been slow, around 1.3 pounds a week on average. Most people would find that excruciatingly slow, and sometimes I do, too. But really, I think I need this pace so that I can adjust mentally to my new shape and how it affects my life.

It's the long term that matters. It's easy to get distracted by the chicks who are losing quickly and to even become envious; in fact, I went through a spell like that. I had to stop and realize that the chicks I was envious of were 100% dedicated to their plan, and they were doing few calories than I am comfortable with. So....there is no reason to be envious. We are walking a different path, that's all.
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:05 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I can understand impatience. Oh yes ... I wanna be slim now!

Resistance exercises are what truly brings about desirable changes in my body. I can get smaller by dieting alone but the really nice slim, fit changes ... they come from weight lifting.
Have you tried? dumbells? bands?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 308/176/150

Height: 5ft 5

I'm aiming for 2lb too but wish it could be faster. Yes some weeks I've had losses of 3-5lb but this has normally been when I haven't lost the week before and often I don't lose the week after as well despite doing everythign else the same (but still I think my average works out at about 2lb). It is best to stick with your healthy 1-2lb per week and not worry so much about everyone elses bigger losses - there could be other reasons they had a bigger loss that week.
Rainbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #9  
Rawr!

Thanks guys, it helps to know I'm not the only one to feel this way.

SusanB - I don't really do much weight lifting. I think the closest I get is the resistance feature on my elliptical. I wouldn't even know where to start with weight lifting. Always seemed like a man thing so I never really looked into it.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:59 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 216/180.6/160

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
I wouldn't even know where to start with weight lifting. Always seemed like a man thing so I never really looked into it.
Not at all!!!

Strength training helps me SO much! When I'm dedictated to my strength training, I lose much faster. Right now, I'm doing Jillian Michaels' No More Trouble Zones video and it kicks my BUTT! All you need is a yoga mat and light weights (3lb or 5lb). You can also do her 30 Day Shred which is only 25 minutes a day (but very tough!). Jillian's are the only videos I've done (aside from my short relationship with Ab Ripper X, LOL) so I can't comment on others. But yeah, I suggest those or maybe going to the gym to lift weights...

Last edited by Cali Doll; 09-28-2009 at 02:00 PM.
Cali Doll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:10 PM   #11  
a work in progress

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'6 1/2

2.2 lb a week would make me dance a happy dance, lol. i lose between 0.5 and 1.2 a week. obviously it was more at first, but the closer i get to where i want to be, the slower it gets. the slower you lose, the less likely you are to gain it back, keep that in mind!

EVERYONE gets impatient. just take it one day at a time.
juliastl27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowMix View Post
Thanks guys, it helps to know I'm not the only one to feel this way.

SusanB - I don't really do much weight lifting. I think the closest I get is the resistance feature on my elliptical. I wouldn't even know where to start with weight lifting. Always seemed like a man thing so I never really looked into it.

Oh my goodness! You're missing one of the best aspects of slimming! It's fun and effective.

Here's a link to the threads here at 3FC
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/weig...e-training-80/
There's good information in the stickies and the folks who hang out there are great!
I also like this site http://www.stumptuous.com/ Helpful and funny!

You'll enjoy adding some weights to your workout, honest you will!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #13  
ladypeanutj

S/C/G: 273/211/140

Height: 5'2"

I know I totally agree. I so want to hurry things up. I see so many people that have lost like 60 pds in like 9 months and I want to jump right on that but I just don't have that level of commitment(diet, exercise). I guess I will have to be satisfied with the small victories.
ladypeanutj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:40 PM   #14  
Running With Scissors

S/C/G: 178/175/150

Height: 5'3

Wanting to lose faster is understandable, but there are a lot of factors to why you weigh the way you do other than just lbs and the number on the scale. there is water weight, muscle, if you haven't gone to the bathroom in days...ect ect ect. it all makes you weigh more.

I lose more some weeks than others. Sometimes i gain a pound back and spend the whole week trying to lose it, usually that's the week of my period. They say it's safe to lose 1-2 lbs a week and generally it's difficult to lose more than that safely anyway.

if you want to do this as more than a crash diet have patience. it's not easy, but we're all here for you! good luck!
indiegrlx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:03 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 255/144 and maintaining

Height: 5'9

I totally know how you feel! Especially when it's a bit easier to lose at the start. In the past I've been the same way as you, really. I'd crash diet and work out for hours until finally giving up before getting any results. This time, like you, I'm doing it the healthy and effective way. The closer we get to our goal, the more we'll hopefully be able to accept that it's a process, a loong one, but it's SO worth it. Good luck!
jkinboston89 is offline   Reply With Quote